Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i guess that goes a long way to explain why kv2s are often cited in stories of soviet heavies destroying german field guns by running them over. why take the risk of swiveling to fire when the gun cant pen you, just turn instead and the problem sorts itself out with no wear and tear on the turret ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
started playing tier 10 again this is how its going https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2maG4WDjd0

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

holy poo poo this tank looks good jesus christ it has alpha and applicable dpm

check around 3:10 when he pushes around the south on an E 75 TS and just ends this 1050 HP tank in 17 seconds.

e: I like how the camping totally unspotted Skorp G at the end shoots APCR at you

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Dec 14, 2019

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Hellsau posted:

holy poo poo this tank looks good jesus christ it has alpha and applicable dpm

That double shot really does bite pretty hard if both shells connect. Not only does it take a big chunk out of their HP but it has a higher chance of knocking out crew members enough to cause a crew death. It also has a great chance of setting the tank on fire as well.

Just be prepared for a really long reload when firing both guns!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Yeah, kinda waiting for when everyone realizes that two 122mm shells placed perfectly into an ammo rack weak spot is almost a 100% instagib.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, kinda waiting for when everyone realizes that two 122mm shells placed perfectly into an ammo rack weak spot is almost a 100% instagib.

I...think that's an automatic kill on any tank if they fail both saving throws? Maybe Safe Stowage + Wet Ammo Rack on the most durable racks could survive?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

lol, amirite?

NO COLLUSION!!!

So, if this is correct, you might be able to pen it right down the middle, between the guns, through the mantlet? Tanks.gg doesn't have a full armor model for it yet, but it does show a rather absurd (and variable) amount of armor at the same point, so it might actually be multiple layers of armor instead.

This was the middle game of a 3-game losing streak, and why I don't play 10s (or rather, the reason being if I'm going to end up in battles with C-Spam Mods and lose anyway, I might as well be making a little progress on tech tree tanks.) The E100 managed to do less than one shot of damage in a 15-minute draw where he survived until the last 30 seconds or so. We were north spawn, but he cowered at the north end of our side of the river, between the buildings, "guarding arty." He "looked" like he was doing "things" the whole battle, but wouldn't come help or participate where he was needed, and would run from the enemies and only advance when they had disappeared. He then had obscenely delayed reaction times and whiffed easy shots on stationary targets. Absolutely atrocious.

Captain Blaargh posted:

The box tanks do not come with crews.

Whew!

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

To really over-simplify things, he AVRE was loaded something like a giant break-action shotgun:

In order for this to happen, the turret had to be facing the same way as the hull (i.e. "forwards"), which isn't exactly an ideal method to stick to in a videogame.

The KV-2 with its 152mm nonsense generally was able (technically) to fire on relatively flat ground due to the weight of both its hull and turret keeping it grounded, but the moment it was on any noticeable incline not only was the turret liable to jam during traverse (great design, guys) but the fucker was also likely to be blown over by its own recoil if fired sideways thanks to this 13-tonne lump of a turret. Even on flat ground, firing with the turret facing sideways was bad for the turret ring, leading to similar problems. There's a reason why only 200 or so were built!

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. The Churchill's reload, should they ever desire to add that vehicle to the game, is either something they could just not model, or they could model it by automatically forcing the turret to face forwards. Kind of like how the game automatically enters/exits siege mode on the Swedish tanks and adjusts the vehicle suspensions if necessary. The KV2 thing also is something they could perhaps model if they wanted to spice things up: give the vehicle a chance to damage the turret ring upon firing to the side (just like how critical throws are made now, and also like how the removed governor imparts a chance to damage the engine) and model the firing recoil, as they already have a physics system in-game.

Hellsau posted:

I...think that's an automatic kill on any tank if they fail both saving throws? Maybe Safe Stowage + Wet Ammo Rack on the most durable racks could survive?

Similarly, a 152 shell could also detonate an ammo rack; it (and also the German 128) do 203 module damage, and tier 8 tanks seem to have as low as 200 ammo rack health (at least on things like the IS3; other non-Soviet heavies seem to have more than that!)

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Surely the t-44's ammo rack is lower than the is-3.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

To really over-simplify things, he AVRE was loaded something like a giant break-action shotgun:

In order for this to happen, the turret had to be facing the same way as the hull (i.e. "forwards"), which isn't exactly an ideal method to stick to in a videogame.

The KV-2 with its 152mm nonsense generally was able (technically) to fire on relatively flat ground due to the weight of both its hull and turret keeping it grounded, but the moment it was on any noticeable incline not only was the turret liable to jam during traverse (great design, guys) but the fucker was also likely to be blown over by its own recoil if fired sideways thanks to this 13-tonne lump of a turret. Even on flat ground, firing with the turret facing sideways was bad for the turret ring, leading to similar problems. There's a reason why only 200 or so were built!

I miss Ensign Expendable's translations of those Tanks articles. Best thing to come out of Wargaming?

Atomizer posted:

Similarly, a 152 shell could also detonate an ammo rack; it (and also the German 128) do 203 module damage, and tier 8 tanks seem to have as low as 200 ammo rack health (at least on things like the IS3; other non-Soviet heavies seem to have more than that!)

I meant I think that a double 122mm shot would kill literally any tank that hit the rack andfailed both saving throws, even at tier 10. I think a 122mm shot would be enough to yellow any rack, and the next show should reduce the module HP to zero, unless tier ten tanks get ridiculous amounts of module HP.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Surely the t-44's ammo rack is lower than the is-3.

It's listed as 180. I didn't check all the tanks, just enough to see the trend. I expected non-HT values to be even lower.

