Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
I made chili.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I roasted a lamb

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

iajanus posted:

I roasted a lamb

Where was my dinner invite? I would've brought the booze!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Chicken Breast Tapenade with Mushroom Sauce. Classic Jacques Pepin recipe.

Side of spinach and crushed roasted almonds.

The Tapenade:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

I roasted a lamb

Wanna eat that marrow

Mister Panos
Jan 26, 2011

iajanus posted:

I roasted a lamb

:sanix:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Leftover chili on a baked potato.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

toplitzin posted:

Leftover chili on a baked potato.

I haven't had a baked potato in years so did these for staff food:

Twice-baked potato with cheddar, chorizo, spring onion and a little side salad.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Soup!

And bread.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Double posting

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

toplitzin posted:

Double posting

jesus christ that looks tasty

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

toplitzin posted:

Double posting

:eyepop:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

toplitzin posted:

Double posting

Hachi machi!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

toplitzin posted:

Soup!

And bread.

OMG I need both of those things rn

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Wanna eat that marrow

You take the marrow and I'll hit that crust like a goddamn flesh eating lawn mower

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
More soup.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Finally did something more interesting than a piece of chicken and a side of veggies and remembered to photograph it:

Acorn squash stuffed with apples, onions, and sausage.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Been a while since I made an eggplant parm. I think it’s my wife’s favorite thing I make.

Nice corner piece for me.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

That reminds me. I love eggplant parm and have never made it. I'll have to rectify that.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Resting Lich Face posted:

That reminds me. I love eggplant parm and have never made it. I'll have to rectify that.

Takes a while, but it’s very rewarding.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Food that tastes great but photographs terribly:

Tamale pie with homemade salsa verde:

Food that both tastes great and photographs well:

Dessert experiment - Key Lime Pie Crepes

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

I got filmed for a cooking segment about hunting, wild game and cooking so I made a venison recipe with a blueberry sauce, then ate it for dinner. I hate being on the wrong side of a camera lens but I still managed to grab some of my own photos of the prep and final product.

Venison w/ Blueberry Sauce by charliebravo77, on Flickr

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Nice but I wish you had taken a shot of the blueberries so we knew how they looked (kidding).

Looks delicious of course. How was the sauce? Would you do it again for yourself?

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

VelociBacon posted:

Nice but I wish you had taken a shot of the blueberries so we knew how they looked (kidding).

:v:
Would you believe I met someone who was in their mid 30s, born and raised in the US in a middle class household and had never eaten a blueberry before?

quote:

Looks delicious of course. How was the sauce? Would you do it again for yourself?

It's a great dish, my wife even likes it and she only barely tolerates venison.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

charliebravo77 posted:

I got filmed for a cooking segment about hunting, wild game and cooking so I made a venison recipe with a blueberry sauce, then ate it for dinner. I hate being on the wrong side of a camera lens but I still managed to grab some of my own photos of the prep and final product.

Jesus, this looks delicious and the photos are absolutely wonderful.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

charliebravo77 posted:

Oh yeah nice! Need to wait for my barber to kill a deer this year.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Overall meh on the trader Joe's beef tips. Tasty otherwise.

Beef tips, roasted broccoli, habanero cheddar grits.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

I love venison, blueberry sauce is a great addition, the cook is spot on. But drat, that rosemary, pretty as it is, aromatic as it would be, is making my inedible garnish eye twitch. I probably should relax.

Winter means Chilli. This one was made with Shin of Beef. Bones, marrow and all.

Made a Shrimp dish I'm quite pleased with Red Shrimp, Crispy Cavolo Nero (Lacinato Kale), Celeriac Mash and a Pernod Sauce.

And December means it's the offsprings 5th Birthday. He wanted a Strawberry Lemon Cake. So I made a cake with Meyer Lemon Cake, Roast Strawberry Jam, Liquid Cheesecake.

Then he wanted it to be a Hulk cake. A Hulk fist cake. That was fine. Then the mind was changed and he wanted me to draw a picture of the Hulk. I can't draw for poo poo. So a compromise was reached.

