Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
What's the theory behind listing an item for 0.7ex or 0.8ex instead of the equivalent chaos since that's what the buyer will actually pay with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Doc Walrus posted:

Since the Quill Rain debuff affects all damage equally I figured the best approach would be to pump fire damage and convert everything. If it's better to keep some physical damage I'll refund that point.

Does pierce really stop EA from sticking to targets? If so I'll find a different second ascendancy keystone.

It's still gonna be real bad, but I love my Quill Rain so I'm doing it anyway.

The real thing is that converting almost nothing is still almost nothing.

My EA with Quill rain does 77 to 202 physical damage per hit. Convert half that for a whopping 70 average added fire damage.
Meanwhile the actual fire damage per hit is 12,279-18,699.

e: to clarify, that's per fuse on the target. the hit is something like 6k fire damage on average which is still almost 100x the physical portion

Herewaard fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 16, 2019

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

What's the theory behind listing an item for 0.7ex or 0.8ex instead of the equivalent chaos since that's what the buyer will actually pay with?

You get more chaos if exalts inflate while your listing is up

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dr. Clockwork posted:

if you think it'll be a few days before anyone bites, it's early in the league, and you don't want to look up the c:ex exchange rate to reprice the item every day

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
I'm a newbie and following the advice of the thread, I'm doing a build that I found on the forums (its a cyclone build).

It's fun.

However in the name of science I would like to try something else too. Can someone recommend a build that plays markedly different than a cyclone build and doesn't require a silly amount of currency to pull off?

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

queeb posted:

Anyone have a guide to the Guardian cyclone summoner thing? It sounds super cool

I like this one: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2217712/page/1

Life base, not dependant on managuard stuff that is gonna be pricey. Hoag, purity, double relics

Ghazzy and Woolfio have necro/guardian relic builds that work with cyclone too

headspace
Apr 25, 2014
Man.... I tried really hard to make Explosive Arrow Chieftain work, but it just feels like absolute dogshit. It's hard to tell if it is the skill or the tweaks to mob hitpoints though. I can pretty easily convert to Artillery Balista or Burning Arrow. Any opinions on which will be more effective?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
Is the path of building damage calculation for Herald of Agony accurate?

I'm playing scourge arrow and was considering also trying to scale the pet damage but even with 3 damage gems it only puts it at 1k dps. If its not worth scaling then it does free up a bunch of slots for other stuff.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

headspace posted:

Man.... I tried really hard to make Explosive Arrow Chieftain work, but it just feels like absolute dogshit. It's hard to tell if it is the skill or the tweaks to mob hitpoints though. I can pretty easily convert to Artillery Balista or Burning Arrow. Any opinions on which will be more effective?

RaizQT is playing some form of EA in the HCSSF race and is doing really well, might be worth checking out his build?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Stangg posted:

Is the path of building damage calculation for Herald of Agony accurate?

I'm playing scourge arrow and was considering also trying to scale the pet damage but even with 3 damage gems it only puts it at 1k dps. If its not worth scaling then it does free up a bunch of slots for other stuff.

Did you set your virulence stacks to 40? Which attack are you looking at (HoAg has 3).

Idk if it's worth scaling, HoAg is strong as a 1 link, but SA also has plenty of sockets so you definitely could.

Aside, scourge arrow still shreds, so fun.

headspace
Apr 25, 2014

Stangg posted:

RaizQT is playing some form of EA in the HCSSF race and is doing really well, might be worth checking out his build?

I just watched his stream a bit. His build seems to play a lot like mine. It must just be the increased hitpoints on everything.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
An Exalt, Divine Orb and 4 unique items from a Meta boss. drat that was fun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

headspace posted:

I’m having fun with burning arrow

There are a bunch of people with it on Poe ninja too so it’s easy to get ideas etc

(Ignite proliferation is amazing for packs and the BA debuff is good on single target. A balanced skill)

euphronius fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 16, 2019

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Just got to act 7 and once you get barrage support, galvanic arrow is fun and good. Barrage support makes it both a giant cone and a single target laser beam.

Never used shrapnel shot but this new zappy arrow is cool.

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Papercut posted:

Did you set your virulence stacks to 40? Which attack are you looking at (HoAg has 3).

