Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's more than one, which is too many.

Disarm the police, they don't get to be executioners.

Edit: and before anyone says the next thing that is always said, step two is disarming the general population.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

A Bad Poster posted:

It's more than one, which is too many.

Disarm the police, they don't get to be executioners.

I'm genuinely curious, what do you think the number is

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Smiling Jack posted:

All the rhetorical wit to be expected of a police

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

All the rhetorical wit to be expected of a police

Anyone?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I'm going to say 100,000.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I guessed under 100 and it might be 36 from what I'm seeing.

Well, with ~60 unknowns.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Smiling Jack posted:

I don't care what the number is because it's not 0. It doesn't matter.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

A Bad Poster posted:

I don't care what the number is because it's not 0. It doesn't matter.

Well, as long as you're being reasonable.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
For my next trick I'll have you guess how many women female suspects had consensual sex with the police while wearing handcuffs!

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

or how many people shot themselves in the head while handcuffed in the back seat with a weapon that wasn't discovered

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG posted:

or how many people shot themselves in the head while handcuffed in the back seat with a weapon that wasn't discovered

If you've never been handcuffed than you'd be shocked how flexible someone in cuffs can be. Especially if they're not a fat computer touching goon.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Chichevache posted:

If you've never been handcuffed than you'd be shocked how flexible someone in cuffs can be. Especially if they're not a fat computer touching goon.

I'm sure I'd be shocked to see how flexible these people are that they're reaching into pocket dimensions to pull pistols out and kill themselves. That's definitely the most plausible scenario here.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Chichevache posted:

feel free to demonstrate my example, using yourself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Dude, that's uncalled for.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

:allears:

Edit: WTF is with this games invasion?

Godholio fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 17, 2019

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Ok, now try to explain where the magical gun came from.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Smiling Jack posted:

Idk, 5?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Ok, now try to explain where the magical gun came from.

People gently caress up sometimes. Have you ever done a pat search? Ever done one on a person who is resisting that you really dont want to touch anyway?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Chichevache posted:

People gently caress up sometimes. Have you ever done a pat search? Ever done one on a person who is resisting that you really dont want to touch anyway?

I’ve done a full physical exam on a combative demented person and they ended up living though it

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

please knock Mom! posted:

I’ve done a full physical exam on a combative demented person and they ended up living though it

presumably you didn’t have to fail an intelligence test as a prerequisite for your job

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
The two cops in here making glib jokes thinking they're rolling with the punches when people give them clear cut examples of lovely cops is pretty disgusting.

These are the good cops? These are the cops changing it from within? Get the gently caress outta here. These are the cops justifying it to themselves online while they go buddy it up with the rest of the cops at the station.

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Dec 17, 2019

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The two cops in here making glib jokes thinking they're rolling with the punches when people give them clear cut examples of lovely cops is pretty disgusting

Well to be fair all the other cops that post here are busy beating their wives

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I don't understand what's so unreasonable about saying 0 is the number we should working towards for unarmed police shootings, even if disarming the public would be required. I know that grouping everyone together on the two sides of the argument here isn't fair, I don't think I've told anyone to kill themselves for instance. But you guys seem to be trying to provide a good faith argument here for why police are doing certain things and then I'll see wanting 0 unarmed people killed is unreasonable, or It's my job to arrest people, and I'm just like "Oh.... this is as good as it gets?"

I wrote this before I saw the last 3 posts :shrug:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

I don't understand what's so unreasonable about saying 0 is the number we should working towards for unarmed police shootings, even if disarming the public would be required. I know that grouping everyone together on the two sides of the argument here isn't fair, I don't think I've told anyone to kill themselves for instance. But you guys seem to be trying to provide a good faith argument here for why police are doing certain things and then I'll see wanting 0 unarmed people killed is unreasonable, or It's my job to arrest people, and I'm just like "Oh.... this is as good as it gets?"

I wrote this before I saw the last 3 posts :shrug:

Without free reign to kill black people they wouldn’t get any recruits unfortunately

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I can appreciate the idea of inescapable complicity when participating in a corrupt institution, but do we really think these institutions would be better off without Smiling Jack and others?

