Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
2205 is the only game in the series I've ever gotten into, mainly because of the UI. That window to view the rate of consumption/production of all your resources at a glance is priceless.

I just wish there was more to do in the arctic and the moon. The temperate zone's where you spend most of your time and make all your money, but it's so boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Best part about 2205 was figuring out that most intermediate products were cheap as gently caress from the world market so instead of making a production line for beef I just buy that poo poo for 20 bucks a ton, same with microchips

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Agean90 posted:

Best part about 2205 was figuring out that most intermediate products were cheap as gently caress from the world market so instead of making a production line for beef I just buy that poo poo for 20 bucks a ton, same with microchips

The buy/sell in 1800 doesn't seem to be as strong as it was in previous games, especially the selling.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mayveena posted:

The buy/sell in 1800 doesn't seem to be as strong as it was in previous games, especially the selling.
The buying is pretty solid for zinc/copper/gold/rubber (in the cape). Selling is far more of a miss compared to other titles. There's soap to eli, and everything else is more of an intermediate or to abuse legendary harbormaster guys.

If you're super late game there's selling alcohol to the pirates. Selling ships isn't too bad either, but it's more of a stopgap in the early-mid game after the nerfs because you'll be pumping out frigates nonstop anyway.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 15, 2019

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mayveena posted:

Yeah which is a shame, I remember getting away with poo poo I shouldn't have in 1404 based entirely on how profitable selling carpets was, same with selling aluminum foam in 2205

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Asciana posted:

2070 is a fantastic game. Especially with the Tech faction and the ability to carry research into new games via the use of the ARK system.

Yeah it can’t be overstated how much the ability to play a fresh start with zero-radius high-yield wind turbines or 225% yield zero-pollution coal plants helped replay value.

Of course, nothing in the game really explains to you the full ramifications of the ARK/Tech system and it might take you 600 hours in-game before you work it out to its full logical conclusion.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
Soap and potatoes to Eli, plantain chips to Isabel, schnapps and beer to pirates. It's not much but it's early game achievable when you need it the most. Everything else is engineer level stuff or a loss. Well except fur coats to Kahina which is net about $100 per ton. You CAN buy/sell to other npcs at excellent margins but their stock/demands cycle so quickly that automating it would kill your influence points.

Do buy: chocolate from Kahina, rubber/steel from Old Nate. Those are little steady drips of product that are maybe worth the 1 influence point for the schooner and the prices are low.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I thought someone calculated fur coats to Kahina was a loss due to the expensive interregional logistics required

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
I finally got a game progressing to engineers/electricity, and after having income problems completely fixed by the tourist dock in Cape Trelawney for most of the game I'm back to having problems again. New production buildings have a maintenance cost of like $2,000 so I'm barely in the positive without having even gotten to steam ship production yet. What am I missing? Just get way more population?

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

So, here's something I've never known, despite this being my third Anno game, and it's really something I should know.

It took me a while starting off to realize (in an earlier game) that actual, physical logistics were an issue - you can't have too many carts loading/unloading at a warehouse, you don't want to have a warehouse far away because travel time becomes an issue - but does this only apply to warehouses? Specifically, I've been making sure I have people of the appropriate income level near workplaces because I assumed a little dude had to, like, physically walk to work to make the production facilities work, but is this actually true at all?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Eschatos posted:

I finally got a game progressing to engineers/electricity, and after having income problems completely fixed by the tourist dock in Cape Trelawney for most of the game I'm back to having problems again. New production buildings have a maintenance cost of like $2,000 so I'm barely in the positive without having even gotten to steam ship production yet. What am I missing? Just get way more population?

Get way more population, and make sure they’re happy. Alcohol does amazing things for your tax rates, as do churches and opera houses.

Try to make sure you’re not overproducing anything. Excess production is nice for avoiding shortages, but once warehouses are full you’re just paying money for no purpose. Check your raw goods to see if there’s anything you’re accidentally stockpiling.

Likewise, do what you can to either spread out or consolidate to avoid costs. Commuter docks are hella expensive, so try and build independent cities on islands that need to produce things. Conversely, producing lumber and bricks and glass on all of those islands may be wasting money in overproduction, so maybe consolidate industries where you can reasonably ship goods. Don’t forget about trade unions and leaders who might be able to let you shut down some stuff.

In general, engineers are where my income starts to drive upwards. Electricity lets you shut down a bunch of factories, which should be all the good for your ledger. Spend some time making sure you’re correctly arranged, and don’t forget to do quests for cash infusions to allow you to move stuff and build the happiness and electricity industries you need.

