Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:geno:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Did they just say that they had permission to come back and hope nobody would look into it?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i'll start the qcs thread

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

rodbeard posted:

Did they just say that they had permission to come back and hope nobody would look into it?

Who knows?

That would be the funniest reason, but it’s possible that miscommunication or change in policy are behind it.

eta: Turtlicious did get a name change (from “Lady Galeria”, captured in early quotes), which is a bold move for a permabanned poster trying to stay under the RADAR.

Assuming the confidence trick in this thread was irresistible, the name invites any admin who stumbles across the account to ban on sight. Not every admin reads this thread.

For that matter, why change names? If it was a confidence trick, why not rereg with the intended name immediately?

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 09:55 on Dec 16, 2019

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Platystemon posted:

For that matter, why change names? If it was a confidence trick, why not rereg with the intended name immediately?

i've thought about re-regging under a different name but I think it's a nice gesture to not hide your post history so people can decide if they like you even despite the terrible things you've said and done online.

also my brand

e: it adds credibility to the lie i guess, especially if you can't keep cover

Saint Isaias Boner has a new favorite as of 11:23 on Dec 16, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

rodbeard posted:

That was what I've been thinking this whole time too lmao

Their third-person posts from the Smash account were just too manipulative to not suspect they'd try something further once that one got smacked down. I was hoping they lied about someone sanctioning it because who is going to question all the other mods. It's like the reverse of going into the Technical thread and posting "my mod buttons are greyed out but otherwise still visible, can you reboot my status in the server or give it a few kicks or something"

What an exciting poster with exciting ambitions

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

rodbeard posted:

This is a pretty canny move tbh

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Found footage of Turtilicious attempting to find reliable enough accomplices for blowing up an oil refinery and/or cow field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYL0Cvpla-g

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I feel like that has to be crossed wires with admins, right? Like one admin said ok to him coming back but another didn't realise, and approved the permaban? As hilarious as the jedi mind trick theory sounds.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
^^Possible, I guess we'll find out soon if there's a retraction. Maybe KM legitimately didn't know. Honestly the Jedi Mind Trick thing could work too though, because how can anyone prove that not one single mod or admin, out of all of them, granted clemency without interviewing them all? Checking all might even be impossible if some are on vacation. In this case he did paint himself into a corner by saying *which* mod granted it though, which would get him caught more easily.

SA Saga: That time Turtilicious and his wife (another SA poster) took part in an extended troll

Turtlicious posted:

Oh yeah definitely, that's where I got the idea. I'll normally go on reddit or tumblr find real issues / problems and tweak them slightly.

Happy Thread has a new favorite as of 12:07 on Dec 16, 2019

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I assume if it was legit mods would have just unbanned the original turtlicious account.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I'm not sure if it was posted already, but the recent I Work for a Dice Firm Thread meltdown was fun, almost like a memory from a bygone era. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902892 Forums user twodot has a thing or two to say about how to 'measure fairness' in the dice he uses to guide his magical wizard in the fantasy world of D&D and nothing will make him back down in his quest for truly 'fair' shiny bits of plastic!

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

the rat breeding thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3633543

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

barbecue at the folks posted:

I'm not sure if it was posted already, but the recent I Work for a Dice Firm Thread meltdown was fun, almost like a memory from a bygone era. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902892 Forums user twodot has a thing or two to say about how to 'measure fairness' in the dice he uses to guide his magical wizard in the fantasy world of D&D and nothing will make him back down in his quest for truly 'fair' shiny bits of plastic!

Oh man, just wait until he finds out that every DM fudges rolls to suit their purposes anyway.

Unclean! None of you are truly disciples of the pure and beautiful goddess Probability!

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

barbecue at the folks posted:

But are your dice FAIR??? :byodood:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

rodbeard posted:

I assume if it was legit mods would have just unbanned the original turtlicious account.

I don't feel at liberty to disclose what happened, here, but I will say that I truly hope that fellow gets the help he needs.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pastry of the Year posted:

I don't feel at liberty to disclose what happened, here, but I will say that I truly hope that fellow gets the help he needs.

ohhh nooooo this is the worst thing you could have said, let the speculation BEGIN

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bring back old gbs posted:

ohhh nooooo this is the worst thing you could have said, let the speculation BEGIN

Nah.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
beginning to wonder if turts even had a fiancee or if we're looking at a tyler durden situation here

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Did he even have a video game to glue together?????

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The voight kamp test from blade runner but both posters are trying to figure out if the other is a turtlicious alt

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Oxxidation posted:

beginning to wonder if turts even had a fiancee or if we're looking at a tyler durden situation here

I'm going to believe this is true, which is all it takes to make it true.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oxxidation posted:

EmmyOk posted:

The voight kamp test from blade runner but both posters are trying to figure out if the other is a turtlicious alt

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Did he even have a video game to glue together?????

thx for being fun and not listening to the boring dork

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

EmmyOk posted:

You look down and you see a Turtlicious. You reach down and you flip the Turtlicious on it's back.
\

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the cow is in the field, but it's not exploding. why isn't it exploding?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CannonFodder posted:

You look down and you see a Turtlicious. You reach down and you flip the Turtlicious on it's back.
\

Oxxidation posted:

Okay, these made me laugh.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Oxxidation posted:

I don't know what mod or admin decided somebody unstable enough to decide cow terrorism was the way forward deserved a second chance, but they really ought to rethink that choice.
Especially it Turt made it up. The figments of their imagination need some serious reflection time.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

OK - one last time. This one is exploding.
But the one out there is a photoshopped Kentucky Fried Chicken

Exploding...
Photoshopped Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

VanSandman posted:

I don't know what mod or admin decided somebody unstable enough to decide cow terrorism was the way forward deserved a second chance, but they really ought to rethink that choice.
Especially it Turt made it up. The figments of their imagination need some serious reflection time.

With strange aeons even the perma'd may be banned.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Werong Bustope posted:

But are your dice FAIR??? :byodood:

I'm still trying to figure out how the gently caress poking the dice with a caliper would somehow measure their 'fairness'. Keep on sticking it to Big Dice with their dice made of plastic and LIES, twodot :allears:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

CannonFodder posted:

\

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
big lol if the turt unban was a confidence trick, the more :stonk: is that turt regged as smash and insulted his past posting & tried giving hints about his trajectory in the third person in the same thread he was banned in lmao.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
*walking into thread wearing one of those big nose+mustache+glasses novelty things* yikes, that turtlicious guy is pretty crazy, right guys?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Homeless Friend posted:

big lol if the turt unban was a confidence trick, the more :stonk: is that turt regged as smash and insulted his past posting & tried giving hints about his trajectory in the third person in the same thread he was banned in lmao.

It was the most transparent thing. A new poster with a regdate of the same day you got perma'd on, talking about the post that got you perma'd that you made months ago, posting in the same threads you posted in?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Homeless Friend posted:

I mean, someone posting furiously about their old account being cool and good should have been a red flag. But we all wanted to believe people could change.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It was the most transparent thing. A new poster with a regdate of the same day you got perma'd on, talking about the post that got you perma'd that you made months ago, posting in the same threads you posted in?

He could have re-regged as Santa and vouched for himself being a good boy to sway mods.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RIP turticious a good poster.

Or not who fuckin knows

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

oldpainless posted:

RIP turticious a good poster.
This is a really long game to play for a parachute account, turtlicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
one of my earliest encounters with turtlicious' posting was him spamming a games thread with "uncle at nintendo"-esque rumors about secret endings if you beat it x times

i wonder if that was actually part of a trend