Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want to put up Mass Effect 2 and 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition for being super important to me that I will defend until I'm dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
My wife’s surgery is over. She had pretty severe endometriosis and they had to take out her appendix, but otherwise she’s fine. Thanks everyone.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I wish I was more into sci-fi than I am because New Vegas obviously is a very well made game but it just never held my interests.

Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey were real great too.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

new vegas is a poorly made game! it rules my rear end!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I completely slept on New Vegas because I thought it was an addon to Fallout 3 and I wasn't real jazzed about that game.

Been enjoying the Star Ocean re-issue on my Wii. There's a lot of mechanics going on that surprised me it was a Super Famicon release originally. I still there's a lot of unexplored space in the SNES-PSX era RPGs. And I keep thinking if I had the time/effort/skills that doing an FFV style RPG would be neat.

I really need some help finding good Indian action flicks and shows on netflix. Started watching Maharakshak Devi and aside from the fab looking cast, its a really terrible show. Nothing makes sense. I got mad at it.

Ended up watching Escape From The Badlands even tho it didn't fit the bill but I had a migraine and bloodshed is the only thing that tames it these days. glorious blood.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

new vegas is insanely well made for a game that was done in 18 months, but it is still a game that was done in 18 months

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

favorite games of the decade huh, lets see

Fallout: New Vegas
Skyrim
Fire Emblem Awakening
The Last Of Us
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Bloodborne, Dark Souls, and all the other fromsoft goodness. But Bloodborne specifically
Witcher 3
Persona 5
Dragon Quest 11
AC Odyssey
Spider-Man
RDR2

yeah i play a lot of aaa poo poo

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

For me it was Portal 2, especially co-op mode.

EDIT - Also the trailers for Portal 2 were fantastic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIS_-noBsLo

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 16, 2019

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

My wife’s surgery is over. She had pretty severe endometriosis and they had to take out her appendix, but otherwise she’s fine. Thanks everyone.

glad to hear everything turned out ok!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Also while I listed Undertale, Mass Effect 2/3 and Dragon Age Inquisition as being really important to me - Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time. It's amazing high quality for so much quantity is something that shouldn't happen. That's not how it works you know? I can only hope they can do it again with Cyberpunk.

Geralt's reunion with Ciri might be my favorite cutscene of all time too.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i'm doing a death march run and if anything its only made the game funner. witcher 3 is a masterpiece

forgot to mention the mass effects. must've done at least 4 full playthroughs of the trilogy at this point

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Even ME1? That game is a slog and a half to get through.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

I've never had any issues with it but I can totally see why it would be that for others. These games are BEGGING for a good remaster. Also I learned a lot about modding games thanks to all those BIOWARE games lol. Just installed a new mods to Mass Effect 3 this past week.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

One last wimpering “and another thing” style post on my way out

I apologize for my morning fussiness & dramatics & understand the difficulties of sensibly moderating around mental illness. I am not going to post for the simple reason that WWE is not good for me, it fills me with hatred and anger and negativity, and I am not good for its discussion. I have told myself that posting was a way to vent that frustration, but all I’m doing is spreading bad vibes these days and causing trouble. I don’t wanna do that

I love the supportive friendly nature of this thread and through it have come to appreciate you all as lovely three dimensional people but the sad truth is that after two decades of exposure to heavy troll radiation, prolonged bouts of genuineness and earnestness caseates my blood and bursts my skin into flames. I’ve tried but have ultimately settled on there being no way to correct this.

Trying to put my personal garbage aside I see a schism between those like myself and the more genuine posters, whose good times we and I are not trying to ruin really, but there’s only one general discussion thread for WWE and one off-topic thread. I would suggest a third, “Hardcore Rules” thread, where jerks, trolls, and other no-good-nicks like myself may self-sequester. You could even throw your Roverts and other Rogue’s Gallery types in there

Besides the point for me as I will luckily not have to see or hear WWE until the New Year. But maybe something to consider! You all have a great Holidays and GOODBYE FOREVER!!!

