Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i never felt as satisfied learning and defeating bosses in any of the other games than i did in sekiro, but bloodborne is still my goat for overall presentation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

star eater posted:

i never felt as satisfied learning and defeating bosses in any of the other games than i did in sekiro, but bloodborne is still my goat for overall presentation

Basically how I feel about it too. BB is still #1 in my mind for the music, look, and the introduction to switch weapons which ruined previous souls games for me. BB & Sekiro are the only fromsoft games I'm interested in ever playing again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It's kind of a 3-way tie for me between BB, Sekiro and DS1.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

They somehow balanced it perfectly so that the first time i beat several bosses I was on a sliver of health with no more flasks or resurrections. It's incredible.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The first time I "killed" the ape and saw what happened next was an all-time :staredog: moment

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

star eater posted:

Same. I went into Bloodborne almost blind and by the time the Hypogean Goal happened the game had its hooks in me so deep. On the other hand it's hard for me to even rank Soulsborne games because they're like Metal Gear Solid in that every installment does some things uniquely or better than all the others.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i wish i lived in the hunters dream irl

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i wish i lived in the hunters dream irl

bicyclops lives there now.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Sword Saint is driving me insane. I've got close on the last phase once or twice but then I get greedy and zapped. I find phase 3 really hard, the first two are fine but once he has the spear I struggle to get close to him.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aston posted:

Sword Saint is driving me insane. I've got close on the last phase once or twice but then I get greedy and zapped. I find phase 3 really hard, the first two are fine but once he has the spear I struggle to get close to him.
it's not really that different to phase 2 other than the lightning. I found it easier because the lightning counter thing absolutely wrecks his stamina

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Lightning counter is the coolest thing in the game

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's not really that different to phase 2 other than the lightning. I found it easier because the lightning counter thing absolutely wrecks his stamina

ah I was including the pre boss. The transition from just sword to sword and spear (1 to 2 of sword saint) is the tricky bit.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
maybe i just got lucky with the AI but i found the spear addition to make things easier since he would constantly try to thrust at me and invite a Mikiri counter.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
take this with a huge grain of salt since i still haven't gotten past that phase but he seems to be so aggressive and try to stab you so often just keep deflecting and countering and you'll get him sooner than later vs trying to get close and beating on him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

imo be aggressive as gently caress. He doesn't have much stamina at all, don't give him a chance to breathe and the fight will be over very quickly (one way or another). Man, what a great boss...

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

imo be aggressive as gently caress. He doesn't have much stamina at all, don't give him a chance to breathe and the fight will be over very quickly (one way or another). Man, what a great boss...

Yeah, this is the key to most bosses in the game and it took me way too long to learn it. Most of Isshin's perilous attacks are ones you can mikiri counter. If you stay in close you can bait him into those attacks and wear down his posture. And if he pulls out the gun he will always do an attack that can be mikiri countered if you deflect all four bullets

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love this game

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I was playing on NG+ so my solution is to play through the whole game again on a new save. No regrets.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the combat isnt as smooth and the story is hot garbage but the new star wars game plays like a sekiro mod with star wars assets/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

the combat isnt as smooth and the story is hot garbage but the new star wars game plays like a sekiro mod with star wars assets/
it's definitely not cool to admit this but I'm a star wars head and want to play it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

:blastu::blastu::blastu::blastu:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Finally playing this. It pwns and feels so good at 60fps

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna play this when christmas holidaays start this weekend and I wrap up DS

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

sekiro is ftw and afaik it sold way more than bloodborne so it might get a sequel after elden ring is done :getin:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Its too bad theure going back to awful dark souls games now with George rr Martin mature fantasy writing

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think Elden Rings is a b-team game..

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

I think Elden Rings is a b-team game..

doesnt matter anymore......dark soyls 3 was cool

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

I still need to play the DLC...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I can probably ne ver go back to Slow Souls though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

twas trash and we needs but look at thine iq in red text to'mst prove it

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

This game is just fighting big rear end retards ftw

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I wish there was a Making Of for sekiro or something, would really like to know when/why they chose to transition from a Tenchu game to this. also Sekiro def sold more than BB because BB was $300 (worth every cent) and sekiro is on a bunch of platforms

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

I can probably ne ver go back to Slow Souls though.

imho 1 and 3 are basically as fast as u wanna be, if you know what ur doing.. gently caress ds2 tho

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

God this game absolutely loving rules. What the hell.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You can deflect any attack that doesnt have a red kanji if you time it right, right? Juzou is scaring me... Can I really deflect such poewrful attacks...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*lets calls from Death Stranding go to voicemail*

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

net cafe scandal posted:

You can deflect any attack that doesnt have a red kanji if you time it right, right? Juzou is scaring me... Can I really deflect such poewrful attacks...

I'm pretty sure you can deflect red kanji/perilous attacks if they're sweeps or thrusts but you have to time those just right. I don't think you can deflect perilous grab attacks though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Can I really deflect such poewrful attacks...

Reminds me of Revengance lol

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I'm pretty sure you can deflect red kanji/perilous attacks if they're sweeps or thrusts but you have to time those just right. I don't think you can deflect perilous grab attacks though.

you can't deflect sweeps, you have to jump them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The first kanji lad says jump sweeps back off from grabs and parry the third.