Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Shocking that the community that drove off the Parvati artist would do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ugh, one underwhelming episode and here come death threats. FGO fans are kinda special.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Fans of are simultaneously the best and utter loving worst part of any given fandom.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hypocrisy posted:

Shocking that the community that drove off the Parvati artist would do this.
The parvati artist got an insane amount of poo poo but he's doing fine and still works on the game.

Also, https://twitter.com/u_kodachi/status/1205928315950788608 the post mentions that it's his last episode, but not that it's the last episode because of any sort of backlash. There's a lot of lovely comments in response but there's no indication he's leaving the project because of backlash, especially since the big backlash seems to have been after an episode that aired two days ago, while anime episodes need to be written weeks or even months in advance. And he's still writing the Camelot movie, he even mentions it in the post. If he was quitting because of backlash you think he'd quit the movies too.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 15, 2019

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Didn't he do series composition on Lord El Melloi TV? That was pretty enjoyable, so it's not like he's devoid of any kind of mojo.

I honestly don't expect much from the Babylonia anime other than to serve up the occasional bit of delightful animation, and it's succeeded at that so far, so while it'll probably remain a third string Fate animated product, it's serving the purpose I had in mind for it quite admirably

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, like my expectations for an FGO anime is that it can be nice and solid and it has the nice luxury of not being an ad vehicle for itself since it doesn't need it. So sure, we don't get some stuff like goofy poo poo, but we can loving live

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

He also wrote a fair amount of apocrypha. It's clear Nasu or at least someone at TM likes him since he's been tapped to write fate anime across studios, so he'll probably be fine. And theres comments thanking him, too, and babylonia seems to be doing pretty well.

Not that the people.in those replies who are being dicks arent awful, but its not worth giving them more power than they actually have.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The reaction is dumb but it was also still a real dumb decision to handle a scene that it's pretty safe to say folks were really looking forward to seeing in the way that they did.

Reminds me of my complete disappointment in how the SRW anime handled the Earth Cradle

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Oh yeah for the record the quetz scene was executed very poorly but that could be for a number of reasons besides the writer. Director or storyboarder, or maybe cuts weren't done in time to do it properly.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i hit 140 and didn't bother to fill the new friend slot yet

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
The people harassing the script writer are being idiots.

That said, overall the Babylonia anime has been a disappointment for me at least, I was expecting a carefully done adaptation and this feels carelessly done outside of the nice animation. So I can see why people are disappointed, though I disagree with the more vocal portion of the audience's choice of response to that disappointment.

At least this tempers my expectations for future animation projects.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

The people harassing the script writer are being idiots.

That said, overall the Babylonia anime has been a disappointment for me at least, I was expecting a carefully done adaptation and this feels carelessly done outside of the nice animation. So I can see why people are disappointed, though I disagree with the more vocal portion of the audience's choice of response to that disappointment.

At least this tempers my expectations for future animation projects.

Yeah, I had this moment a few episodes ago. The anime is just fanservice for FGO fans. The story had potential to be a lot more, but they obviously had no interest in trying for more, so gently caress it, I am FGO fan, I am being serviced and its kinda nice once you lower your expectations accordingly. :shrug:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 15, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If nothing else the taiga animation update will be lit

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

everything other than the big moment was very fun so I can forgive the episode

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So is the Hydra Dagger rate limited in some way? I've burned hundreds of thousands of FP trying to get some but nothing.

Also, does Angra count as a 1, 2, or 3 star for the purposes of auto-burn?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Servants aren't an option for auto-burning, just CEs, Fous, and XP.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tbh i don't pay attention to the fp ces much so i'm not sure if/how often i've seen that one

servants don't count for auto-burn at all though, only exp/fous/CEs. angra is considered a 2*.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

4* for bond reward purposes otherwise

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

dogsicle posted:

angra is considered a 2*.

More specifically, he has the level caps/grail requirements/team cost of a 2-star, but he has the bond point rewards of a 4-star! :eng101:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Also, he's like a 4* Servant in that if you skip through the summoning animation on a 10-pull, the game will still stop and show him being summoned just to make sure you notice, due to his rarity.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Alright, thanks.

And not getting the Hydra Dagger is just bad luck with the draw?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Arbite posted:

Alright, thanks.

And not getting the Hydra Dagger is just bad luck with the draw?

Yep.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i have almost 1m fp to spend on getting 3* CEs for xmas and will report back with my hydra daggers (or lack thereof)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Good luck to all of you tomorrow.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Gologle posted:

Good luck to all of you tomorrow.

My quartz and tickets are primed, my heart is glass and my wallet is ready*. Ave Caesar, gachaturi te salutant.

*under lock and key. Gacha is bad civilization.
My autocorrect has picked up Altera's catchphrase so it's been upgraded to neutral civilization though.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Budgeted a good twenty tickets for this and am looking forward to updating the "number of rolls without a gold servant" total back up to 50 in a few hours for a great end to 2019

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
As much as the people resorting to death threats are being really lovely human beings, I'm not surprised by the strong reaction. I'd imagine wrestling fans would have the same reaction if a main event fight ended with the stadium lights being killed and when they come back on, the ref is announcing a winner and the bell is being rung. Like a literal riot might break out if that's how a Wrestlemania was ended. And Japanese style wrestling has a lot of no-selling of finishers so they love seeing finishers.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Man, I'd be unsurprised if that exact thing has happened at some wrestling event. :v:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Trihugger posted:

As much as the people resorting to death threats are being really lovely human beings, I'm not surprised by the strong reaction. I'd imagine wrestling fans would have the same reaction if a main event fight ended with the stadium lights being killed and when they come back on, the ref is announcing a winner and the bell is being rung. Like a literal riot might break out if that's how a Wrestlemania was ended. And Japanese style wrestling has a lot of no-selling of finishers so they love seeing finishers.

I don't think you realize how numb and depressed American wrestling fans are in general. Especially in regards to WrestleMania.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Are any of the Side Stories in Extella 1 worth doing?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I don't think you realize how numb and depressed American wrestling fans are in general. Especially in regards to WrestleMania.

"They cut away DURING big spot! Preposterous! Minus 5 stars!!!"

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Trihugger posted:

Quetz vs Gudao is the equivalent of a Survivor Series main event at the very most let's be honest here.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
gg Quetz for putting over new talent.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

...I'll take it.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Oh, I've been meaning to put my friend code out for a while now:

072 956 452

I have a Level 100-10/10/10 Jaguar, a level 100-10/10/10 Bunyan, a 10/10/10 Waver and a Sanzang with her NP-charge skill max'd, which I hear are all good for farming this event. They don't have event CEs on them yet, but they will soon. I only have six spots because, goddamn, a lot of my friends list players are active.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Wow, all it took was three tickets. She must really like me or something. :smuggo:

Seriously though, I'm surprised she popped up so quickly, I only had 30 tickets and 240 quartz saved up and was worried it wasn't gonna be enough. Hope everyone here is able to roll for her, too.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Eresh came to me in a few tickets, like Ishtar did last year so I guess I am favoured by the Rin-faces.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I spent 100 qurtz and got a single 4 star ce

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Got some CEs, which is the real victory for me. Won't be able to do much for the event until this Wednesday but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:toot: