Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

DeadButDelicious posted:

If anything the imminent deconstruction of the United Kingdom is going to be fascinating to observe, so there's at least that.

yeah poo poo like this is always highly entertaining for those not directly involved in events. which is why i can't wait for the implosion of the us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

redleader posted:

dropping the masquerade so quickly, huh? impressive

lol johnson's got a massive majority. in british politics this really does translate to dictatorial powers.

traditionally it's been kept in check by soft issues like convention and the government of the day wanting to achieve some project, but johnson believes only in his own narrow interest. he's going to do irrevocable damage to british institutions and then lock it in place by signing the world's shittiest trade deals

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

DeadButDelicious posted:

If anything the imminent deconstruction of the United Kingdom is going to be fascinating to observe, so there's at least that.

Nah the immense suffering of comrades is always terrible.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm still a little perplexed at how little the cameron branch of the conservatives fought back against the hard-right takeover compared to the labour right's vociferous resistance to corbyn. i suspect that this is because the tory core policy - increase the value of property - is less controversial than labour's more nebulous "make society more just", but it's still loving crazy

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Dominic Raab has admitted that the US will be free to charge higher prices for drugs bought by the NHS after Brexit, but insisted the prospect is “hugely unlikely”.

Asked if Washington would be free to “jack up prices”, the foreign secretary replied: “The Americans will take their decisions.”

He then said: “I think it’s hugely unlikely, why would they do that?” Sky News interviewer Adam Boulton responded: “To get more money, that’s why.”

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

i'm still a little perplexed at how little the cameron branch of the conservatives fought back against the hard-right takeover compared to the labour right's vociferous resistance to corbyn. i suspect that this is because the tory core policy - increase the value of property - is less controversial than labour's more nebulous "make society more just", but it's still loving crazy

Liberals will always embrace fascists.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Man Rakosi is going full Pissflaps in UKMT huh

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

iirc he's a confessed tory-voter in 2010 because broon spend all the poonds, so he's a class-A idiot

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

DeadButDelicious posted:

The Marquis de Sade posted:

Although the prodigious spectacle of folly we are facing here may be horrible, it is always interesting.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Sedisp posted:

I dunno why large swathes of cspam have trouble with this concept

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

https://twitter.com/Papapishu/status/746803108949409793

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I hope this sinks in painfully for the labour--》 tory voters

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I think it's pretty fuckin' obvious people here are laughing at the tory/libdem/brexit voters who have royally hosed themselves beyond belief, and not Labour voters

but hey, whatever makes you feel morally superior as a poster

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Lawman 0 posted:

I hope this sinks in painfully for the labour--》 tory voters

They won't vote next time

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jose posted:

At least some good news

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Jose posted:

There won't be a next time :smugdon:

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Sedisp posted:

Absolutely 100% agree with you, but I need some coping mechanism to keep at bay the abject horror and suffering that is going to sunder the UK, otherwise I'll be tying up 111 opt 2 on a frequent basis. :)

The Marquis de Sade posted:

Although the prodigious spectacle of folly we are facing here may be horrible, it is always interesting.

:eyepop:

DeadButDelicious has issued a correction as of 14:18 on Dec 16, 2019

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Eleri_Morgan/status/1206286035610742784

I'm the bit of France nipped off

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

smdh, 5/10, no galicia

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Brittany deserves to be free

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BMX Ninja posted:

Peppa Pig-branded infant Prozac

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Brittany deserves to be free

i have always assumed brittany was full of jousting knights and princesses with those big pointy hats and maybe also dragons

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Drunkboxer posted:

i have always assumed brittany was full of jousting knights and princesses with those big pointy hats and maybe also dragons

Its full of drunks instead

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Britxit means Britxit

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dismantling the civil service in favor of for-profit hack loyalists is the most powerfully tory idea ever

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Its full of drunks instead

knights, princesses, and dragons were all drunks tho???

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

Dominic Raab has admitted that the US will be free to charge higher prices for drugs bought by the NHS after Brexit, but insisted the prospect is “hugely unlikely”.

Asked if Washington would be free to “jack up prices”, the foreign secretary replied: “The Americans will take their decisions.”

He then said: “I think it’s hugely unlikely, why would they do that?” Sky News interviewer Adam Boulton responded: “To get more money, that’s why.”

oh man the entire nhs budget is gonna be spent on insulin

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

when do the tories replace fixed term parliaments w indefinite term parliaments, where theres no elections ever unless boris calls them

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bojo is gonna bring back recruiter elections

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

You've turned your country into the state of Michigan. Good job

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Squizzle posted:

when do the tories replace fixed term parliaments w indefinite term parliaments, where theres no elections ever unless boris calls them

They're going to do republican style voter suppression

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yeah the way forward for the tories is simple, really: allocate more funds to the NHS etc, but restructure all major national institutions into funnels of wealth from the public to various provider companies, locked down by trade agreements. this does several things: it means that they can truthfully claim to have increased funding while also making the service worse, undermining a key labour attack line, it'll keep their ghoul friends happy, and it'll erode public faith in politics even further. in addition, they'll make it as inconvenient as possible to actually vote through various US-inspired measures. they'll keep underfunding local authorities, especially relatively poor ones. they will shout loudly about how awful foreigners are while making social dumping behaviour as easy as possible

the next five years are going to be a loving nightmare

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Drunkboxer posted:

Brittany is the countryside as the countryside sees itself, not as it really is.

Dravs posted:

Just want to point out that I previously noted Rebecca Long-Bailey would be the main leadership contender. She is already an excellent public speaker and Corbyn has pretty much been grooming her for the role. She is also young enough that the Tory papers can't bring up pictures of her chatting with anyone on their 'unsavory' list.
Uhm, there are plenty of pictures of her hanging out with notorious Hezbollah and IRA member Jeremy Corbyn.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

V. Illych L. posted:

Conservatives want to make money/be rich. That's how you get LGBT conservatives alongside straight marriage ones, they hate each other but money is God and they will unhappily tolerate each other, whereas Labour sheds followers at every hurdle (nationalisation, pro LGBT, pro travellers, pro immigration)

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Also, I think any woman leader of the opposition is going to get absolutely battered by the conservatives (misogyny yay) and will not help in winning back any of the labour heartlands (same reason). I salute anyone who wants to put themselves in that position on purpose.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sloth Life posted:

pro LGBT, pro travellers, pro immigration

haha what

how is that shedding followers

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's not normal

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Isizzlehorn posted:

External experts replacing the NHS civil employees? Big pharma and US health insurance lobbyists.

Labour will be to blame, and somehow be antisemitic.

hakimashou posted:

Its ok, corbyn won the argument, like he said.

already happening in this very thread lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You gotta be normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

but yeah boris is a cummings(and by extension murdoch) puppet so time to give the economy the jump-start it needs aka siphon all the money to american drug companies

e: also probably why bbc is getting hosed, lol you've served your pupose time for fox news uk

Yinlock has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Dec 16, 2019