Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

The Bloop posted:

I got this one at switch launch and I like it a lot:

I don't know if they're still produced but you can get one for like :10bux: on ebay

Excellent case. Would highly recommend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Sonic worked when you didn't have a lot of games to play as level memorization gave the game some extra replay value - you got to go faster as a reward. Sonic 2 did this even better: as a kid, I had the normal and bonus levels on lock-down and could get all the Chaos Emeralds and go Super Sonic before the first zone's boss. From that point forward all you had to do was watch out for pitfall/crushing deaths.

Even better was Sonic 2's race-through-the-levels competition mode. My siblings and I used hit that hard, getting so good that keeping up with each other would require near perfection at the levels.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Satisfye slim case is perfect if you're already using the cradle. I adore it.

I had a vivid dream that we got a Dark Cloud 1/2 remake collection on the Switch and I am crestfallen to wake up and be assaulted with our grim reality.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Hobo Clown posted:

I have this one and it's great, but I wish it had room for the charging plug. Any trip I'm going on where I need to bring the case I'm also gonna need to charge the Switch and I always have to pack it separately.

Yeah, that doesn't bother me though because it has room for just the cable and when I'm traveling I just charge it with the same plug I use for my phone.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Stardew Valley 1.4 patch dropped on Switch this morning, in case anyone's been itching to farm and sad that RF4 remake isn't out yet. Big patch.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Junkie Disease posted:

Already had it and just this game so far

Civ 6 also

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Sega made great arcade games, but then arcades died.

Not if you live in Japan!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

All Sonic games except Mario and Sonic at the Olympics Tokyo 2020 are irredeemable garbage. Not Sorry

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The only good game is BioWare's Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Sonic is fun and has really, really, REALLY good music.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

big cummers ONLY posted:

Does anyone really like their travel case? There's a billion on Amazon and I don't know which one to get. Really just want something inexpensive but protective enough. Doesn't need to be able to hold anything more than the switch and the attached joycons.
Looks like you may have picked one out already but I wanted to mention the one I'm using: https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Nintendo-Original-Hardshell-Cartridges-Accessory/dp/B07C3Z8FFC

It is ridiculously slim and hugs the Switch super-tight, so much so that it has little bump-outs for the sticks and buttons. It claims to offer "military-grade protection" and well, I did actually drop it in a parking lot in the rain this morning, and the Switch is fine, so I guess I can kinda vouch for that!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Minidust posted:

Looks like you may have picked one out already but I wanted to mention the one I'm using: https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-Nintendo-Original-Hardshell-Cartridges-Accessory/dp/B07C3Z8FFC

It is ridiculously slim and hugs the Switch super-tight, so much so that it has little bump-outs for the sticks and buttons. It claims to offer "military-grade protection" and well, I did actually drop it in a parking lot in the rain this morning, and the Switch is fine, so I guess I can kinda vouch for that!

Whenever I see military-grade as a selling point I’m like “it was made by the lowest bidder?”

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Jables88 posted:

It's a strange criticism to make of DQXI since it's far more forgiving in this way than basically any JRPG I've played, but you are right that Pokemon makes this even easier. I suppose it's because it's for literal children but looking back it used to be surprisingly easy to get stuck in a Pokemon game.

And I like that it's more forgiving, I think it's just after coming from games that made it more obvious, it feels more prominent in it's lack of handholding.

bbcisdabomb posted:

There's a way to see the story reminder stuff from the Misc menu in-game, if that helps.

Ah, yeah that's where I found it before when I got stuck. Thanks for the reminder.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So I gave the dragon quest XI demo a shot and I gotta say overall I'm very pleasantly surprised by it! I'm 5 hours in and despite being by the numbers it does so in a really polished, streamlined, fun way and the story and presentation style is really really good! the music is awesome and the characters so far are nice, what finally hooked me is the 'point of no return' of the story was much more interestingly told than I was expecting, the akira toriyama aesthetic really rocks for this game and the grind, battle and leveling up is as simple, streamlined, easy-in easy out as can be. This game has definitely earned itself to be put 'on the list' after my initial dismissal of it, and honestly it was a stroke of genius on the publishers part to allow such a generous demo portion because now I 'get it' in a way I never would've had I just gone by surface impressions, it brings back fond memories of my wee self playing tales of symphonia without the annoying parts that would put me off if I tried going back to it now.

Nice surprise!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

DQXI is extremely earnest and extremely charming. I loved it.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I’m on day four of playing the DBQBII demo without hitting the “pwease buy” prompt. I’m expecting a “want to kill the last boss? Pay now!” prompt in a month or so. :haw:

I also downloaded the DQ11 demo, but I’m on this strange journey of trying to figure out when this demo expires.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
DQXI is fantastic but it is anime so it occasionally gets slightly too horny for how earnest it is

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Dragon Quest isn’t really by the numbers so much as it is the numbers.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Has anyone with Shovel Knight Treasure Trove been able to get King of Cards working on 3DS? I downloaded the Update, but the King Knight campaign doesn’t seem to be an option when I start a new game.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I've been enjoying the DQ11 dmeo off and on, but I've only put in...10? hours? over the past three months. It's good and earnest, it just hasn't caught my attention like Mario Maker 2 (which I have played constantly since getting it with my first voucher) and Bloodstained.

