Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

ENDURA ON THE 'DINES!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
The only way forward is for the people to seize the canneries, seize the means of small fish production.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

come to beach cliff sardines in the next 30min if you want an rear end kicking

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/jpTwHAt0Zxw

fish(s)

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/1xcqXBGv5DM

pig(s)

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

OMGVBFLOL posted:

come to beach cliff sardines in the next 30min if you want an rear end kicking

because i like beachcliff, theyre inexpensive and tasty and i dont mind big fishies. i will fight

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
30-50 feral 'dines

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Mr. Dick posted:

30-50 feral 'dines

Is that a combination slingshot/fishing reel?

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
It is a "slingbow" rig

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I knew about bowfishing, and I knew about slingbows, but I've never seen both at once. Neat.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/hZRhlaw.mp4

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

What is breaking with my phone where some gifs don’t autoplay?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

crazypeltast52 posted:

What is breaking with my phone where some gifs don’t autoplay?

last "gif" is a 1 meg mp4 video file - not a gif. i dunno, ask your app's dev

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

King of the dines at the guillodine.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I don't know what you motherfuckers are doing at this hour on Christmas morning but I'm drinking beer smokin' weed and eating sardines before my 7 goddamn kids want their loot

I will be hiding most of the day probably eating more sardines because my house is overrun with more idiots than usual and they are going to eat all my food but I have cans of fish hidden in my barn so gently caress them

Merry Fishmas!!!

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I dreamed last night about eating sardines...

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Dear dine thread, my wife just told me about böckling a while ago.

Böckling is Swedish smoked herring paste, basically kippers that come in a funny tube, its super salty and smoky and it goes well with everything. I'm... in love.

barbecue at the folks fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 26, 2019

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
How do you eat it? Do you cook with it like anchovy paste?

My father's side of the family is Swedish and for our Christmas dinners, many years ago we used to do a traditional smorgasbord sort of thing.

One of the dishes was called Sologa or 'Sun's Eye'. It is a mixture of anchovies, onions, parsley, beets, and an egg yolk. You mix it all into a paste and eat it on Wasa crackers. Or that is how we would eat it.

Someone make this dish and carry on my family's traditions.

Here is a photo of sologa:

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

MetaJew posted:

How do you eat it? Do you cook with it like anchovy paste?

You just spread it on dark bread and stuff it in your mouth, I guess it's a traditional smörgåsbord thing. I wouldn't try cooking with it, I think it's meant to be eaten as is.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Add it to the list of things I want to try, but don't know where to buy.

I assume you refrigerate it, right? Or is it weird and shelf stable?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'd rather have kalles kaviar
Same concept (smorgasbord fish in tube), but it's caviar...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ikeas sell it

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I had lutefisk for the first time this year. Not as bad as people say, but still more of a butter delivery system than something I would have on its own.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

My people know what to get me for Christmas:

Never had Porthos but I am hopeful.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

CaptainSarcastic posted:

My people know what to get me for Christmas:

Never had Porthos but I am hopeful.

dine report!

dine report!

dine report!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

cant wait to get home and make some mackerel salad sandwiches

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Asked for KOs and got a tin of Matiz in olive oil :woop: and three Crown Prince in water :negative:

naem
May 29, 2011

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hell yeah, especially if those are black pepper triscuits

Should be a lovely domestic canned beer instead of an ipa but otherwise solid dine-ing

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

that is a domestic beer

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

that is a domestic beer

it's also lovely (because it's an IPA) so it fits

naem
May 29, 2011

Keith Atherton posted:

Should be a lovely domestic canned beer instead of an ipa but otherwise solid dine-ing

https://i.imgur.com/9IzeDmb.gifv

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Keith Atherton posted:

I bought a box of black pepper triscuits and they were unbearably salty, is it my taste buds or what?

Just bought 18 cans of Crown Prince smoked oysters for $42, they're good but honestly no better than other Korea-packed oysters. I thought the CP, packed in olive oil, would taste better than the ones in cottonseed oil but no. I like the brands that have the little tiny ones the best.

I wanted to order smoked oysters from St. Jean's in Nanaimo B.C. for Christmas but with shipping it was too rich for my blood. Looks like people like them a lot though.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

its not you, the flavored triscuits are like a salt lick

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Myron Baloney posted:

I wanted to order smoked oysters from St. Jean's in Nanaimo B.C. for Christmas but with shipping it was too rich for my blood. Looks like people like them a lot though.

I made Nanaimo Bars for Christmas and they were very rich and delicious and pretty easy :D First timers are usually pretty impressed, especially here in the deep south where they are basically unknown.

I also got 12 cans of Bela sardines from my wife! I ate the first can with saltines and feta cheese and olives and it was delish

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Title was 4-bit SSD (Sardine State Drive)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

On the road far from home but a can of KO meds over some uncle bens pouch rice made life bearable.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Myron Baloney posted:

I looked this up and I'm gonna have to get me some of those. The mussels too. But looks like they're all sold out. How much of a hit was shipping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Hello dines thread. I was just organizing the pantry and it turns out I have 10 cases of KOs and 4 cases of Polar kippers. I had them on Amazon's subscription with some other stuff to get the 15% off and I guess I wasn't eating them as fast as I thought.

My daughter eats the kippers and tiny tots though so I'll have an assistant.

Most importantly, I picked up an offset smoker on black friday for 50% off and it's already paid for itself in smoked meats. Smoked salmon is particularly easy and turned out amazing so I highly recommend giving it a try if you're remotely interested. I started with a 3lb salmon side but this week I'm going to fill the thing up and smoke like 5+ pounds this week of salmon and trout.
:getin:

Jymmybob fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 4, 2020