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
goodbye forever, That DICK!. i hope you come visit me on my yak farm once i get that going. i will name a yak after you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, making a shithead containment forum has worked out pretty well we should definitely do that on a small scale

PSYCHE!!!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Witcher 3 is the best game of the decade with the best ending, because you get to retire to a vineyard with your girlfriend (Yen) and just chill out and have a good time :cheers:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The Outer Worlds 2 is definitely going to be the best game of the next decade imo

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best game of the decade was clearly Genital Jousting.

Honestly though I think the game I had the most fun with in a long time was Human: Fall Flat in coop.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

outer worlds is the most disappointing game of the decade for me so far but that might be a little unfair since i was forewarned of pokemon

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The Borderlands series from 2 onwards.

It's brought my partner and I closer together like never before and that's why it's the game of the decade.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Push El Burrito posted:

The best game of the decade was clearly Genital Jousting.

Mount Your Friends for game of the decade

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cavauro posted:

outer worlds is the most disappointing game of the decade for me so far but that might be a little unfair since i was forewarned of pokemon
why were you so disappointed

I thought the game was good but not great, but it's mostly the fact it feels like there's random bits of fallout's shittiness just there for ~reasons~

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

Spikegal posted:

I've never had any issues with it but I can totally see why it would be that for others.

oh absolutely. a lot of it for me with the first ME is nostalgia. i have fond memories of my first time playing it, so i can look past the jank.

e; also being completely bombed pumping hard house and trying to make the mako do flips off of mountains

Joey McChrist fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 16, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry tim cain. your good game isnt legendary like i expected. :lofty:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

The Borderlands series from 2 onwards.

It's brought my partner and I closer together like never before and that's why it's the game of the decade.

well hell if that’s a metric then hotline miami 2 is my game of the decade since it’s the only video game that led directly into me getting [REDACTED] up the [REDACTED]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new vegas was my first fallout game and was my favorite game outright of the ps3/360 console gen. i wont lie, i am mildly bitter seeing skyrim (which was a good game) getting port after port after port and new vegas just absolutely hasn't received a port for the ps4 or the nintendo switch. i love the cheesiness of it and it had one of the few open world environments i really wanted to explore every possible nook and cranny (being a vegas native prolly being a driving force behind that)

this current console gen hasnt really connected with me, the only games i really played have been breath of the wild/wrestling games/the remakes of shadow of the colossus and resident evil 2 but that is also very likely a byproduct of me being in my early 30s and people in my demo being less apt to try new IPs.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 16, 2019

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Mount Your Friends for game of the decade

You could take your own picture and put it on your muscle man which made that game especially enjoyable for us.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
alpha protocol

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Zeta Acosta posted:

alpha protocol

Despite how broken this game was, I loved it.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i have played that game countless times on the xbox and on pc and never found any bug or weird thing

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm a poo poo head.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

my favorte game of all time is super mario 64. i used to speedrun it but never was all that good. i speedran tazmania at agdq one year. i just doxxed myself. gently caress. whyd i do that?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Been playing WoW so much since it came out, not sure I can name it my game of the decade since it’s an ongoing MMO and has had some bad expansions, but nothing else immediately leaps to mind.

Can I name a mod of an older game that really refreshes and improves upon what was already there? If so then I’ll say Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod makes it quite possibly the best PC RPG ever made. And that’s saying something.

It’s loving brutal how the thing got rushed when it came out 15 years ago because Chris Avellone wrote probably the best Star Wars story ever and showed how space wizards with laser swords could be written nuanced and brilliantly. I really need to play through it again sometime. The mod makes it really close to what it should have been from the beginning.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i went to that speed run and it was just slowly tapping up a hill being chased by some kind of rock monsters and then i stopped it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i mean I went to it on youtube. not irl. I did not stop someone from agdqing.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i dont remember it at all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

speed runs freak me out very bad. trying to do it. I mess up

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i havent done anything like it seriously in many years, but with my devil-may-care attitude and aloof demeanor , they were nothing to me. water off my back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A good game to speedrun is called Refunct. i love that game. it's like if someone made a game in 2 minutes and it sucked and looked bad, and you could beat it faster than 2 minutes. I really do enjoy it, once every 9 to 14 months