Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

freemandela posted:

Found the front page article: https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/football-seattle-seatoxx/1/

may contain peanuts was a machine

Thank you for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The Rocko movie is genuinely good.

Agreed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The Rocko movie is genuinely good.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Are there any Rocko movies where he doesn't spit right in some actress's bumhole? Dude's got expert aim I tell you what.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jerry Cotton posted:

Are there any Rocko movies where he doesn't spit right in some actress's bumhole? Dude's got expert aim I tell you what.

I don't think this happens in Rocko 4, but I haven't seen it in ages.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Achmed Jones posted:

Maybe I should've, but I didn't 🤷‍♀️. I think it advertised a Rocko's Modern Life movie at one point, but invader zim never came up.

Rocko came out first and Zim came out the week after

both were actually really good

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Invader Zim is a good show with the sort of fanbase that thinks you need a very high IQ nonconformity to understand it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Both the specials were pretty weak.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Rocko was great as an 11 year old kid with the closeups of like butts and stuff and the dude who picked his nose and brought out the boogers

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Pick posted:

Both the specials were pretty weak.

I never watched Rocko and while pretty lame, the Zim special wasn't actively bad, which is a win for that kind of reboot nowadays.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

oldpainless posted:

Rocko was great as an 11 year old kid with the closeups of like butts and stuff and the dude who picked his nose and brought out the boogers

You missed a joke or two at 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYoj8_LBavQ

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also you missed how Rocko loved making GBS threads on capitalism at any given opportunity.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Too lazy to track down a clip but there's an episode where Bev tried to seduce Rocko with a Spanish fly slipped into a drink

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i liked the rocko movie for various reasons

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Len posted:

Too lazy to track down a clip but there's an episode where Bev tried to seduce Rocko with a Spanish fly slipped into a drink

There was also a “pay by the hour motel” joke that only aired once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWplbcjU4q4

e: oh god it’s even dirtier than I remembered :laffo:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Wayne Gretzky's balls were the greatest short-term gimmick in forums history

I miss GameQuoter(?), that dude was on point

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Dewgy posted:

This is probably the most common description of Rocko I've ever seen

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Dewgy posted:

There was also a “pay by the hour motel” joke that only aired once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWplbcjU4q4

I know there's a lot of clickbait about how old cartoons were racy, but lmao this is really racy. Finally, the real deal.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
There is also the fact that for the first two seasons, the name of the fast food place where Rocko and Heifer always went to was called Chokey Chicken. I still can't believe all the poo poo they snuck through.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Oldpainless was 11 during the airing of Rocko's Modern Life, but also the summer of 1979 was the best summer of their life...

What if oldpainless isn't being entirely truthful??

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"I say we eat the beaver!"

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Happened to this guy too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Zedn%C3%ADk

The Malarchuk film is actually way worse even though Zednik's accident was filmed so much better, the amount of spurting blood is horrifying and I'm only okay watching either because both of them lived.

Clint Malarchuk also shot himself under the chin in 2008 and loving survived that, so someone is looking out for that guy somewhere. He's doing good these days, doing events about mental health with his wife.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Oldpainless was 11 during the airing of Rocko's Modern Life, but also the summer of 1979 was the best summer of their life...

That or a time traveler.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

More like oldfactsless

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Nah' he's just been stuck at 11 years old since the dawn of creation, cursed to walk the earth and have people do that stupid fuckin wordplay thing until the sun burns away the earth

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Nah' he's just been stuck at 11 years old since the dawn of creation, cursed to walk the earth and have people do that stupid fuckin wordplay thing until the sun burns away the earth

Ugh. Getting stuck right at the beginning of puberty. More like oldhairlessdownthereless.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Spanish Manlove posted:

The Nine Billion Joke Names of Oldpainless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

The Nine Billion Joke Names of Oldpainnameless

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I say make "more like old ..." jokes bannable unless they are really funny. You take that shot you better not miss.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
More like Fun Slayer

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
more like poop

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
More like Prick :imunfunny:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Pick posted:

more like poop

yes and it's an upsetting trend

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

More like Prick :imunfunny:
What a curious post-signing technique.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Fun fact Moon Slayer actually has a typo in there username. Originally it was meant to be "moons layer" because they wanted to brag about all the orbital celestial bodies they had sex with.

Lets just say they're still a "lunar virgin"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

What a curious post-signing technique.

Same post but pretend I quoted your username...

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Inceltown posted:

Fun fact Moon Slayer actually has a typo in there username. Originally it was meant to be "moons layer" because they wanted to brag about all the orbital celestial bodies they had sex with.

Lets just say they're still a "lunar virgin"

I told you that in confidence.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

A celestial incel

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Saddest Rhino posted:

A celestial incel

Incelestial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Elephant Ambush posted:

There is also the fact that for the first two seasons, the name of the fast food place where Rocko and Heifer always went to was called Chokey Chicken. I still can't believe all the poo poo they snuck through.

it makes more sense if you realize that the Wacky Delly episode was true to life and that Joe Murray was trying desperately to have the show cancelled

his wife killed herself during the preproduction of Rocko and he basically tried to get it cancelled so he could get the time he needed to grieve and get his poo poo together.

all of the poo poo he pulled really made the show really popular, and they kept renewing it and he pushed away and gave up show running in season 3 to his assistant stephen hillebrand (who later created apongebob)

following season 3, they hit the number needed for syndication, and when Murray came back again demanding to be let go, the execs obliged and ended the series