Idk if it's worth scaling, HoAg is strong as a 1 link, but SA also has plenty of sockets so you definitely could.

Aside, scourge arrow still shreds, so fun.

Ah it was the virulence stacks, thanks. Now it says 90k which is much more respectable.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Nektu posted:

However in the name of science I would like to try something else too. Can someone recommend a build that plays markedly different than a cyclone build and doesn't require a silly amount of currency to pull off?

Minions. Build guide: put minion gems in gear, take minion and life passives, be a necro, murder everything

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Have I hosed my atlas?

3 of the internal regions don't have a discovered citadel, but every region says at least "Region Level 1 required to spawn Exile".

The highlighted region even has all maps completed.

Edit: Just noticed Zana has a menu option "Take Watchstone" but clicking on it does nothing

Bagpuss_UK fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 16, 2019

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Qwertycoatl posted:

Minions. Build guide: put minion gems in gear, take minion and life passives, be a necro, murder everything

*elementalist

Sakco
Jun 6, 2009
If you kill a map boss of a t3 or higher map in a region without a discovered citadel you'll get the citadel.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Qwertycoatl posted:

I'm playing Cyclone AND Minions this league! CWC Desecrate+Flesh Offering on my Cyclone, spin to win baby!

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I'm playing Cyclone AND Minions this league! CWC Desecrate+Flesh Offering on my Cyclone, spin to win baby!

Do this but with soulwrest it's awesome.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Finally back from work trip and can actually play. Cyclone CwC VD seems fun, is it still strong after nerfs?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

euphronius posted:

This seems like it might be cool

Too bad no one plays melee strikes

If this works with Ancestors (like if you also get ancestors from both yourself and the location the ring hits) then yeah this is nuts for strike skills.

I'm playing Lightning Strike right now and I'll probably look into getting the ring, I'm a raider DWing 2.0 aps foils so the attack speed penalty would be manageable.

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)

Sakco posted:

If you kill a map boss of a t3 or higher map in a region without a discovered citadel you'll get the citadel.

Just tried this, doesn't seem to have done anything.

No notifications, no new dialogue options with Kirac or Zana, nothing new on the atlas...

J
Jun 10, 2001

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Have I hosed my atlas?

3 of the internal regions don't have a discovered citadel, but every region says at least "Region Level 1 required to spawn Exile".

The highlighted region even has all maps completed.

Edit: Just noticed Zana has a menu option "Take Watchstone" but clicking on it does nothing

When a region of the atlas gets colored in like that, you lose the ability to remove watchstones from that region until you run some more maps in that region and kill the conqueror. Run some more maps in the green and yellow regions and you should be able to see the watchtowers for those regions again after you kill the conquerors that spawn. For any region that you haven't discovered the citadel yet, just run some more maps in that region until the citadel portal appears after the boss, it's just random.

I think the only way you can really gently caress yourself is if you go hog wild and socket 3 or 4 watchstones in a region, run maps in that region until it gets influenced, and then be too weak to actually kill the conqueror when it spawns since you won't be able to take the watchstones out.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

I don’t mind the health buffs as my initiation into PoE was a Blight league Zombimancer that promptly melted every boss without much effort, but the larger frustration this league is how much more likely I am to die with the longer encounters as a melee build.

Really I should’ve maxed resistances earlier I guess? Didn’t really need to worry about that until Act 6/7 last time IIRC. (ele resistance is a boring mechanic :colbert:)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Clocks posted:

Man, I actually got lucky with ascendent trials this time around and went to do uber lab. Got murdered by Izaro during his second trial. Ran it again and got like two-shot by him in the first room. Haven't had the heart to try again. I miss the days when I'd run uber lab and die to random traps instead. :(

Same, but second room and third room. This is the first league I've had problems with Uber since betrayal, which was my first league.

Between this, the map changes, etc, it feels pretty discouraging. But I'm only at 130% life from tree and like 4.5k life as a trickster, so
i think if I rejigger my tree (at the cost of a lot of damage) things will get better, I hope.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Do this but with soulwrest it's awesome.

Wait this looks loving awesome

Is it actually tanky enough? I hate dying. Just stick cyclone, cwc, desecrate, flesh offering into a 4l, skeletons or zombies or both into 6l, and that's it?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

silvergoose posted:

Is it actually tanky enough? I hate dying. Just stick cyclone, cwc, desecrate, flesh offering into a 4l, skeletons or zombies or both into 6l, and that's it?

My build is also a Juggernaut with The Baron so quite tanky. Another goon made it for me when I said that's what I wanted to try but had no idea how to make it. You could probably do the same with a more traditional Necromancer build just fine though. Despite the nerfs, minions are still very good.

edit: Up to Act 8 so far (had to work a lot this weekend so wasn't able to no-life league start) and I've only died once, to some Metamorph that nuked me as soon as it spawned and I have no idea how. Killed it just fine after the run back.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Idk about the rest of yall but something about the 'spawning adds' part of meta bosses is rippy as hell. Idk if the summon does damage or all the adds just shoot me at the same time or what.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Run away and shoot them from a screen and a half away.

At least that is what I do.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Idk about the rest of yall but something about the 'spawning adds' part of meta bosses is rippy as hell. Idk if the summon does damage or all the adds just shoot me at the same time or what.

Doesn't every Meta boss spawn adds? I kill a lot of them before they can and the adds still always spawn a second or two after the boss is down from zombie dogpile.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007

silvergoose posted:

Yeah I rocked soulwrest summoner for blight and it was awesome. I put zombies and spectres in a 6l rotting legion and did spirit offering. Spirit offering restores the amount of energy shield granted by the buff so it's pretty good for tankiness. You could use bone or flesh as well but I liked spirit so I could cap resist with no effort.

I didn't do any fancy bossing but I cleared t15s and maybe a couple of the shaper guardians? It felt pretty good and having a pile of zombies and spectres plus always moving with cyclone keeps you alive pretty well.

My soulwrest summoner is TensersPhantomArmy if you want to see my gear and tree.

SynthesisAlpha fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 16, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone had asked for a screenshot of Karui Town and I totally forgot until today, sorry about it and sorry for the lovely screenshot:

A quick GIS didn't yield anything showing off the rest of it, so I should have taken other screenshots, but alas. You can see from the revealed map that it's small. It also did not look particularly interesting if I'm being quite honest, the most interesting part of it was the use of the dude-fishing prop on a rock that made it look like someone's hideout.

Of note is that: It shows as Karui Town in the map, but it's Karui Shores inside the area.

It still shows in the Epilogue Minimap if you have beaten the game and makes an alt. The Epilogue tab shows it, and it uses the old pointer with the old unrevealed waypoints to Oriath and to Karui Town with the Oriath background, but neither at which are revealed or clickable. Once you beat the game, the pointer changes.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 16, 2019

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Soulwrest can make you relatively tanky thanks to the life regain you get from it and its a staff so you get block. I tried doing a cwc srs soulwrest cyclone set up consuming corpses via the devouring diadem to trigger the wrest but it didnt work that well. SRS weren't summoned fast enough

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

TheRat posted:

Shaper went from 18mil to 68mil hp lmao

They also increased his resists. So that hp takes even longer to do.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of beating the game, I'd like to ask some questions, I appreciate if anyone can give it a go.

1) How long did it take your first character to beat the campaign in this league in /played, or whatever other estimate you have.
2) Were you trying to rush the content, playing as slow as possible to enjoy the new mechanic, or something in-between?
3) Was that faster or longer than usual, given the above parameters? If longer, what was your PB, in comparison?
4) Was it a new build or something you were familiar with?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

1) Somewhere between 8 and 9 hours
2) Something in between. I did metamorphs if they were convenient
3) It's a personal best, I'm rather slow
4) I'd done mines before, but not since the rework

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
1. 12 hours, lots of breaks.
2. skipped metamorphs after a few acts and all quests. RP walked lunaris temple act 3 for maximum lols.
3. average.
4. new build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
1. I usually take about 10h to maps in a new league
2. I'm dumb and like to do the new content instead of rushing
3. I've got to maps in like 6h on a new start by being 'disciplined' for me
4. I'm doing minions this league, I've done it before but I'm untwinked this time. I still havent hit act 3 and i'm at 2.5h. better get hustling instead of morphing.