Or more broadly, that reform isn't an answer?

Haven't many police departments improved in the last few decades, just not as quickly as our morals have progressed?

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Jack B Nimble posted:

I can appreciate the idea of inescapable complicity when participating in a corrupt institution

It's also hilarious coming from the mil forum of all places. All troops are babykillers, according to plenty of people.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

None of us former troops are deluding ourselves that we're changing it from the inside, maaaaannnn.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The two cops in here making glib jokes thinking they're rolling with the punches when people give them clear cut examples of lovely cops is pretty disgusting.

These are the good cops? These are the cops changing it from within? Get the gently caress outta here. These are the cops justifying it to themselves online while they go buddy it up with the rest of the cops at the station.

You're posting on a forum that has a holocaust joke on every page but you expect us to solemnly sit here while people tell us to kill ourselves? You're ridiculous. We aren't mocking the people who die or are abused, so feel free to climb down from your cross. Anyone who works in a field that involves seeing stressful poo poo is going to develop a dark sense of humor or go mad. Look at the subforum you're in and change your expectations.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

wow it only took a few posts for the ol "its a hard and stressful job and you wouldnt understand" defense to pop up

hey if its so hard and stressful that the only way you can cope is to get tanked behind the wheel, find another loving job

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I don't think the answer is to make policing even more of a race to the bottom with regards to applicants.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

so your contention is that the guy who gets plowed and falls asleep behind the wheel is already the best you can get?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Chichevache posted:

You're posting on a forum that has a holocaust joke on every page but you expect us to solemnly sit here while people tell us to kill ourselves? You're ridiculous. We aren't mocking the people who die or are abused, so feel free to climb down from your cross. Anyone who works in a field that involves seeing stressful poo poo is going to develop a dark sense of humor or go mad. Look at the subforum you're in and change your expectations.

[Posting on the pink cop forum] hey reminder we are only systemically oppressing minorities, abusing power and making excuses for our own ironically

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Nah, screw that guy, fire him and charge him. Even if the professional opinion of the other cops is that the DA won't pick up the case, fire him and charge him, and let it be on the DA when they drop it.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Crakkerjakk posted:

None of us former troops are deluding ourselves that we're changing it from the inside, maaaaannnn.

So then you're just a willing babykiller instead of a misguided one.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Jack B Nimble posted:

Nah, screw that guy, fire him and charge him. Even if the professional opinion of the other cops is that the DA won't pick up the case, fire him and charge him, and let it be on the DA when they drop it.

they wont, of course, because even that absolute minimum amount of action will be condemned by 99% of cops, the union will have a press conference where a 350lb cop union president will claim that it this is the largest injustice that has ever occured on american soil

then he will be reinstated a few months later (with back pay)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

wow it only took a few posts for the ol "its a hard and stressful job and you wouldnt understand" defense to pop up

hey if its so hard and stressful that the only way you can cope is to get tanked behind the wheel, find another loving job

Lmao this is post is so full of lies.

Jack B Nimble posted:

While I agree he should be fired, it wont just be ok the DA if the case is dropped or he gets off on the charges. If he has a union that's how you end up with the city paying out in a lawsuit for an improper firing.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Chichevache posted:

You're posting on a forum that has a holocaust joke on every page

'if others do bad things I should be allowed to do bad things'

from a cop

way to tell on yourself

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I would rather thr case get dropped than for cops to just say there’s nothing we can do about it because it’ll get thrown out. Make some effort instead of falling in line with the poo poo people loving hate. You’re perpetuating the problem people have with the system and only making people hate cops more. Put the burden on a lovely DA.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

quote:

While I agree he should be fired, it wont just be ok the DA if the case is dropped or he gets off on the charges. If he has a union that's how you end up with the city paying out in a lawsuit for an improper firing.

Ok, I hadn't thought of that, which is always the danger of dropping hot takes in some subject you're not an expert on, so let me say this instead: that guy needs some kind of stink to follow him to keep him from making a lateral transfer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
At least most of us baby killers had the presence of mind to get the gently caress out of the wholly awful systems of injustice we were members of.