Hulk Smash!

For the actual day of his birthday he asked for Mac & Cheese & Shrimp & Mashed Potato.

So I made Mac & Cheese with Comte and Gruyere, Red Shrimp, Bacon and Fennel Jam. And Rubuchon Mashed Potato which I made a Chicken Butter sauce for.

And having lots of Chicken Butter left, I made Sweet Potato Gnocchi (Served with unpictured Charred Brussels Sprouts and Crispy Chicken Thighs)

(Chicken Butter is 50 - 50 of Dark Chicken Stock to Brown Butter, blended together)

An' Christmas means Gingerbread

Cavenagh fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 21, 2019

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Decided to make some flour tortillas this morning and things escalated quickly.

Tortillas: flour, lard, butter, salt.

Prime rib: paprika, guajillo, ancho, black garlic, thyme, rosemary. Chopped up leftovers and fried in pan.

Green salsa: jalapeño, serrano, onion, garlic, lime juice, chicken stock, vegetable oil.

Red salsa: chile de arbol, tomato, guajillo, garlic, chicken stock, vegetable oil.

Toppings: cilantro, onion, lime juice.

Breakfast was delicioso.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
these all look great, but man those lamb and venison dishes are fantastic

I borscht'd - stock was homemade using smoked pork necks.

I love red, but I really need to learn to make white borscht

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Bolognese

whos that broooown fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 23, 2019

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Chicken paprikash, buttered noodles, and blistered green beans.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

So my mother-in-law isn’t known for her cooking, but she’s been getting better over the years and she can actually whip up some tasty stuff every now and then. So when she said she was making prime rib for Christmas dinner, I was hesitant but figured she could pull it off.

She asked me how to cook it and I told her to roast it and then drop the temp and pull it out of the oven when the roast hit 120 degrees.

We show up for dinner and the roast was still in the oven. I asked what temperature the roast was at. She said “well it was at 130 degrees a half hour ago.”

:suicide:

She said she was just following the temperature recommendations on the tag that came with the meat probe. So needless to say, it was cooked to poo poo and tasted like leather.

Merry Christmas :thumbsup:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
The failures thread is *that* way. ;)
I'm sorry about your beefs.

My gf missed her family Christmas being sick, so it was just a with dinner with the two of us tonight.

128.5° steak, hollandaise, creamy rice, Normandy mix.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Made prime rib, mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli, and sauteed mushrooms for
Christmas dinner with kenji's oxtail au jus

The oxtail itself was really good on crackers with a dollop of homemade garlic herb mayo and arugula

Obligatory cheese plate

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hosting this year, got to make two roast chickens (one the day before and served stripped and cold), marinated mushrooms, corns barbecued in garlic herb butter, a ham, salads and a potato bake. Came out okay, although the seasoning burnt a little on the chicken skin (crispy af though)

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
You folks make food good

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
I got an immersion blender for Christmas so I decided to make pozole

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
Yay fer the Christmas. An excuse to cook for more than normal.

Mincepies. Deep ones.

Slow low roasted Prime Rib lump.

And inside........

The essential vegetables. Top right some tiny Pearl Onions roasted in their skins alongside the Beef. Below that are Parsnips & Carrots with Blackberries and Maple. The big pot holds Lacinato Kale braised with Bacon, Hazelnuts, Shallots and Stock. Above that some dry fried Snake Beans to honour Cthulhu. Then Potatoes roasted in Goose Fat.

One of the attendees was an eight year old who happens to be extremely autistic. He's been put on a Gluten-Free Lactose Free diet to try and help him. I have no idea if it works or is scientific, I just know he gets excluded having dessert when he's around us. Last time was at my kids birthday, where he sat with a frosted rice krispie treat, rather than joining in with everyone else eating awesome cake.

So I made a Pavlova.

Topped with Coconut Milk, beaten to be as thick as Whipped Cream. Poached Pears. Starfruit with a little Orange Blossom and Pomegranate seeds. Accompanied with a sauce made from the Poaching Liquor and Dates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Good job on the pavlova, really great recipe. (Everything else looks tasty too)