Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

J-Ro posted:

I don't think I've seen a single Freelance event yet, but I'm digging this card and the opening scramble was bangin'.

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1205684445031714816

They're great! The cards are great. You have chosen Well tonight.

I, for one, appreciate seeing Acid Jazz in 2019, he was on WCPW in the early aughts in pleather Jncos.

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Josh Alexander in Freelance, haha holy poo poo, did I miss a memo about AAW letting people work other Chicago feds??

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Deathlove posted:

They're great! The cards are great. You have chosen Well tonight.

Do they have any stand out events I should check out, because I'm digging what I'm seeing so far.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

J-Ro posted:

Do they have any stand out events I should check out, because I'm digging what I'm seeing so far.

They're all basically like this! Bunch of good-great matches with stories that span A While. Kylie-Page is gonna be fiiiiire.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Deathlove posted:

Josh Alexander in Freelance, haha holy poo poo, did I miss a memo about AAW letting people work other Chicago feds??

I assume he's following Page, especially since he's likely losing the belt in two weeks.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

I assume he's following Page, especially since he's likely losing the belt in two weeks.

:negative:

Cheerful Wrestling Show :dance:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Freelance are great, Limitless are great, Black Label Pro are fantastic. Cheerful Wrestling Show is cute as hell.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i forgot i have a independent wrestling tv account. Whats been good the last few months?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

i forgot i have a independent wrestling tv account. Whats been good the last few months?

Slamilton was a good show, Flying V Fights is a lot of fun. King Of Trios is all up now and has some great stuff. Plus just watch Uncharted Territory.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Cheerful Wrestling Show

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm legit sad I can't make the next Flying V show. Yeah give them a watch.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
not a big fan of markus crane but this is awful news

https://twitter.com/CasanovaVal666/status/1205981986453676034

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hold the gently caress up, Mark Pobanz?

As in Hangman Mark Pobanz?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

hold the gently caress up, Mark Pobanz?

As in Hangman Mark Pobanz?

That guy’s name was Bruce wasn’t it?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

sportsgenius86 posted:

That guy’s name was Bruce wasn’t it?

Oh that’s right. I wonder if they’re related.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I guess CZW’s cage didn’t explode.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

I guess CZW’s cage didn’t explode.

Did the crowd scream "YOU hosed UP?"

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.
What is the deal with warrior wrestling. I read people mentioning the guy who runs it is a catholic school principal but that's all I've really heard. The cards always look pretty stacked but I've never really watched much. Its not affiliated with the ultimate warrior is it?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Diar posted:

What is the deal with warrior wrestling. I read people mentioning the guy who runs it is a catholic school principal but that's all I've really heard. The cards always look pretty stacked but I've never really watched much. Its not affiliated with the ultimate warrior is it?

the school's mascot is the warriors. its run by the school faculty and is according to a lot of wrestler reports one of the better paying indies and treats the wrestlers well with no bullshit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A wrestling company so amateurish it doesn't know to do things like "not pay your talent or treat them with basic dignity."

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.
Hmm they just put warrior 7 on highspots I will have to give it a go.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

As far as I know it’s a mark principal who uses it as a fundraiser for his school. But the school makes money, the wrestlers make money and I’ve never heard a complaint about any aspect of it.

Also, if it’s like any other catholic fundraiser, the talent probably eats better there than any other shows they work

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They have their entire 4th show up for free on Youtube if you have a spare few hours and are interested in seeing more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmeFCzXf7q0

Card:

A six-way match with Ace Austin, Andrew Everett, Rich Swann, Gringo Loco, Bryce Benjamin and Isaias Velasquez
Brian Pillman Jr vs Robert Anthony
Wardlow vs Moose
Kylie Rae vs Britt Baker
Eddie Edwards vs Austin Aries
A three-way tag match with Kongo Kong & Hornswoggle, Space Pirates (Space Monkey & Shane Sabre) and 4 Star Heroes (Chris Castro & Matt Knicks)
DJZ vs Sammy Guevara
LA Park vs Sam Adonis
Jordynne Grace defending the PROGRESS women's title against Lisa Marie Varon
Brian Cage defending the world title in a fourway against each member of the Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Trey Miguel and Zachary Wentz)
SCU (Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky) vs OVE (Sami Callihan, and Dave and Jake Crist)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

We are still awaiting final calculation, but it looks like Warrior 7 netted in the neighborhood of $10,000 for scholarship and student activitiies at Marian Catholic High School. Thank you so much for your ongoing support of Warrior Wrestling!

had this on my clipboard so there's that from their post-show email blast

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I have no idea how they can spend so much on talent and production and still make money. They do own the building though, and probably have most of the equipment like projectors and such...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they probably own the equipment and have volunteers staff everything for free. so you just pay for talent and offset it with ticket sales, parking, and VOD sales and it might be feasible?

Dlowmx
Feb 5, 2007
Eh
The venue is usually a huge chunk of profits. You’d also be surprised how little some Indy wrestlers work for.

Also, concessions run a huge profit

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Dlowmx posted:

The venue is usually a huge chunk of profits. You’d also be surprised how cheap some Indy wrestlers work for

Especially if there's an associated good cause

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I have no idea how they can spend so much on talent and production and still make money. They do own the building though, and probably have most of the equipment like projectors and such...

The guy that runs it did an interview with Rich from Voices of Wrestling last year and said he doesn't have to pay for the venue, he has a hook up to rent the ring for free, and he has another hook up for the lighting and sound. People are willing to donate time and equipment since its a benefit for the school. He has almost none of the costs everyone else has to pay to run a wrestling promotion.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh right they also just buy kegs and have PTA ladies selling beer

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

I am definitely gonna watch some of the older shows. Warrior 7 was pretty drat good the two undercard matches were a little iffy but everything else was good to great. That Suzuki and Filthy Tom match is by far the best match I've ever seen from Lawlor.

It's good to know that it's a legit place that is able to use really good wrestling as a way to do some positive things. I guess I was mostly just confused how it seemed to spring up out of nowhere and put on such high caliber cards with pretty good production values. It's really refreshing to know it's just a guy using ingenuity and what he has at hand to make a good product that also helps people.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I mean the charity in question is private high school scholarships so it's not like we're talking about amnesty international

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

This card may be good....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6MDE7QFsGF

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

You had me at "Live Debate"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

its a shame we won't actually get a match

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

its a shame we won't actually get a match

I do and also don't want to see them wrestle. Mostly don't.

also I bought a ticket for this show before anything else involving Mania weekend, including my plane ticket

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wish the warrior championship was a cool rear end helmet instead of a belt

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

I mean the charity in question is private high school scholarships so it's not like we're talking about amnesty international

Very true but it's still better than some of the scumbags that seem to be involved running promotions. I will take a little bit of an up over a big rear end down anytime.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Finally catching up on Beyond and Eddie Kingston is a blessing on commentary. Like, I don't know that I need him for two hours or whatever, but just a few matches here and there for flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Deathlove posted:

Finally catching up on Beyond and Eddie Kingston is a blessing on commentary. Like, I don't know that I need him for two hours or whatever, but just a few matches here and there for flavor.

He was always fun doing color for Chikara and IWA-MS, too

One time Arik Cannon countered a running move with a stiff punch, and Kingston lost his poo poo in hilarious fashion. I know they don't really need him but Kingston as PnP's manager in AEW would rule.