Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

My problem is I can't part with older versions of a bot just because a newer, better one is out. Like Siege Soundwave is excellent but I can't get rid of TR Soundwave, he's chunky and awesome in his own way.

Oddly enough I have the same problem except the only duplicate bot I did get rid of for this reason was in fact TR Soundwave. But it was mainly because my nephew loves Soundwave and he was going to have more fun with a big chunky Leader Soundwave than I would with him on the shelf. I'm not ready to jettison the CHUGs in favor of WFC yet...but the day may come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's rough! As I sift through things I think I might be pretty close to parting with my Animated and Prime stuff. I already tossed a bunch of Beast stuff aside. It's looking more likely that I'll focus on MP style and just keep the greatest hits in CHUG.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

That's pretty much where I'm landing, I think. MP focus, CHUG favorites, and a vintage section for G1/BW. Most of my TFA is gone but I'm having more trouble letting the TFP stuff go for some reason. I didn't even like that show that much but I really did like the toys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I blame you for this anyways, you pushed me into the Fans Toys fandom and now look where I am.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

I really could not have guessed what kind of mania I was unleashing when I bought that Scoria all those years ago.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I think the CHUGs and the WFC figures are stylistically different enough to be separate collections anyway. The real problem is figuring out what to do with old versions of MP/3rd party figures. They're usually still good enough figures that I don't want to sell them, I basically need to set up a shelf of MP rejects. Oh MP-01, what am I going to do with you?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Knormal posted:

I think the CHUGs and the WFC figures are stylistically different enough to be separate collections anyway. The real problem is figuring out what to do with old versions of MP/3rd party figures. They're usually still good enough figures that I don't want to sell them, I basically need to set up a shelf of MP rejects. Oh MP-01, what am I going to do with you?

He's a Center Piece of the Lost Masterpieces

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

I have three different "MP" Springers. One is trash but I love Springer so he gets to stay.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
The TFP toys all mostly had really need transformations and a nice aesthetic. I loved the Voyager Optimus I had for a while.

The only one still on my shelf is 1E Bulkhead and that’s because he can fit in with the Wreckers.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Keldroc posted:

It's surprising how effective this strategy is.

I'm also dealing with my 2000s habit of buying two of everything. Found a box that's just MISB 2006-2007 Classics that I forgot I had so I guess I have to sell those now. It never ends.
You know where to list them if you want to get rid.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012

That was pretty well done!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Popped into a Ross to see if they had any $50 Trypticons and uhhhhh

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The_Doctor posted:

Popped into a Ross to see if they had any $50 Trypticons and uhhhhh

First time I’ve seen that, hah.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
A friendly heads up to what seems like, for the most part, an astonishingly chill thread: while we have no way of knowing who buys red texts, if they're vile enough or, say, are filled with homophobic slurs, mods can just go ahead and get rid of them. So either find a nicer way to have a tantrum at people for buying too many robots or the wrong robots or whatever the gently caress is going on, or get used to having your ten dollars go down the drain.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Archyduchess posted:

A friendly heads up to what seems like, for the most part, an astonishingly chill thread: while we have no way of knowing who buys red texts, if they're vile enough or, say, are filled with homophobic slurs, mods can just go ahead and get rid of them. So either find a nicer way to have a tantrum at people for buying too many robots or the wrong robots or whatever the gently caress is going on, or get used to having your ten dollars go down the drain.

thank u sweet moderator, i guess we should have though to contact the mods about it.

it is loving weird for someone to get so mad in this thread.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

getting mad is fine.

getting rabidly homophobically mad is weird.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I prefer to mess with Rhyno in more subtle ways.

If Guy Gardner was a Transformer, which one would he be?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i'm kind of glad i didnt get in on that unicron after seeing the back of it. he's the destroyer of worlds, and a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
If you’re going to be a weirdly mad sexually repressed person, you may as well like Transformers in the meantime, I guess?

Edit:

Gardner seems to clearly be Cliffjumper.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I would not associate Casey Kasem with Guy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kup is the guy who jumps into a fight without any regard for his own safety thinking he's invincible.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Guy Gardner is clearly Sideswipe. Maybe Sunstreaker.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Guy is definitely Brawn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ruddiger posted:

Guy is definitely Brawn.

Is Brawn enough of a dick?

Edit: if somebody is talented and wants to donate their time to making a new GL/TF hybrid avatar for me i'd be down.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

Edit: if somebody is talented and wants to donate their time to making a new GL/TF hybrid avatar for me i'd be down.
I already recommended a specific Guy avatar you'll probably like to the mod who mentioned they'd be replacing any lovely redtexts :v:

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Shouldn't it just be this?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheDK posted:

Shouldn't it just be this?

Nah, only movie OP is a big enough rear end in a top hat to be on Guy's level. Maybe Red Lantern Bayverse Prime would work.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Synthbuttrange posted:

getting mad is fine.

getting rabidly homophobically mad is weird.

Yeah. This isn't a pipeline for free redtext reversions for all, but rather just a warning that if a redtext includes language and stuff that is bannable elsewhere on the forums we won't put up with it in an av. If anyone wants to buy Rhyno an avatar that says he's a dumb idiot who Guy Gardner would hate or something stupid like that I can't stop them but the hyperbolic homophobia is self-defeating.

Rhyno posted:

Nah, only movie OP is a big enough rear end in a top hat to be on Guy's level. Maybe Red Lantern Bayverse Prime would work.
Edit: I put a placeholder request through but I just saw Invictus' PM so if you can't find your old av let me know, I think you'll like what they chose.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 15, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I didn't save the Motormaster I cropped so go ahead and put something silly in there.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Open Marriage Night posted:

Wouldn't he just be Roadbuster? Or Impactor?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

through my internet sleuthing skills I have obtained the credit card records connected to the purchase of rhyno's homophobic redtexts

it looks like the name here is a Mr... uh... T. Tomy??

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Burkion posted:

Wouldn't he just be Roadbuster? Or Impactor?

On right track, might be whirl, and then his eye could be the ring

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
My desk Christmas display.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Speaking of brawn

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Sexual Shiite posted:

My desk Christmas display.

missed opportunity to put a santa hat on the nosecone of the untransformed valk

ruddiger posted:

Speaking of brawn

holy poo poo lol

that's one way to get people to buy multiples of the same mold

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They should’ve tweaked the vehicle mode to make it look more like the Turtle Wagon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I need those tiny Santa hats.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I need those tiny Santa hats.

A couple of my coworkers made them out of felt for me.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the christmas display rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Open Marriage Night posted:

Amateur, you need to do it like this:

No one would make fun of Rhyno if he started a review channel. Call him self Detolftamus Prime.

Edit: LOL

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1056830155333742592

Anora fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 15, 2019