Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

KakerMix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D__6hwqjZAs

I stole this from iowncalculus in the slack chat and I don't care who knows it

Absolutely the theme song for this Atlas...perfect

Dagen H posted:

Let's Import Vehicles From Japan For Fun And Profit: Don't throw your toilet away, I might want it

Indeed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Dagen H posted:

Let's Import Vehicles From Japan For Fun And Profit: Don't throw your toilet away, I might want it

:yeshaha:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Oh and I got 2 more skylines delivered today...

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

sea of losers posted:

god i wish we had more 4w/awd in USA. hell even more fwd.
What? RWD pretty much only exists in the classes it's needed in anymore. Low-end pickup trucks and sports cars concerned with weight. Lower-end luxury sedans are pretty much the only category that has RWD without really needing it. FWD dominates the lower end market and then pretty much everyone who lives where it snows is convinced that a higher end vehicle is worthless without 4/AWD.

quote:

rwd makes it too easy to spin out
FWD makes it too hard to take a corner sideways :colbert:

Seriously though, I have driven mostly RWD in snowy Northern Ohio my entire life and the only times I've ever spun out have been when I've been doing something dumb (usually the above). Especially in the context of a modern car with traction control, if you're finding RWD prone to spinning you either need new tires or need to learn that the gas pedal is an analog control.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
If anyone is looking...

https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-g7kICXW8Uz9rkWZ.htm

Turbo 4wd 5-speed with non-working AC.

I'd 100% bid on this but thinking on it a bit...it wouldn't be financially responsible

French Canadian fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 12, 2019

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

wolrah posted:

Seriously though, I have driven mostly RWD in snowy Northern Ohio my entire life and the only times I've ever spun out have been when I've been doing something dumb (usually the above). Especially in the context of a modern car with traction control, if you're finding RWD prone to spinning you either need new tires or need to learn that the gas pedal is an analog control.

People who grew up driving FWD simply don't know how to do this. I hear the bitching from my cop buddies about how the "kids" are always wrecking the few remaining crown vics.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Motronic posted:

People who grew up driving FWD simply don't know how to do this. I hear the bitching from my cop buddies about how the "kids" are always wrecking the few remaining crown vics.

Speaking as a P71 owner, I can confirm that you can bring that big bitch's rear end around surprisingly easily, especially if you turn the traction control off.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
https://auc.japancardirect.com/aj-2Q95kRTvji3QZkt.htm

Only registered members can see post attachments!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

:doit:

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Darchangel posted:

Speaking as a P71 owner, I can confirm that you can bring that big bitch's rear end around surprisingly easily, especially if you turn the traction control off.
Mine was one of the early Aeros with the "low speed traction control" that doesn't have a defeat switch. I got really good at finding the ABS fuse under the dash by feel.

And yes, they have some real momentum when that rear end starts swinging, I'd imagine especially in cop trim with a full trunk of gear.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Sold the Aero Tune last week, sold the Delica tonight. Got the Corolla II out so I can start work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdo2wNzXfuA

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Hell yes, looks so good. Spotted everdave's in the background also. Twin Pajero Minis!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Heck yeah!!!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Those both look amazing.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Weird in my thread headcanon you guys are on different sides of the country

i obviously don’t pay attention :v:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Snowy posted:

Weird in my thread headcanon you guys are on different sides of the country

i obviously don’t pay attention :v:

The Pajero Minis are still in Japan. They'll just be riding the next ship out together, though they will not exit to the same US port.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those kick rear end, so cool!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Those are the spartanest of rear sides, I love it!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Addzest brand stereo with Minidisc. Hell yeah. Also I didn't know Mitsubishi made a 5 valve head.

edit: I guess Mitsubishi were the earliest adopters:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-valve#Five_valves

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

KakerMix posted:

Looks rad, no AC but spec-wise I'd say vinyl seats are pretty desirable, especially with that mileage. Single cab is alright even if you will be hit with 25% rather than 2.5%, but where are you going to get another not-even-broken-in diesel, manual, Toyota Hilux pickup?

I didn't have time to get this inspected or bid... but it doesn't show a sale price? I know you explained when an auction result shows " 0¥" as final price but I can't remember what it was...

this is the results link: https://auc.japancardirect.com/st-2fy0mZaoWVyUvMp.htm

does this mean it wasn't sold/didn't meet reserve or something?

e: that Ajero (lol) looks really sweet

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

snugglz posted:

I didn't have time to get this inspected or bid... but it doesn't show a sale price? I know you explained when an auction result shows " 0¥" as final price but I can't remember what it was...

this is the results link: https://auc.japancardirect.com/st-2fy0mZaoWVyUvMp.htm

does this mean it wasn't sold/didn't meet reserve or something?

e: that Ajero (lol) looks really sweet

USS auction houses do not show the sales price, ever

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It seems funny to have a 4WD with a 8k RPM redline

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Didn’t wake up this morning thinking I’d own a Kei bucket truck tonight, but here we are...

5 speed, 22k actual miles

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

whoa

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Holy poo poo I want that. I dont know what I'd use it for, but Ill fond something. What are the largest mud terrains it will clear?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Use it to get in the cab of one of those huge mining dump trucks

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Motronic posted:

Holy poo poo I want that. I dont know what I'd use it for, but Ill fond something. What are the largest mud terrains it will clear?

Y’know, I’ve yet to see a top gear episode where they’ve rigged a vehicle to drive from the top of an extended bucket. Maybe there’s a thought!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Bro truck owners can use it to get in their bro trucks!

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
If you don't do a full Mr. Bucket Vinyl wrap, then why did ya even get it?

(or at least have the license plate Mr.Buckt )

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hahaha everdave is the best at buying cars. That rules so goddamned hard.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

everdave posted:

USS auction houses do not show the sales price, ever

ahhh now I remember... does it not even show how far off you were if you bid on it?

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

snugglz posted:

ahhh now I remember... does it not even show how far off you were if you bid on it?

I think you need to rely on your broker to tell you that.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Motronic posted:

This. Times 2.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
Looks like the easiest way to hang christmas lights to me.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
1991 Hi Ace diesel camper, this one has quite the story from purchase to my driveway but I am very tired. Delivered today

everdave fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Dec 19, 2019

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Is that hello kitty in the logo? That's gotta be at least +10hp. Seriously though I love that interior. Reminds me of a 70s private plane.

You need to get a vanity plate of some permutation of 'gently caress it bucket' for that kei thing!

wilfredmerriweathr fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 19, 2019

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

The cursed camper has arrived! I hope it's smooth sailing from now on!

The woodwork you showed under that vinyl(?) looks nice!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Overall I am happy with the Hi Ace camper. If I had in it what I won it for plus shipping I would be ecstatic but through a series of unfortunate events I am in it for way over a million. But it is a super low mile Hi Ace diesel camper now with brand new timing belt/radiator/water pump/tires and should be ready to drive anywhere once I spruce it up. But I am definitely going to be selling this one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
or you could LIVE IN IT