John Lee posted:

So, here's something I've never known, despite this being my third Anno game, and it's really something I should know.

It took me a while starting off to realize (in an earlier game) that actual, physical logistics were an issue - you can't have too many carts loading/unloading at a warehouse, you don't want to have a warehouse far away because travel time becomes an issue - but does this only apply to warehouses? Specifically, I've been making sure I have people of the appropriate income level near workplaces because I assumed a little dude had to, like, physically walk to work to make the production facilities work, but is this actually true at all?

People are entirely abstracted, AFAIK. There’s no problem in keeping your housing completely separate from your industry - I’ve had it on the full other side of Trelawney with no issues.

But you’re right that goods themselves need to be moved, which means that ship speed, number of ports available for docking, speed of carts, and availability of loading space in warehouses are all issues. In my larger cities, I end up having multiple docks just to keep ships from waiting too long in loading and unloading; and I often put down multiple warehouses in heavy industry areas to make sure goods are flowing.

This is also another reason that electricity is so amazing - in electrified range of your power plants, your industries will send out cars and trucks, which move a lot faster than horse carts.

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 15, 2019

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

skeleton warrior posted:

Get way more population, and make sure they’re happy. Alcohol does amazing things for your tax rates, as do churches and opera houses.

Yup, more population. Don't rush up the tech tree too fast, make more workers and artisans and feed them and get them drunk. Farmers too but...you'll need a bunch to run the farms anyways and they don't produce that much.

skeleton warrior posted:

This is also another reason that electricity is so amazing - in electrified range of your power plants, your industries will send out cars and trucks, which move a lot faster than horse carts.

They move fast, which is great, but the important thing is that the little trucks load and unload at double speed. Only applies to stuff that's buffed by power of course: farms and animal pens and lumber harvesters don't count. Oddly enough charcoal kilns DO get the power bonus (guess they're using electrical furnaces? Or they just realized with the amount of carbon you need that the charcoal definitely needed to scale).

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Mzbundifund posted:

I thought someone calculated fur coats to Kahina was a loss due to the expensive interregional logistics required
That was me and I hosed up the math, it's profitable barely. But even at the ~$100/ton profit (maybe $200ish with costume designer) it's still pretty weak. Soap and plantain chips are big margins. You can swarm Isabel with a schooner from every banana growing island just using jornaleros. Plantains give something like 4:1 return.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I overproduce by a huge margin on everything and I have tons of stuff moving around. I'm at investors right now and with my propaganda I've been using I'm making 22k a tick. Not bad. It's really unoptimized. I'm making beer runs to anne harlow and jean lafayette for the reputation for them now so that is nice. Gasparov kept being a loving prick and declaring war on me twice so I obliterated his main base and took it over for myself. gently caress you gasparov.

If beryl attacks though it's over.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I was playing without any pirates but now I'm wondering if I should start over after reading about all the Anne Harlow offers. I'm at artisans with the ability to upgrade to engineers. Thoughts?

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

I went full Gasparov and destroyed my Arctic islands down to the piers this morning after doing the main quest and getting my airships. Some Arctic tips:

1) I'm not sure there's a "good way" to go at this map on an initial rush. The other NPCs will eventually show up and start taking islands including ice flows with gas deposits, though in my game it was very delayed. You kind of have to get there, land grab, build to airship, then land grab again. So you'll want 20-30 free influence for island acquisition.

2) Speaking of influence, I could easily sink 100+ more points into this map because of the items the Inuit sells. You can start purchasing good production boosting items right away, and it was a major cockblock to be sitting on those with no influence or space to deploy them. Ideally I would attack this map from the get go with an additional 100 influence.

3) King Edward island is the obvious first base and can get you to airship, but there's an island to the west with better terrain, wide and open, same resources.

4) You will be importing coal. YOU WILL BE IMPORTING COAL, ALOT OF COAL. I got tired of siphoning coal from my normal supply routes, grabbed an old world island and just buried it in charcoal kilns. That plus buying from the prison...did not actually meet all my coal needs in the Arctic. There's no depots on this map, which means the supply routes need to keep hitting in rapid succession to bring up the coal. So have ships ready. You can (and will) harvest the coal on map but it eats limited space like crazy. You will also need brass, schnapps, coffee, canned food, and steel.

5) There's a special kind of salvage for this map. Get 25 of it (it's rare and I've had no luck pulling any of it from the ocean) and you can make an item at Nate's blimp which converts the heater consumption from coal to regular wood. Obviously way easier to import wood from another map than coal, since this map opens up at the height of your empire's already existing coal consumption. Again, you can harvest the wood in the Arctic but space is at a premium on these islands.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Uh luckily I started on normal because I am quite overwhelmed. Am I correct in thinking that early-mid game it's better to keep your other islands small rather than going all in? Say just to farm those resources you don't have in the main island, some clothes and schnapps to keep spirits up and that's it? I am trying developing multiple islands and it seems a pain to provide each with all the facilities (steel beams, brick, various foods etc)

I am towards the end of the campaign and can't help but feel I have developed too slowly, and ferrying resources around is a real pain. I have more money than God though, so I guess I could buy some real estate if the others snag all the little islands?

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
That's how I tend to approach it. It seems easier to build a solid base on your main island, only importing the minimum required to get up a few tiers. I shoot for commuter piers as soon as possible (engineers, I think) so that you can share labor forces between islands and not have to deal with so much redundant infrastructure.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
So the new statistics screen is real nice but I still have trouble accounting for if trade routes are bringing in enough of a resource to get by for islands that don't produce that resource. Is there some way to actually track that? Also I'd love to be able to see where exactly a ship on a trade route is on said route but that doesn't appear to be a thing either. Optimizing trade routes is just a colossal pain in the rear end and I'm wondering if I should just go with a bunch of charter routes instead.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Got to play for a while yesterday and the game sunk it's hooks into me so I went ahead and bought 1800. Sale + I could get 20% spending some ubisoft points I didn't know I had, so pretty good deal. Once you get past the early game and open up another region (or two) and annex another island (or two) things started to get pretty overwhelming and a bit more RTS like. Obviously not the core mechanics, but the skills involved. Unlike some other games where you can pause or really focus on one area while the others can pretty much be left to run autonomously (and I'm mostly thinking of Factorio here because it's my go to logistics game), this felt like it has a lot more micromanagement and constantly jumping around in a way that made it hard to focus and build up another region. Another thing that I'm struggling with is the lack of useful stats. There are some, but I really miss (and once again I have been spoiled by Factorio) being able to see comprehensive stats for supply, demand and trade over time. I find it next to impossible to tell how much is coming in on certain trade routes and if it's going to be enough and if outgoing trades are profitable etc.

All that said, having never played an Anno before, so some of that stuff I'm complaining about might be by design and part of the game's DNA, I'm enjoying it and there seems to be a helll of a lot of game there (I got the pack with all the DLC). I've restarted several sandbox games as I've figured out how things work more, but will probably play through the campaign next.

e: Reading back a few pages it sounds like I'd *really* enjoy 2205 so I'm going to grab that in the sale as well. Looks like buying 1800 gave me enough points to get another 20% off code. Although the complete edition is only like £10 or so at the moment anyway.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 16, 2019

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Welp, I've reached 12k investors on Trawleney and I'm at my gold maximum. poo poo. Gasparov has slowly pushed Beryl back so that he controls about 60% of the remaining Old World, half of Cape Trawleney, a couple Arctic islands and about 90% of the New World that I don't already own. My options are limited here, I need his New World holdings for the gold reserves. Even if I build up the Arctic and start mining gold there, it's only a matter of time.

Better to wait until he's at war with Beryl again, and hopefully my pirate bros, and strike.

To do list:
- Build a repair crane in every port, investor money so who cares,
- Relocate my two influence free cannons from an old pirate containment base to provide overlapping coverage on a good angle in the Old World,
- Set waypoints for oil tankers and cargo ships, so that they hug map edges and avoid his islands,
- Delete all the trade unions I can afford to get rid of, and start building more battlecruisers,
- Outfit the Extravaganza cruiser and salvage barge as recovery ships for dropped loot, expeditions are officially canceled,
- Establish a central fleet of at least six battlecruisers to take on his navy, have a backup fleet of monitor class ships to intercept his commerce raiders,
- Have at least one battlecruiser on each map at all times to guard what I can,
- Fill all warships with legendary torpedoes and mortars,
- Max out my reserves of steam engines, tnt and heavy weapons,
- Shut down all non-essential trade routes and sell the ships for influence, the World's Fair will have to do without tortillas for awhile,
- Convert my two Arctic bases to full fuel self-sufficiency,
- Build more police stations because like an idiot I centralized my industries dividing between Old World and Trawleney BEFORE going to war, and the bicycle riots are inevitable.

Come to think of it may be better to decentralize my industries again. Can anyone think of anything else?

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Parking some of his harbors full with your battleships before announcing war is a good one too.
When ships sail into range of harbor defences they can get focus-fired down. Less so when there's multiple targets in range when the war starts.
It's cheap, but you can grab multiple islands before he can mobilize.

