Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

eat my rear end tankie

Sorry. No Stalinist would ever do that. Now get in gulag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

MonsieurChoc posted:

Isn't Gammon the UK word for chud?

yep, pretty much a direct translation

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah the U.K. is probably headed towards a Soviet style breakup at best. Yugoslav style more likely. I mean frankly there is an argument to be made that like most of the former Yugoslav countries the countries of the island of Britain are really too small to be effective in the international sphere. But fourth years of Neoliberalism can fracture a place.

I dunno about that. Yugoslavia broke up because as soon as Milosevic went Serb chauvinist on Kosovo everybody started arming themselves. it’s just hard to imagine the Scots secretly arming themselves the same way the Croats did.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I dunno about that. Yugoslavia broke up because as soon as Milosevic went Serb chauvinist on Kosovo everybody started arming themselves. it’s just hard to imagine the Scots secretly arming themselves the same way the Croats did.

All the scots need to do is attack and seize the nukes.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

I wish. Wales is lost. The welsh are simply not racist enough and we do nothing but passive aggressively say welsh words really loud if we here an English accent. It's 2019 and the English are still wiping out cultures.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Venom Snake posted:

are you not gunna address the fact by actual vote total labor is doing literally the exact same it did under blair

1997 Labour vote share: 43.2%
2019 Labour vote share: 32%

Truga posted:

congrats on your $1000 phone

Thanks, it's a second-hand iphone 6.

Yinlock posted:

again dude you already gave it away in your first post

try again another time, you've already failed this one

Sure, write off any facts I present by attacking me.

genericnick posted:

Sure. From the best result in decades. Who was the party leader then? Maybe you should put him in charge?

Labour 1997 43.2%
Labour 2017 40.%.
And despite May being dogshit and 7 years of austerity he still lost.

THS posted:

it is good to see all the absolute worst liberal termites come out of the woodwork, thinking they have credibility now that they smell rot. try d&d instead

marktheando posted:

lol gently caress off

MikeCrotch posted:

I love to check out the rap sheets of losers who love to divebomb the UK threads after an election loss

Zedhe Khoja posted:

Go on home Tory soldier.

Zedhe Khoja posted:

If you're anti-republican and pro empire you're a loving Tory by definition.

THS posted:

lol if you think english voters had hamas in even the top 50 of things that mattered to them over brexit. shut the gently caress up liberal

THS posted:

keep trying to deflect on brexit you dumb bitch. you aren’t going to make any headway here

This is sure an open-minded and tolerant forum where a variety of viewpoints can be discussed. Do you really think that this is a cool way to respond to a post or poster which you disagree with? The insults allow you to other anyone who offers an opposing viewpoint, thus rendering anything they say automatically wrong. That conveniently means that you don't have to consider what they say, let alone their opinions, or even the facts they provide.

The numbers don't lie. Voters turned off Labour because of Corbyn. Labour did the worst it has done in decades. Its share of vote is less than it has been for years. Despite 9 awful years of austerity, terrible government, and a lying, racist, sexist sack of poo poo in Johnson, Labour under Corbyn still could not win a general election. It is clear how terrible and ill-suited to the job Johnson is, and voters still preferred him to Corbyn. Worse they lost it by a landslide. Attack me for saying that all you like, but you're just shooting the messenger so that you can ignore the reality. But among most posters here, it seems, laying any responsibility whatsoever for that at Corbyn's door is enough to merit abuse.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Brexit means brexit

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

really queer Christmas posted:

Brexit means brexit

Yep, even the Maybot, with that poo poo slogan and strong and stable government managed to beat Corbyn. Even her.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Corbyn, as always, had an overly nuanced attitude towards Asssad. Had he risked the Curse of the Lion, Labour would have 0 seats in parliament, Ireland and Scotland would break away and join the EU, and England would be an unofficial colony of the US.

I mean all that stuff is going to happen anyways, but Jezza’s conscience is clean.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

therattle posted:

The numbers don't lie. Voters turned off Labour because of Corbyn.

That's a qualitative factor, the numbers alone won't show that.

You are dumb.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

therattle posted:

This is sure an open-minded and tolerant forum where a variety of viewpoints can be discussed. Do you really think that this is a cool way to respond to a post or poster which you disagree with? The insults allow you to other anyone who offers an opposing viewpoint, thus rendering anything they say automatically wrong. That conveniently means that you don't have to consider what they say, let alone their opinions, or even the facts they provide.

:qq:

gently caress off

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

therattle posted:

This is sure an open-minded and tolerant forum where a variety of viewpoints can be discussed. Do you really think that this is a cool way to respond to a post or poster which you disagree with?

Ironclad D&D mindset right here

THS
Sep 15, 2017

therattle posted:

This is sure an open-minded and tolerant forum where a variety of viewpoints can be discussed.

lol

THS
Sep 15, 2017

get the gently caress out

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The last several pages are why corbyn should have immediately resigned, to spare his party this going on forever.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've never seen him post in the ukmt but it is basically a cspam thread in the wrong forum

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

therattle posted:

This is sure an open-minded and tolerant forum where a variety of viewpoints can be discussed.

