Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Mesadoram posted:

Holy poo poo...

Is there a "best" type for him? I was thinking ghost but I'm not sure...

Fairy. It has excellent resistances (Fighting, Dark, Bug) and an immunity to Dragon, isn't resisted by much (Fire, Poison, Steel), fairly uncommon weaknesses (Steel and Poison), and hits super effective on some major threats (Fighting, Dark, Dragon).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It lost Hidden Power which was literally its best Technician move so uh

Yes. I'm quite familiar. I'm not allowed to mad about it though. After all it's just a game right? :downs:

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What the gently caress did you set up a bot or something to run this poo poo because gently caress that.

They call me GK.

Grind King.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nanigans posted:

Fairy. It has excellent resistances (Fighting, Dark, Bug) and an immunity to Dragon, isn't resisted by much (Fire, Poison, Steel), fairly uncommon weaknesses (Steel and Poison), and hits super effective on some major threats (Fighting, Dark, Dragon).

Forgot about how amazing pure fairy is. Gotta play around with him to see what I can conjure up.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The best type for Silvally is the one that fits with the composition of the rest of your team. You can change it at will by changing its held item. It's a bit underwhelming competitively, but it's the most versatile raider in the game by far.

If you dynamax it, the move list will always say that Multi-Attack becomes Max Strike, but in fact it becomes the move of whatever type memory it's holding.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/1206839209341915136

Pleased to announce Obstagoon is in fact good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shneak posted:

https://twitter.com/poke_times/status/1206839209341915136

Pleased to announce Obstagoon is in fact good.

Was there ever any doubt?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Ok actually the one opportunity they objectively missed is MORE OBSTAGOON. There’s several points where Team Yell are blocking your path by rehearsing or helping snake friends but every one of them would be enhanced by having Obstagoon there blocking the way.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TheHan posted:

Ok actually the one opportunity they objectively missed is MORE OBSTAGOON. There’s several points where Team Yell are blocking your path by rehearsing or helping snake friends but every one of them would be enhanced by having Obstagoon there blocking the way.
As long as you're not trying to get rid of the Mr. Mime that makes an invisible wall.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

As long as you're not trying to get rid of the Mr. Mime that makes an invisible wall.

No, no. He’s good. He stays.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Sea Lily posted:

Ribombee with Speed Swap is getting a lot of use paired with Snorlax in doubles right now. beyond that yeah trick room is probably the strat
:stare:
I was planning on using my shiny ribombee solely as a sticky web setter, I had no idea speed swap was a thing. What a good bug!!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Is showdown still down, I want to try a meta free from the dynamax taint

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

TheHan posted:

Oh my god IT IS. They used an instrumental in the dub but it’s absolutely the same.

It’s been...13 years...I’m ready to die now.

Not just the dub but the original as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUvO-CR1DM

The dub kept most of the instrumental versions of the Japanese openings, especially OK which they used well into Hoenn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgueRxgnCt4

They kept at it until the tail end of Sinnoh, where they started doing entirely their own stuff. It's a shame, especially during the Ash-Greninja fights where the dub music does not sell the fight at all.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

This is my absolute favourite piece of music from the entire franchise. It hasn't gotten old 17 (:corsair:) years later.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Been trying to catch a G-max Snorlax for days now, solo since finding a group seems broken. Just got a Clefairy, Wobbuffet, and Eevee in the same group. Fuuuuuuck these NPCs, what a god awful design choice. Why can’t I choose my NPCs? :feelsbadman:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Been trying to catch a G-max Snorlax for days now, solo since finding a group seems broken. Just got a Clefairy, Wobbuffet, and Eevee in the same group. Fuuuuuuck these NPCs, what a god awful design choice. Why can’t I choose my NPCs? :feelsbadman:

They're completely suicidal. Bringing fire types to a rock/water raid. Flimsy Clefairy using Follow Me. Eevee that only uses Helping Hand, which doesn't bring down the bar so we can do actual damage.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

It's almost if the NPCs were designed on purpose to be terrible or something. :v:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

wafflemoose posted:

It's almost if the NPCs were designed on purpose to be terrible or something. :v:

This exactly. They're a punishment for not hooking up with other players. An act easier said than done with the lovely online system.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yeah this wouldn't be an issue if they game had a decent online system with a queue system or just like...actually let you refresh whenever to see if your friends are doing something instead of just letting you do it at random maybe.

Like a lot of the changes it wouldn't be an issue if the replacement/solutions weren't just as bad.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Like a lot of the changes it wouldn't be an issue if the replacement/solutions weren't just as bad.

- Pokemon Sword and Shield, 2019

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
No one wants to help me with most of my 5* :(

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Not just the dub but the original as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHUvO-CR1DM

The dub kept most of the instrumental versions of the Japanese openings, especially OK which they used well into Hoenn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgueRxgnCt4

They kept at it until the tail end of Sinnoh, where they started doing entirely their own stuff. It's a shame, especially during the Ash-Greninja fights where the dub music does not sell the fight at all.

Yesss, YES! It's so good! I'm surprised they kept that music in, forever and a half ago I would follow this blog that detailed dub changes to the anime and the fact that they took out all the original tracks was always aggravating for them.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Beachcomber posted:

No one wants to help me with most of my 5* :(

I have like dozens of pokegoons on my friendslist and usually have about 5 people online in game and I still only see the raids like minutes after they're finished because the refresh rate is seemingly random.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It’s broken

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh drat it i never realized farfetch'd was a version exclusive, my policy of always picking the 2nd version has finally backfired :negative:

so uh if anyone has a spare female farfetch'd and needs to finish a trade evolution or something(or wants this larvitar that i somehow got through wonder trades) hit me up

my main online complaint is why did they get rid of the ds trading system, i know there was a flood of people who were like "give me a mew for this rattata" but it was super-useful for getting version exclusives

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

i got a shiny lvl 100 hyper trained ditto with poke disease through a surprise trade and it looks super suss so ive chucked it into a corner of an empty box until i decide what to do with it u_u

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Shiny Centiskorch acquired! With that I've reached my goal of a whole team of shiny bug pokemon. Soon I will claim my rightful place as the Bug Gym Leader.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smiles posted:

i got a shiny lvl 100 hyper trained ditto with poke disease through a surprise trade and it looks super suss so ive chucked it into a corner of an empty box until i decide what to do with it u_u

use it for breeding, who cares

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

its hyper trained tho meaning that its not even a useful breeding partner? why the heck would someone hack something like this

maybe ill just toss it back into the ether and let someone else figure it out

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If a raid ditto transforms in to a mon with self-destruct can it self destruct to instantly end the fight or does the move fail?

Nanigans posted:

Thanks!

I know regular Dynamax Charizard is strictly better than G-Max, but do you have a breakdown on the other G-Max moves/'mons compared to the standard Dynamax ones?

Why/how is regular Charizard better?

ConanThe3rd posted:

They need to do covers of KISS songs with those cosutmes yesterday.

Gene Simmons hates plagiarism unless it's his son trying to copy Bleach.

Zuzie posted:

I mostly use Eternatus because I'm done playing "fair" after facing several Centiskorch with White Smoke as their ability. It does struggle with some Ice, Psychic and Ground types, but otherwise its bulky enough to shrug off most attacks.

Unless it's a steel/ice/fairy type, d-max cannon just destroys targets. 100 power plus STAB and then doubled again because the target is d-maxxed on a mon with 400+ s.atk means it's doing 5-10% max HP of a lot of stuff even through the hp barrier.

Mikemo Tyson posted:

If you could pick your NPCs the online play would be dead. Most people would just grab some combination of Hop/Leon/Marnie/Bede/Gym leaders and not risk players bringing bad setups because there's no "queue for the first available raid of X stars or higher" option. Getting others in your raid is a crapshoot because the refresh is just awful.

AI should dynamax in a raid if the PC(s) bring legendaries. Because if you don't dynamax in the post game fights they will if the enemy lives for more than a single turn.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The first step they could take to fixing SWSH online is remove the notification for surprise trades. You can't interact with them in any way and they flood out the stickers you CAN interact with.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smiles posted:

its hyper trained tho meaning that its not even a useful breeding partner? why the heck would someone hack something like this

maybe ill just toss it back into the ether and let someone else figure it out

might as well get some pokerus out of it then if you don't already have it

after that though yeah just send it back to the internet

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

TheHan posted:

Yesss, YES! It's so good! I'm surprised they kept that music in, forever and a half ago I would follow this blog that detailed dub changes to the anime and the fact that they took out all the original tracks was always aggravating for them.
Yeah a lot of the in-game music aside from the battle themes tended to get replaced with music from the first three movies and Pikachu specials. On the other hand, we have this really reoccurring music sting that I can't figure out from where it originated from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxF44JvLb_k
I spent more time than I really should've trying to find it and still nothing, but at some point around mid-late Hoenn/early sinnoh it's Everywhere

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

did ash lose the alola league

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yinlock posted:

did ash lose the alola league

No he won and he even beat Kukui in the exhibition match.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No he won and he even beat Kukui in the exhibition match.

what the gently caress

this goes against everything i've ever known about ash

next you'll be telling me he didn't dump all his good pokemon in the river immediately afterwards

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yinlock posted:

what the gently caress

this goes against everything i've ever known about ash

next you'll be telling me he didn't dump all his good pokemon in the river immediately afterwards

No he left them in Alola. Didn't even take them to Oak's.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

One of the Gods themselves came down to deny Ash's victory and he still kicked Kukui's rear end.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i guess ash just has a higher power level for island leagues then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why/how is regular Charizard better?

They did things backwards and made regular dynamax moves better. Dynamax charizard sets up weather while gigantamax zard merely sets up fire spin.