I still might use my second voucher on DQ11, but I'm in no great rush to do so. If I finish Bloodstained, get done with Celeste, pick up and then finish Baba is You and/or Obra Dinn, etc, maybe I'll finish getting DQ 11.

EDIT: Also, are there any cheats for Gungeon on Switch? I'd love to have Gungeon on a mobile platform, but the prospect of unlocking everything again makes me want to die.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 17, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I thought his rear end was the same size but he now has massive thighs that make it seem smaller by comparison?

This is the case, his thighs are big as poo poo now making the rest of this lower torso look strangely small.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

SeXReX posted:

Sonic robo blast 2 is the best sonic game and that's a doom wad

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
2D Sonic requires a lot of map knowledge in order to feel fast enough to be fun and I think that puts off olds like me and maybe the average goon.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I feel like Wario Land 4 was a better game about running than most Sonic games.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Cervixalot posted:

Has anyone with Shovel Knight Treasure Trove been able to get King of Cards working on 3DS? I downloaded the Update, but the King Knight campaign doesn’t seem to be an option when I start a new game.

Updating it requires some specific steps, it's all on Yacht Club's website

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

spit on my clit posted:

shulk is a boring twink with no rear end or mass. snake has mass, no rear end. this is a problem. ganondorf is too bara, captain falcon is too flamboyant, but snake is the perfect male. was, rather. he has no rear end now. with no rear end, he is flawed. a shell of his former self. he is not truly a perfect clone of big boss, for big boss had the most supple behind of any private mercenary that ever lived. why do you think he was "big" boss? because he shot down The Boss? No. His glory days are right behind him. and this, is the problem with feminism. by accentuating sexy women, we start losing focus of what really matters: sexy men. nobody wants to look at big titties, why do you think they redesigned lara croft? it wasn't to make her more "realistic", it was to make her more boyish, because all character designers in a triple a setting just make boyish looking girls nowadays, because they just refuse to come out of the closet. sakurai should be falling away from this. samus is just nintendo's redesigned lara croft.

The Bloop posted:

DQXI is fantastic but it is anime so it occasionally gets slightly too horny for how earnest it is

God drat this horny thread.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Evil Fluffy posted:

God drat this horny thread.

:chast2b:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm horny for Kirby, the Succ King.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I know this has been asked a hundred times probably, but if the last time I ever touched Skyrim was at initial launch in 2011 on PS3, is it worth picking up on Switch to experience the DLC's, and be portable? I wouldn't bother but since it's 50% it's a filthy carrot dangling in front of me.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

I can't believe my innocent purchase would cause a Sonic-themed goonsplosion. I'm going to make a brand new fursona and enjoy my Black Friday gold points 3D Sonic game where said fursona is Sonic'a close personal friend and probably goes on a date with Blaze the Cat or something.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Been playing the heck out of Slay The Spire. Any other recommendations for either card fight games (steamworld quest) or games where you do the same thing but unlock more as you die (enter the gungeon, binding of isaac)?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

drunken officeparty posted:

games where you do the same thing but unlock more as you die (enter the gungeon, binding of isaac)?

Rogue Legacy, Dead Cells, Tangledeep

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Jcam posted:

I know this has been asked a hundred times probably, but if the last time I ever touched Skyrim was at initial launch in 2011 on PS3, is it worth picking up on Switch to experience the DLC's, and be portable? I wouldn't bother but since it's 50% it's a filthy carrot dangling in front of me.

I think it's worth it, I have only played Skyrim on the Switch and it's been very fun to play in little spurts and then just suspend the game and come back later.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Been playing the heck out of Slay The Spire. Any other recommendations for either card fight games (steamworld quest) or games where you do the same thing but unlock more as you die (enter the gungeon, binding of isaac)?

It’s not a Switch game, but Night of the Full Moon has a huge cult following in the iOS thread. It’s pretty drat amazing for what it is.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/night-of-the-full-moon/id1278845241

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Someone’s posted about buying “Labyrinth of the Witch” earlier so that might be an alright one of those?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jcam posted:

Grab it for $30. It's perfectly fine.

I'd never touch it again without mods but I've done literally everything in the base game.
The DLCs add a decent amount so just go hogwild.

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug

^Final results screen

Celeste is really good, and the difficulty curve is pretty much perfect. If I just jumped straight into the B-Sides, I would have dropped the game instantly. But the game does such a good job building you up to it.
After a certain point I got into this mental loop of 'I can't do this' -> 'I think I can do this' -> 'I did it!'. And... 35 hours later, the loop is over and the extra stages are finished. The moon berry can wait

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Luigi's Mansion DLC
https://luigismansion.nintendo.com/buy-now/#dlc

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
No chest hair.

This is an outrage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

BadMedic posted:

^Final results screen

Celeste is really good, and the difficulty curve is pretty much perfect. If I just jumped straight into the B-Sides, I would have dropped the game instantly. But the game does such a good job building you up to it.
After a certain point I got into this mental loop of 'I can't do this' -> 'I think I can do this' -> 'I did it!'. And... 35 hours later, the loop is over and the extra stages are finished. The moon berry can wait

Holy crap. You are very very good at Celeste. My death totals are many multiples of yours