You need a struggle session

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's like blaming Hillary's loss on white people being too racist, only this time it's true.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

THS posted:

im gay

iz true

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's like blaming Hillary's loss on white people being too racist, only this time it's true.

theres definitely a part of that as shown by the number of hate crimes currently happening but as with 2016 its a result of a supposed labour government getting in and being neolib as hell and just assuming those areas would vote labour forever. this was the election that didn't happen

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Grape posted:

That's a qualitative factor, the numbers alone won't show that.

You are dumb.

One of the surveys I quoted showed that by far the biggest factor in voters not voting Labour was the leadership. JC placed himself front and centre. So I think the numbers do show that.

I’ve just seen this too:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-result-jeremy-corbyn-brexit-labour-boris-johnson-a9246046.html

marktheando posted:

:qq:

gently caress off

Thanks for emphasising my post. I read the OP. This was a thread for discussing the election, not the JC circle-jerk it seems to have become.

What are you guys going to do if by some terrible accident you encounter someone from a different party, or even, god forbid, the right wing?

therattle has issued a correction as of 21:30 on Dec 14, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

like brexit had support from ethnic minorities who didn't like the fact that its free movement for the EU but not people from former colonies like them and boris gets in and puts a second generation indian immigrant as the person in charge of determining immigration rules and she wants to end it entirely

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

therattle posted:

One of the surveys I quoted showed that by far the biggest factor in voters not voting Labour was the leadership. JC placed himself front and centre. So I think the numbers do show that.

I’ve just seen this too:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-result-jeremy-corbyn-brexit-labour-boris-johnson-a9246046.html

brexit is a massive part of this and its stupid to assume otherwise. it was the main source of the constant backbench leaking

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

therattle posted:

The numbers don't lie. Voters turned off Labour because of Corbyn. Labour did the worst it has done in decades. Its share of vote is less than it has been for years. Despite 9 awful years of austerity, terrible government, and a lying, racist, sexist sack of poo poo in Johnson, Labour under Corbyn still could not win a general election. It is clear how terrible and ill-suited to the job Johnson is, and voters still preferred him to Corbyn. Worse they lost it by a landslide. Attack me for saying that all you like, but you're just shooting the messenger so that you can ignore the reality. But among most posters here, it seems, laying any responsibility whatsoever for that at Corbyn's door is enough to merit abuse.

Yes Corbyn is at fault for not being authentic and just saying that Labour would follow the will of the voters on the referendum. Instead of agreeing to a second referendum. People wanted closure on that cluster duck and he allowed remoaner liberals to convince him otherwise. Which made him seem weak as a leader.Btw I also have a used iPhone six. And I am not nearly as big a oval office as you are.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd have less total disdain for the labour right if they could actually loving offer anything policy wise except "we'll be like the tories just not as bad"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

corbyns options for dealing with an insanely hostile PLP was either purge a huge number of them or try and get them onboard and he picked the option that has always been his option and they spit on him and celebrated this loss

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

therattle posted:

(I do concede that the media was particularly hostile, but it was also because of things like support for the IRA, Assad and Hezbollah).

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

lmao

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

therattle posted:

I’ve just seen this too:

I'm sure Owen Smith would have gotten a great result, by giving even less of a poo poo about ex-industrial towns and having no ground game for campaigning

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Jose posted:

brexit is a massive part of this and its stupid to assume otherwise. it was the main source of the constant backbench leaking

Of course it’s a factor, and Labour sat on the fence. It was a difficult position to be in. But I also think it’s very clear that voters really didn’t like Corbyn, and he ran a bad campaign, with a dreadful result.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

i'd have less total disdain for the labour right if they could actually loving offer anything policy wise except "we'll be like the tories just not as bad"

I am surprised any of them are left as Labour no longer is really a viable vehicle for capital to soft paddle privatization so being a no is no longer a way to get on boards of directors.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lmao

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Hey. Boris was right. Always praise The Lion.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

gently caress, that was his secret.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

I am surprised any of them are left as Labour no longer is really a viable vehicle for capital to soft paddle privatization so being a no is no longer a way to get on boards of directors.

they don't have the connections required to be successful in the tory party so they cozied up to blair in various ways. david milliband worked in his office for example

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

they don't have the connections required to be successful in the tory party so they cozied up to blair in various ways. david milliband worked in his office for example

He also no longer is an mp. I mean people who are still MPs.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Crowsbeak posted:

Lib Dems are a party of terminal failure so the only way to get a liberal government is by convincing Labour leftists to just hold their nose and accept neoliberalism.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Crowsbeak posted:

He also no longer is an mp. I mean people who are still MPs.

they started a civil war when they realised their cushy consultancy careers post ministerial roles were gone with corbyn

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Lib Dems are a party of terminal failure so the only way to get a liberal government is by convincing Labour leftists to just hold their nose and accept neoliberalism.

I am doubtful at that. Labour right has been utterly weakened. Now at the same time I have doubts about Labours future as the Tories do have a way to stay in power which is defending the “integrity” of the union as Scotland and NI try to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol