Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Alvarez used to be using a mic meant for AM radio that he had bought after hearing that Art Bell used it. Then he got one meant ofr actual radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I love how terrible at his job Bryan is

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he's mentioned doing voice training poo poo to not sound so nasally

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I love how terrible at his job Bryan is

I almost felt a bit sorry for him when on this week's show he said something like "20 years I've been doing this and it's still poo poo half the time".

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

mkay0 posted:

Dave’s insistence that he’s natty is why I’ll always look at him with a critical eye

https://twitter.com/observerquotes/status/1206140893444468737

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
please allow daddy dave to juice in peace

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
On the juice, big time.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Hey laaaaa, hey laaaaaa...

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave Meltzer divorced his family

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

Dave Meltzer divorced his family

Ahhhh god!

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Pinche Rudo posted:

Dave is 100% on TRT.

Terrible Raw Television, yeah.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dave not on the gas is one thing I 100% believe.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just dropped the RudoCast WrestleKingdom 14 preview. Also, we ask the very important question: What's Canada's equivalent to Florida?

https://rudospodcast.co/episode-22-wrestlekingdom-14-preview/

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pinche Rudo posted:

What's Canada's equivalent to Florida?

where ever trailer park boys is supposed to take place

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

where ever trailer park boys is supposed to take place
sweet, scenic Nova Scotia, baby. Dartmouth specifically iirc

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

atlantic canada is East Florida, where the people are much less likely to shoot you

alberta and most of the prairies are West Florida, where people are much more likely to shoot you

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

New OSW is out, Royal Rumble 94

https://vimeo.com/378935784

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Hey Pinche Rudo can you post the pic of us with the Nakamura cosplay so I can show it next to my actual Shinsuke pic?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
NWA Spoilers:

https://twitter.com/tony_swish/status/1206365312922345474

:psyduck:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

dsriggs posted:

NWA Spoilers:

https://twitter.com/tony_swish/status/1206365312922345474

:psyduck:

:aronrex:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
NWA TEXARKANA TV TITLE

OH HELL YEAH

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Given how much Dave's physique fluctuates, especially after injury I really doubt he's using anything.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

granted this is pro wrestling, but Dave's also very vocal in his hatred of steroids FWIW

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

hunnert car pileup posted:

granted this is pro wrestling, but Dave's also very vocal in his hatred of steroids FWIW
This is kinda' meaningless.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There is some vintage bad match raging in the new B&V. Also Rob getting in a solid joke.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vinny's despair/rage when Bryan starts reading tweets from people defending the show is :discourse:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Vinny's despair/rage when Bryan starts reading tweets from people defending the show is :discourse:

I QUIT!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Jerusalem posted:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
you don’t want to piss off a shoot battle Royale winner

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan: What a show.
Dave: It sucked. It really sucked. It was bad. It was really bad. I was bad in so many different ways. There would be average matches with really bad finishes, then worse matches with ... just uhh... I don't know. I was just... uhh... well the last match they tried. There was an idea to have a good match. But it completely fell apart.

Getting the mild suspicion Dave wasn't a fan.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Bryan: Everyday is Russo day.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sounds like Dave stayed true to his gimmick and completely loving ignored Charlotte's poo poo.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Charlotte moves and talks like tween that's been dumped into an adult's body. I'm not sure why but it bothers me.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
dave getting buff as gently caress so wrestlers wouldn't immediately refuse to talk to him is genuinely probably a massive factor in his success. imagine someone that looks like brad shepard walking up to Bruiser Brody with a notepad in the 80s and asking about the business

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
aaaaaaaaaaand Bryan is immediately sticking up for Charlotte on WOL. gently caress me, when did these two become such shithead hypocrites?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1983 and 1990

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRafTer posted:

Given how much Dave's physique fluctuates, especially after injury I really doubt he's using anything.

I'm pretty sure Dave was on my flight to Japan last year but one of the reasons I was hesitant to say hi is that I wasn't 100% sure it was him because he was a lot smaller than in pictures I saw here, but then I later saw a picture where he was pretty much wearing the same outfit and was smaller.

The other reason is he was waiting by the bathroom and I don't want all of my wrestling stories to be meeting wrestling personalities outside of restrooms.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

MJeff posted:

aaaaaaaaaaand Bryan is immediately sticking up for Charlotte on WOL. gently caress me, when did these two become such shithead hypocrites?

Ric is one of their sources and has been for a long time.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What did Charlotte do now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What did Charlotte do now?

Concussed Kairi Sane on purpose then slapped her in the head then powerbombed her as she tried desperately to get away. Really.