Also, the Type 59's is only 170. :eyepop:

Hellsau posted:

I meant I think that a double 122mm shot would kill literally any tank that hit the rack andfailed both saving throws, even at tier 10. I think a 122mm shot would be enough to yellow any rack, and the next show should reduce the module HP to zero, unless tier ten tanks get ridiculous amounts of module HP.

The 703-2's shells do 165 module damage, so if the crits both hit then yeah it should detonate any rack. E100/Maus/Type5 is at 280, the IS7's is...210. :stare:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

the IS7's is...210. :stare:

anyone who has driven the IS-7 and had their front penned straight through the pike and been racked, or anyone who has gotten a cool 2100 damage ammo rack on a random snap shot on an enemy IS-7, can agree with me when I say - lol

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Atomizer posted:

Also, the Type 59's is only 170. :eyepop:

That would explain why my Type 59 got ammo racked about 45 seconds into a match the other day from an IS-3 I could not even see. It was the very first shot I took and had only just spotted my first tank. The IS-3 must have been surprised to see his shot do 1300 damage.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

On top of this I have another 50 loving garage slots. Yeah I have issues, what of it?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
After not getting the double barreled tank and watching everyone play it and enjoy it, I really want that tree to come out now. It seems to work differently then I thought with the "gun lock" .

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mesadoram posted:

$40 spent, 4 skins unlocked and a sexton. Nothing else of worth :smith:

Mesadoram posted:

After not getting the double barreled tank and watching everyone play it and enjoy it, I really want that tree to come out now. It seems to work differently then I thought with the "gun lock" .

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 14, 2019

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

EU server is loving unplayable today.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Seeing a 703 II charge up both barrels and miss point blank is hilarious.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:smith:

MariusLecter posted:

Seeing a 703 II charge up both barrels and miss point blank is hilarious.

That just sounds hilariously heart breaking.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Because of the players or the server?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

another reason was that the added weight of the turret made the already unreliable kv-1 even more unreliable. I think most of em broke down before the things could even see a battle. And it wasnt really used against tanks, it was more of bunker buster weapon designed to be used against mannerheim line.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Oh man out of the 21 battles I played on the 703 II. I have won 67% of them. And it really fits perfectly with my style of game I enjoy: Being aggressive as gently caress and sticking my barrel into other people's business.

I platooned with an IS-3A and a progetto with a buddy of mine earlier this morning and it was a very scary combination in top tier matches; in low tier you can kinda play the game a bit more defensively but you might get called on a lot to make some plays. Which this tank can and can not do depending on the situation. I surprisingly ate 800 damage from a T95/FV4201 by slapping both of its rear end cheeks with this thing. That felt incredible.

Sidescraping in this tank really eats up shells even if you angle too wide in this thing. You can kinda get away with the upper glacis plate but its obvious you do not want to have its lower side exposed. Because you will. You got to be extra careful that your other gun isnt blocked by a wall or terrain.

Oh yeah. And if you want to min/max your top speed at the start of the game you can drive forward and point your turret behind you. Fire both guns to go fast for a brief moment.

I cant wait until the tech tree double barrel tanks come out. And good luck to the goons who do not have it yet. You all have my blessings. Ho ho ho

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Oh yeah. And if you want to min/max your top speed at the start of the game you can drive forward and point your turret behind you. Fire both guns to go fast for a brief moment.

Is this a joke?

Please tell me this is not a joke.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

Is this a joke?

This is not a joke. I just tested and for about 3 seconds you go 4 kmph faster.

Its a useless skill. But its there.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Mesadoram posted:

Is this a joke?

100% real. Double fire moves your tank.

The mammoth/apocalypse tanks is 110% fun, though I'm not too sure if it is OP. Might be.

KD's blessing is legit. Let him rub your barrels before rolling for goonluck

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
it has doom gun alpha and good armor. playing against it seemed to struggle with gun elevation in some spots and it has 5 degrees of depression???

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Slaapaav posted:

it has doom gun alpha and good armor. playing against it seemed to struggle with gun elevation in some spots and it has 5 degrees of depression???

Yeah the trick to fighting one is to either play him to fire both shots and missing. Or making him expose his lower plate to you (He will). But like I said before be warned as this tank can side scrape like a champ and there isnt much you can do with its crazy spaced armor.

Or you can flank them. Its turret traverse is slower than the IS-3A and Defender.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Can you abuse the backwards firing on the double barrel guns to boost yourself into otherwise inaccessible areas?

also someone must have been playing GTA3 when they added that feature.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Hellsau posted:

Can you abuse the backwards firing on the double barrel guns to boost yourself into otherwise inaccessible areas?

lol no. Its not what you think it is when it comes to speed. I might record me doing it and play a round a bit later.

quote:

also someone must have been playing GTA3 when they added that feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SNivD61zqM&t=475s
I skipped ahead in the video here.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

alright good work wargaming

shame about yet another op premium tier 8 but whatever

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

alright good work wargaming

shame about yet another op premium tier 8 but whatever

You know they don't give a poo poo about the game.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

why can't the M3 Lee fire both guns, think of what a fine tank it would be

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Fat Jesus posted:

no joke it would be tremendously improved simply due to being able to fire in more situations - having a shitter gun but more conveniently located would give it a lot of play in different parts of the map

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Double HE would do 1060 a salvo, could be funny to play like that.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Fat Jesus posted:

That feature is any day now. Any day.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is the object 140 worth it at all these days? Never got but have it unlocked

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Is the T27 worth picking up - while it's still available?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Here is circon enjoying a moment with the 703 ii :
https://clips.twitch.tv/ShyCorrectPelicanWTRuck

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Is the T27 worth picking up - while it's still available?

It's a good sneaky bastard. The intermag reload is fast like the tier 9 and 10. Also the shell velocity is nice so it's more accurate than it seems on paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I'm 100% free to play and I have level 9 decorations. Get on my level.

I quit playing once I run out of decorations missions.