You can also whittle down his fleets beforehand by using those raiding items, I think.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Gravy Jones posted:

Got to play for a while yesterday and the game sunk it's hooks into me so I went ahead and bought 1800. Sale + I could get 20% spending some ubisoft points I didn't know I had, so pretty good deal. Once you get past the early game and open up another region (or two) and annex another island (or two) things started to get pretty overwhelming and a bit more RTS like. Obviously not the core mechanics, but the skills involved. Unlike some other games where you can pause or really focus on one area while the others can pretty much be left to run autonomously (and I'm mostly thinking of Factorio here because it's my go to logistics game), this felt like it has a lot more micromanagement and constantly jumping around in a way that made it hard to focus and build up another region. Another thing that I'm struggling with is the lack of useful stats. There are some, but I really miss (and once again I have been spoiled by Factorio) being able to see comprehensive stats for supply, demand and trade over time. I find it next to impossible to tell how much is coming in on certain trade routes and if it's going to be enough and if outgoing trades are profitable etc.

All that said, having never played an Anno before, so some of that stuff I'm complaining about might be by design and part of the game's DNA, I'm enjoying it and there seems to be a helll of a lot of game there (I got the pack with all the DLC). I've restarted several sandbox games as I've figured out how things work more, but will probably play through the campaign next.

e: Reading back a few pages it sounds like I'd *really* enjoy 2205 so I'm going to grab that in the sale as well. Looks like buying 1800 gave me enough points to get another 20% off code. Although the complete edition is only like £10 or so at the moment anyway.
You can black box supply and demand for most things. Put up a good ratio, for example 3x hops + appropriate breweries, and then expand later as needed. Once you get later into the game, you erect massive amounts of things like Coffee. There's also the new stats screen which is crl+q/ctrl+e or something like that. I haven't had a good look at it yet. It seems confusing at first glance compared to 2205 & Factorio's stats.

When you get into supply islands, I usually just load up 50 or lots of 50s, unload 50, and then set secondary islands to unload 50 on for leftovers if it's from a central hub. Strategy works fine for things you have an abundance that aren't consumed real fast. For other things, you can change the settings on the trade to "wait until empty" or "wait until full" or something like that.

1800 does have more RTS attention grabbers than other entries in the series. The good news is that you can largely ignore them and just focus on what you want to. Especially after you break out of the early-mid game. You also get used to handling an immediate problem and then switching back to what you were doing. I wouldn't ignore ships being attacked, but fire/police/hospital events will resolve themselves if you have the appropriate buildings or just want to handle them a little later. Or just click the notification, do it, then go back to where you were.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Dec 16, 2019

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
^^^ my biggest impredement to get stuff done is the fact that I feel like I MUST DO ALL QUESTS. That's actually one thing I'm really digging about this game. Lots of flavour with the quests and expiditions and NPCs. The NPCs in particular, I'd usually expect randomly generated AI characters in a game like this rather than the bespoke cast we get here.

Quick Q: When you're setting up something to sell from the warehouse/trade screen I'm a little confused by the two sliders. Slider one (with the padlock on it) tells it not to sell if you have below that amount. Not sure exactly what the second slider with the arrow is supposed to do... or does the only matter when you are set to buy and sell and you can just ignore it when only selling? Tried to look it up but seems like it's a recent addition and anything I found only talked about a single slider.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Gravy Jones posted:

Quick Q: When you're setting up something to sell from the warehouse/trade screen I'm a little confused by the two sliders. Slider one (with the padlock on it) tells it not to sell if you have below that amount. Not sure exactly what the second slider with the arrow is supposed to do... or does the only matter when you are set to buy and sell and you can just ignore it when only selling? Tried to look it up but seems like it's a recent addition and anything I found only talked about a single slider.
One slider is a minimum stock slider. They added it a while after release so many places likely don't talk about it. Even your trade routes won't tap into the reserved quantity.

If you're doing quests+expeditions+all events+checking the npc shops regularly then you're participating in what makes Anno 1800 truly great compared to some previous entries in the series. There are more things to do than you have time for, and they're all varied and meaningful in their own way. It's fine to cut back on what you are doing and then focus on it later if you want. If it's overwhelming, Anno isn't very punishing about picking and choosing what matters to you. Quests are excellent early game for the cash.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 16, 2019

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Khorne posted:

One slider is a minimum stock slider. They added it a while after release so many places likely don't talk about it. Even your trade routes won't tap into it.

So if you're using it for selling only, above the padlock can be used for internal trade routes and only above the second slider (arrow) will be sold through passive trading? Makes sense, thanks.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

SubNat posted:

It's cheap, but you can grab multiple islands before he can mobilize.

Good tips and I am totally ok with cheap. Last time I did this it was against George and my trade fleet was turned into debris in under 5 minutes.

Actually, my Trawleney museum can probably get demolished, that'd be about 80 influence right there. That's my six BCs. Going to try loading up some gunboats with the TNT items as well.

physeter fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 16, 2019

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Either way you'll likely be fine, I remember spending a significant chunk of a game fighting a defensive war against Vicente Silva which he declared out of the blue.
They're not great at waging war, just make sure you don't lose any critical targets.
(I was going slow at the start, and the moment he had a couple Ship of the Lines and I did not, he decided to try to curbstomp me. So of course he whined like a little baby when I chucked him out of the game.)

Though your trade lines are likely to get harassed either way, but on the plus side you can earn a lot from his trade lines.
(In my game the idiot had a schooner trade line going past my capital island ferrying in gold and other stuff out, and they promptly got blasted by my harbor defences every time. Lots of free gold and rum for me, though.)

SubNat fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Dec 16, 2019

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Keeping the crazy asses on the ice shelf islands satisfied is peak madness. There is nothing there... it is all imported.

Is the gas salvage worth it? I got one shelf settled and am taking in just a bit of the gas. I dunno, it's a huge investment of resources.

I can play this game indefinitely. It is scary. I need to consolidate and optimize my 50 loving islsnds.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013

Eschatos posted:

So the new statistics screen is real nice but I still have trouble accounting for if trade routes are bringing in enough of a resource to get by for islands that don't produce that resource. Is there some way to actually track that? Also I'd love to be able to see where exactly a ship on a trade route is on said route but that doesn't appear to be a thing either. Optimizing trade routes is just a colossal pain in the rear end and I'm wondering if I should just go with a bunch of charter routes instead.
You can see from the all islands stats if you are producing enough. If you see that, and some islands are short on some goods, you might need more ships on the route!

The stats screen is so good, I can safely say they surpassed 1404/2070 now. FYI, the production stats tell you how much you need to make of something per minute. If the number on say beer is negative, that means your people are consuming more than you make. You don't need external calculators anymore, unless you really want to plan things out.

James The 1st fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 16, 2019

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

James The 1st posted:

You don't need external calculators anymore, unless you really want to plan things out.

Which is good, because a big chunk of the game is optimizing and getting boosters and poo poo, and those just chuck the calculators out the windows.

I haven't had time to drop into it again with the arctic dlc yet, but I am incredibly curious how much better my economy is going to go when I'm not compulsively overbuilding and overproducing everything.

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

Well, I forgot about the mines I can craft with Old Nate. And I'm a compulsive hoarder of scrap, so I guess I'll stop at 500 mines. Be fun to see how these work and whether the AI will cheat and avoid channels that are mined, or blunder into them. Either way should be a win.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I am still bad at this game and allthough the real time aspect is fairly gentle, it's not something I'll ever be good at juggling. That said it has rapidly become one of those games I'm thinking of playing when I'm not playing it and I've still barely scratched the surface. Thanks for all the assistance so far. Given what games I gravitate towards it's kind of weird that I've completely ignored the franchise up until now.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If anyone’s interested, you can get the season pass on Ubisofts store for $13.99 right now using the code EXTRA20.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I;m thinking about thos production chains

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

vandalism posted:

I;m thinking about thos production chains
I have twelve coffee roasters roasting at ~175% efficiency and no employees

"You're faster than the old jornalero!"

:psyduck:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

physeter posted:

I have twelve coffee roasters roasting at ~175% efficiency and no employees

"You're faster than the old jornalero!"

:psyduck:

drat that sounds good.

I have a question for you guys. I have (what feels like) a huge amount of islands all spread out and overproducing everything. My trade routes are a huge mess. My main island in the old world is good and I have a fair amount of investors. I even have airships and stuff. My question is should I try to fix my current situation by getting my poo poo in order or should I restart and try to build more carefully? I have like $30 million and feel like I did a lot. I just feel like going forward will be a lot of tuning things and adjusting.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I start over all the time and every time I get a bit further along.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

If anyone’s interested, you can get the season pass on Ubisofts store for $13.99 right now using the code EXTRA20.

Would this work with my Steam copy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Zedd posted:

Would this work with my Steam copy?

Steam copy still links to and plays through Uplay. Technically you wouldn't have the DLCs on Steam if/when it ever comes out there again but since you have to launch through Uplay you'll have the DLC.