Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Chris from Eat The Rich podcast managed to post so hard he got himself banned twice AND the twitter for the podcast itself, godspeed :patriot:

https://twitter.com/ShaneSheehy/status/1207020771954040832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shakenbaker posted:

War Nerd is a different kind of amazing lately, three episodes on Venetian history that I was completely unaware of. Just not something that comes up much in American education

can't let anyone know that there was a nation that was around longer than America and was far better in matters of trade and mercantilism than America

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

ZoninSilver posted:

Chris from Eat The Rich podcast managed to post so hard he got himself banned twice AND the twitter for the podcast itself, godspeed :patriot:

https://twitter.com/ShaneSheehy/status/1207020771954040832

Is the podcast any good?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Percelus posted:

also pesto is the best pasta don't @ me

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

T-man posted:

Is the podcast any good?

It gets me about as livid as a good Citations Needed episode but more from a "Man, gently caress that rear end in a top hat in particular" standpoint than CNs systemic critiques. I enjoy them but am probably a terrible judge as to whether it is actually good or too unfocused.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I like em. And Grubstakers for similar content.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Victory Position posted:

can't let anyone know that there was a nation that was around longer than America and was far better in matters of trade and mercantilism than America

Venice is also the reigning champ of destabilizing the middle east for profit

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
New Chapo was literally just them trying (and failing) to not talk about the UK elections for the whole episode

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I appreciated the amount of dumping on Pete they got in there

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Dunking on Pete and that dumb article made it worth.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

the 2020 Presidential Election has really reinvigorated Felix

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

good. the world needs a high energy Felix comeback

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Liz going for the get fiscal style posts.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1207083763643105281

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

her and mattybs kids gonna be amazing posters

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Salean posted:

her and mattybs kids gonna be amazing posters

They will be the poster kings of the ashes

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
nah I assume as they rebel they'll disavow all posting and be normal offline people

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Their kid is going to work for CAP making proposals to solve the cannibalism crisis with tax credits

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is there a RWN episode (or any podcast for that matter) about international sanctions? What their purpose is, what they actually do, and if they work (I'm guessing they don't). Every week it seems the US puts new sanctions on Iran, but I don't understand how they can keep coming up with more things to sanction. Seems like one of those lovely things the US does that there's a lot more to say about that the press never explores.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

the 2020 Presidential Election has really reinvigorated Felix

Yeah, especially when discussing Pete. Great episode. Can't wait to hear the UK retrospective.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Strapping in for some white hot takes from Amber in the UK election episode.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
as someone from indiana,

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Strapping in for some white hot takes from Amber in the UK election episode.

Anyone who doesn’t think she’s the best Chapo is a rootless cosmopolitan.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Centrist Committee posted:

as someone from indiana,

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Majorian posted:

Anyone who doesn’t think she’s the best Chapo is a rootless cosmopolitan.

edit: I will suggest it's also okay to think Matt and Felix are the best for cultural reasons.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is there a RWN episode (or any podcast for that matter) about international sanctions? What their purpose is, what they actually do, and if they work (I'm guessing they don't). Every week it seems the US puts new sanctions on Iran, but I don't understand how they can keep coming up with more things to sanction. Seems like one of those lovely things the US does that there's a lot more to say about that the press never explores.

Sanctions work, iran would be a first world economy without them

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

All chapos are the best chapos because ultimately it is a team effort where everyone plays an important role :buddy:

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Goon Danton posted:

Speaking of, the Knowledge Fight eps on the Sandy Hook lawsuit depositions are :magical:

I'm still wrestling with the realization that loving Paul Joseph Watson of all people has been the smartest guy at Infowars the whole time.

Hell yeah, it's incredible listening. All these big tough anti-globalist truth-telling supermen just turn into loving guilty toddlers as soon as they're under oath in a conversation they don't 100% control. Rob Dew not even loving understanding that he's there as a representative of the company and can't "I do not recall :smug:" through the whole deposition was magical.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I recall they discuss sanctions a lot when they discuss Obama / the Middle East - Latina America (lol everywhere). often from the standpoint that it’s essentially siege warfare and that as a tool it’s ineffectually used to force the middle / lower classes to rise up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yeah it's a well touched upon topic but I don't think they've ever done an episode just about sanctions. They really should.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Yeah that would be a great topic for an episode

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Annabale is the triple threat and holy trinity of podcasting: vocal fry, most of his audio being variations of "uhhhhh", and insightful commentary

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

loling at the recent citations needed

I completely forgot that the atheist professor gets hit by a car like immediately after getting owned by his own logic at the end of gods not dead

and then gets converted to a Christian by a rando pastor while dying on the street

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Earlier this year, Unauthorized Disclosure had on the guy from CEPR who estimated the deaths caused by the sanctions on Venezuela. I haven't listened since it came out, but I remember enjoying it, and I believe it discusses the motivations of sanctions more generally.
http://unauthorizeddisclosure.libsyn.com/s6-episode-16-mark-weisbrot

Moderate Rebels had an episode about the sanctions on Venezuela as well, and honestly I don't remember this one despite listening to most of their releases. Just skipping through the ep it seems decent, it is part 2 of 2 episodes though.
https://moderaterebels.libsyn.com/economic-strangulation-of-venezuela-human-toll-of-us-sanctions-and-regime-change-w-steve-ellner-e34

Both are hosted are people in the War Nerd orbit, Rania Khalek for Unauthorized Disclosure and Max Blumenthal for Moderate Rebels.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm glad that Chris is following Brendan in slowly becoming more and more of an on-mic host

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1207597764558950400?s=19

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
if you have any redeeming qualities at all then the story of Haiti breaks you

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I was already going down that path but the wrap up episode on Haiti is a good primer on why the Third World is poor because we are rich

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Haiti broke me too

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I legit respect that he’s getting that Harry’s/Casper money to foment revolutionary fervor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Going from Harry's razors to national razors :thermidor: