Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Imagine spending 5 grand on a trash drawing from the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

McSpergin posted:

MrSpiffy posted:

I have come out of my cave of being an internet has-been to purchase this. I have the winning bid.

Roll your eyes all you want - I think this drawing is important.

I was there for the original thread, and the SA forums of that time period formed my dumbass sense of humor. That single piece of art, with the jaunty leg tilt, crotch bulge, and unorthodox card handling technique, has brought me more joy than just about any weird internet thing I've ever encountered. It's pure art - drawn by someone with genuine intent to contribute to a collaborative internet project, and like a fuckin herald of the cesspool internet to come, that project flamed out as internet strangers from around the world came together to dunk hard on it. It's one of the earliest examples of how a bunch of anonymous strangers with mixed intentions collaboratively created something far greater than the sum of its parts, and must be preserved.

This drawing and the ideas it inspired brought people together. It continues to do so. The artist claimed that dumb gently caress $150,000 banana taped to a wall is worth that much because of the "idea" of it. If so, then what is the endless fount of inspiration that this drawing represents worth?

Like the balls on the edge of the cliff, forever appearing and knocking the next one down, Johnny Five Aces will go on forever motherfuckers.

I eagerly anticipate receiving this, getting it properly framed, and lending it out to any art exhibits of internet ephemera that might happen to pop up.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Is Freddie Wong Mcspiffy?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Lol that rant doesn't justify it personally but to each his own I guess. I'd rather spend 5k on something more useful like a month in Japan

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Queen Combat posted:

Is Freddie Wong Mcspiffy?

yes, and thank goodness for them

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dash Rendar posted:

yes, and thank goodness for them

:hai:

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

It paid off some of the original artist's debts, so that's cool.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yestermoment posted:

It paid off some of the original artist's debts, so that's cool.

Yeah at the very least its not going to another rich person for money laundering and purposes.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah at the very least its not going to another rich person for money laundering and purposes.

Who do you think he owes the debts to?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Facebook Aunt posted:

Powerful energy.

Did this channel hire a white dude to explain English memes?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

John Lee posted:

Who do you think he owes the debts to?

people paying off debts is bad for corporations. Much better to have people making minimum payments forever just to keep up with interest.

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

McSpergin posted:

That's not the worst part. The worst part is that he couldn't even be bothered to bid an extra 69 cents. Breaking the $3420.69 bid price for nothing.

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Poseidon was god of the seas and storms for a group of people that lived largely on islands, coasts, and peninsulas. If anything Hades was the lame-rear end brother.

E:

Also he's the god of horses which seems like a weird add-on to his divine portfolio, but I didn't make the rules.

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 16:27 on Dec 18, 2019

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Poseidon was god of the seas and storms for a group of people that lived largely on islands, coasts, and peninsulas. If anything Hades was the lame-rear end brother.

E:

Also he's the god of horses which seems like a weird add-on to his divine portfolio, but I didn't make the rules.

Buddy, haven't you heard of sea horses???

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Who What Now posted:

E:

I looked it up and apparently he made a horse on a challenge?

"When Poseidon desired Demeter, she asked Poseidon to create the world's most beautiful animal in an attempt to cool off his advances. As a result, Poseidon created the first horse and also became the God of horses. In some versions of this story, several other types of animals were created before the horse as a result of Poseidon's several unsuccessful attempts. By the time the horse was created, Poseidon's passion for Demeter had waned."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeremypgordon/status/1207316600698920962

The BBC

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Well, I mean, at this point Zyborne Clock is historically important as far as the interwebs goes. People know who Johnny Five Aces is. He's a meme now as are the cliff balls.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ya I spent $2,500 on concept art for the original Hampster Dance

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL if you're not saving up to buy the wedding ring from Kirk Johnson.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
FreddieW has the money and seems like a pretty cool dude, so I'm glad for it? Can't judge what ya spend your money on, and I bought a motorcycle once for around the same price so whatevs, JFA is a much better use IMO

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Queen Combat posted:

FreddieW has the money and seems like a pretty cool dude, so I'm glad for it? Can't judge what ya spend your money on, and I bought a motorcycle once for around the same price so whatevs, JFA is a much better use IMO

Johnny fiveaces would work better for picking up chicks tbh

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Queen Combat posted:

I bought a motorcycle once for around the same price so whatevs,

Yeah but you can't ride Johnny Five Aces to the store.

....can you?

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Who What Now posted:

E:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm so happy about this final(???) chapter in the johnny fiveaces saga. It even got a BBC article, amazing

In celebration, here's one of my favorite zybourne memes

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL if you're not saving up to buy the wedding ring from Kirk Johnson.

I’d legit buy that piece of history

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm so happy about this final(???) chapter in the johnny fiveaces saga. It even got a BBC article, amazing

Do you have the link?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
BBC article on Johnny Fiveaces.

SA stays relevant in n 2019.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

loving lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

got a new version for you

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

bird up and heal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
paying rent is often harder on the landlord

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Hihohe posted:

Fuckin' :yeah:. That is good.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hihohe posted:

wow yeah this is super nice

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vyelkin posted:

paying rent is often harder on the landlord

indeed :thermidor:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Who What Now posted:

E:

this might help: