Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Onmi posted:

Even though I'm directly contradicting my own idea written earlier, I do kinda appreciate that the consistent most devastating force power... remains Force Lightning.

And even then, it's shown that anyone with a lightsaber can deflect it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

commando in tophat posted:

It was some time since I saw Wars in the Stars movies, but does Leia wear that robe outside of original film? Or is this just for pure nostalgia overload?

She wears it in rogue one

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
I just have to laugh at them spending billions on the Star Wars parks right when production on the first movies started and then completely basing those parks on the gamble that people will care about this trilogy more than the previous ones.

What a waste of time and possibility.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

euphronius posted:

She wears it in rogue one

That doesn't count though since we see her just 15 minutes prior to ANH

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

SyRauk posted:

I just have to laugh at them spending billions on the Star Wars parks right when production on the first movies started and then completely basing those parks on the gamble that people will care about this trilogy more than the previous ones.

What a waste of time and possibility.

more and more i believe that rumor that disney's been intentionally not using OT/ST locations because they'd have to pay lucas royalties to use them

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/rilaws/status/1207208881186844672?s=20

https://twitter.com/JustinCChang/status/1207214381685043201?s=20

https://twitter.com/alissamarie/status/1207209677051875328?s=20

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

kilus aof posted:

Three way tie with Kennedy, JJ and Iger.

Iger for the rushed timeline.
Kennedy for not ensuring there was an overarching plan for the movies.
And JJ making A New Hope 2.0 and mystery box crap.

Actually I changed my mind, JJ is clearly the one who's most responsible for this mess.
I blame Iger for keeping Kennedy in charge and also Kennedy for not having a plan and juggling directors around and having to bring back JJ to clean up this mess

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://youtu.be/feH2sxYGE-w?t=46s

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Just back and I liked it. Far better than TLJ. Still not a great movie, but I think a good one. Too much packed into it (some to fix TLJ's mistakes), and you feel the scissors cutting and repasting certain storylines (Force Dryad). Still, good action, some good laughs, good action, lightsabers clashing, starship combat - what I expect from SW. Story could have been better and more coherent and with more space to breath, but as said, I blame TLJ and the missing overall direction too. Force and Force powers are more and more like superpowers, including several three point landings.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

feedmyleg posted:

That won't load for me, but somehow it's up on YouTube for now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qAdI3nMQlk

If only Luke had used TWO lightsabers he could've defeated the Emperor, that failure!

What is this DBZ knockoff bullshit

commando in tophat
Sep 5, 2019
Holy poo poo that Rey vs Palps clip is so bad even for a B movie. It would be so much better with super low budget because it wouldn't be so glaring how bland it is

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

feedmyleg posted:

If only Luke had used TWO lightsabers he could've defeated the Emperor, that failure!

You realise we made that joke back in RotS? If only someone had told Luke of that lighting block Mace Windu was so good at...

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Oh my god

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Horizon Burning posted:

Rey Palpatine fits right into TFA. "Who's the girl?" "What girl?" Leia seeming to know who she is. Luke leaving a map. It goes on. I think the TFA novel even has a more explicit bit of recognition from Kylo to her during the duel they have. She was absolutely supposed to be someone known.

In Trevorrows treatment it turned out she grew up with Ben because she was there illegitimate child of Han Solo and the cleaning lady in Skywalker Organa Solo Mansion

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So the thing with her being palpatines granddaughter isn’t in the movie?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Decius posted:

You realise we made that joke back in RotS? If only someone had told Luke of that lighting block Mace Windu was so good at...

Yes, and they were both poor choices.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

parara posted:

Just saw it and even though I had vaguely hoped the leaks were fake, well...

I'm more irritated by the horrid pacing and whiplash inducing cuts. That movie had no time to breathe and I feel like I've already forgotten 75% of what happened, which is how I felt about Rogue One.

One of my big questions is What About The Rest of the Galaxy

I take it the rebellion is in identical shape to how it was in episode 6, ready to attack the big fleet?

Does the entire sith fleet get blown up, and if so how?

And finally, is the entirety of the first order there? If not, does the movie give any lip service to how they don't remain in charge by just promoting their next most senior officers after the leadership dies?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wow that theater is absolutely silent

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They were too stunned of taking in the magnificence of it all.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Decius posted:

Palpatine was putting on a show for Anakin's benefit soooo...

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmfao this is just anime

“I’m all the Jedi” holy gently caress that’s so cringe

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Holy loving poo poo. That cannot be real.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

It's like loving weaponized cringe ahahaha

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They’re first cousins. Just, like, so you know. She’s kissing his cousin. On the lips. Wet, juicy, tounge jousting her cousin.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

mastershakeman posted:

One of my big questions is What About The Rest of the Galaxy

I take it the rebellion is in identical shape to how it was in episode 6, ready to attack the big fleet?

Does the entire sith fleet get blown up, and if so how?

And finally, is the entirety of the first order there? If not, does the movie give any lip service to how they don't remain in charge by just promoting their next most senior officers after the leadership dies?

You know the answer. There must always be an Empire and there must always be Rebels.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Taintrunner posted:

They’re first cousins. Just, like, so you know. She’s kissing his cousin. On the lips. Wet, juicy, tounge jousting her cousin.

Wait did she actually turn out to be a Skywalker

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

Rise establishes in its opening crawl that the galaxy has received a mysterious transmission from Emperor Palpatine (something that would have been exciting to actually see onscreen)

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

kidkissinger posted:

Wait did she actually turn out to be a Skywalker

She's a palpy according to the leaks. Meanwhile, Anakin was created by Palpy

Not technically cousins, but also technically cousins.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

they're only cousins if you treat weird sith impregnation ritual as parenting, jon snow and dany didn't even have that and still no one cared

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

From right before that all your favorite Star Wars characters cheer on Rey

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dex_sda posted:

People who saw the movie aren’t saying that so I wonder

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Don't know where the video was taken, but not all countries are like the US, where it's customary to hoot and holler in a cinema.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

dex_sda posted:

Anakin was created by palpatine????

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

kidkissinger posted:

Anakin was created by palpatine????

It's that whole dumb prequel stuff about creating beings in the force and virgin birth poo poo yea

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

dex_sda posted:

Holy loving poo poo. That cannot be real.

Just stop shooting lightning Mr Palpatine!!!! It's being reflected just stop shooting!!!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Just stop shooting lightning Mr Palpatine!!!! It's being reflected just stop shooting!!!

Force lightnin' myself to death to own the libs

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

dex_sda posted:

It's that whole dumb prequel stuff about creating beings in the force and virgin birth poo poo yea

We're speculating based on ambiguous dialogue from the prequels right? This idea isn't developed in RoS I hope

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

He gets hosed the same way a third time lmfao

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

kidkissinger posted:

We're speculating based on ambiguous dialogue from the prequels right? This idea isn't developed in RoS I hope

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

kidkissinger posted:

there's a comic that makes it explicit that palpatine did whatever sith magic to get schmi pregnant with anakin, the page was posted in one of the two threads awhile back