Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

nickhimself posted:

This happened to me when I started smoking until I built up a tolerance from daily smoking. Do you smoke throughout the day or just before bed? If the latter, that *could* be why every strain makes you sleepy. If not, *shrug*

I smoke it before bed no matter what bed time is, because I fall asleep 15 minutes later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Weed can knock you out even if it is sativa dom. Sativas just make it easier to focus. It's not the energy drink of weed, just easier to stay awake on if you're moving around a lot.

I smoke indica a lot, doesn't make me drowsy.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I dont know if I'm doing edibles right, I got a 6 pack of some sour cherry (50mg each, 300 total) gummy stuff, and it basically puts me to sleep. I mean a deep rumbling sleep, really fast.

Apparently the strength rating doesnt matter and it takes a lot of experimenting?? I need edibles that'll get me buzzed but let me stay up a bit.

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
edibles make my limbs feel heavy and it takes a lot of mental effort to do things because i get so sleepy

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

I dont know if I'm doing edibles right, I got a 6 pack of some sour cherry (50mg each, 300 total) gummy stuff, and it basically puts me to sleep. I mean a deep rumbling sleep, really fast.

Apparently the strength rating doesnt matter and it takes a lot of experimenting?? I need edibles that'll get me buzzed but let me stay up a bit.

I start with 5mg of edible and increase that every hour if it's not good enough

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i have never slept through a night without waking up 5 or 6 times and i am almost always wide awake by like 8am at the latest. whether im completely sober or stoned out of my mind the night before. been that way my entire life. my body just isnt into sleep i guess

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Supreme Allah posted:

What's your tolerance like? How long does it take you to smoke, say, a quarter?

I smoke about a quarter a day. Edibles do nothing to me until we're swinging in the 100mg+ range, usually 200mg.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I smoke about a quarter a day. Edibles do nothing to me until we're swinging in the 100mg+ range, usually 200mg.

7 grams a day :eyepop:

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Video Nasty posted:

Has anyone invented a centrifuge for weed yet? I have so many gd stems in this batch it's loving insane :mad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQ9Gu7BVcc

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Pussy Quipped posted:

7 grams a day :eyepop:

It's a work day, so probably an eighth so far today. All the more reason to work in weed, employee discount.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Christ Jesus I do one snap of a high THC bud and I'm off to the races. Can't imagine smoking 1/8th in a day.

Speaking of which I just took one snap of high THC bud and I'm off to the races.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm just getting back into smoking after 10 years, smoke maybe 4 full bowls throughout the evening and stay buzzed. Of my first quarter jar I think I've gone through maybe a third in a week?

This is during a really busy week at work though, once my vacation starts I expect to burn through the supply much faster. Since I plan to stay high all day every day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

App13 posted:

Christ Jesus I do one snap of a high THC bud and I'm off to the races. Can't imagine smoking 1/8th in a day.

Speaking of which I just took one snap of high THC bud and I'm off to the races.

Keep smoking a little more at a time and you'll get there in a few years. Also don't take tolerance breaks. It's been 40 months since my last break.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

poo poo I took 20 weed capsules and smoked 3 joints while I refinished hardwood floors today. Stain done, time for the poly!

I think it’s a tolerance thing, I won’t even operate a saw or power tools until I’ve smoked at least 3-4 bowls. Let alone sleep.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Hell Yeah posted:

every night i smoke weed right before bed and wake up in 6.5 hrs completely refreshed.
I both envy and despise you.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ive slept like poo poo my whole life, weed definitely has helped w/that. Im on a 3 day break right now and the worst part is trying to get to sleep that first day of not smoking.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah weed is a top tier insomnia aid for me too, which certainly contributes to why I consume so much. It's probably at least on par with prescription sleep aids I've tried.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i had terrible insomnia my entire life growing up until i started smoking and then it just wasn't a problem anymore

otoh my brother also has insomnia and smoking doesn't help him so :shrug:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I have terrible insomnia and weed will make me pass out and wake up anywhere from 2-4 hours later. Haven’t yet found a strain that keeps me asleep. :smithweed:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't dream anymore, thanks to weed. Keeps the crazy old army dreams at bay. Sleep like a light switch, on/off. It's fantastic compared to the alternative.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

crusty minge works at a grow op. you only end up smoking that much if you grow, normal people who don't grow 1/4 a day is like an insane habit.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
It's roughly 6 pounds a year.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i have a small grow with only 2 lights and i produce more than 6 lbs a year.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's a lot of weed, yeah. Ended yesterday at six joints. But like I said, 40 months since my last tolerance break, and I'm never taking another if I can help it.

Keep in mind I buy shake often too, because it's cheap and supplemental for joints.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 19, 2019

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

It's been at least 5 years since my last tolerance break and I've been at this for 20 years and I've been steady at a gram a day for a decade or more. You are wasting a ton of weed and probably getting less high than anyone you know because of your totally unnecessary absurd tolerance

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
yeah i've never really done the tolerance break thing (especially in the last few years when i started growing for myself) but i think i would die if i tried to smoke a quarter a day

i'm sure doing it in joints helps but yesterday i think i maybe did ten bong rips total? and i'm sure however much that was was much less than a quarter

but hey i mean if it's basically free then do whatever

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I can't imagine it's doing any favors for his lungs though.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Yeah he's working hard to make weed as harmful to his body as possible

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you're in that world of growing and you know other growers 1/4 is a lot but honestly i know people who smoke that much and they pay bills and have kids and manage their life fine. i don't see the harm in it if that's what he enjoys doing. again, when you grow and you're around growers there's just weed everywhere all the time and everyone's constantly smoking because it's just a plant. it grows like crazy and probably isn't really worth $2000/lb or whatever. it's only that expensive because of prohibition and also that's rapidly dropping. my mom smokes a oz like every week and she's 70 and never been healthier.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
it's less the amount and more the method that i'd have problems with

i'm sure if you turned that quarter into edibles i could do that but if i smoke seven joints in a day my lungs make their unhappiness very obvious

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My lungs are trash anyhow, I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 15, mostly without the filters. I'm on a list for the Iraq burn pit poo poo at the VA. I have no idea how I've made it to 37.

And it's a multi-fold issue. poo poo helps me deal with the joy of three crushed discs in lumbar region, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, plus the assist on mental health. I smoke a lot, but without it, I'd be a miserable oval office.

My lungs are used to routine abuse at this point and I know my lifespan will be shorter for it, doesn't matter much to me. I spent years working on diesels too, and that exhaust is far from healthy.

Should anyone want to challenge my lung capacity, you're welcome to come to Colorado and climb the Manitou Incline with me. We'll see who wheezes out first.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 19, 2019

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

My lungs are trash anyhow, I've been smoking cigarettes since I was 15, mostly without the filters. I'm on a list for the Iraq burn pit poo poo at the VA. I have no idea how I've made it to 37.

And it's a multi-fold issue. poo poo helps me deal with the joy of three crushed discs in lumbar region, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, plus the assist on mental health. I smoke a lot, but without it, I'd be a miserable oval office.

My lungs are used to routine abuse at this point and I know my lifespan will be shorter for it, doesn't matter much to me. I spent years working on diesels too, and that exhaust is far from healthy.

Should anyone want to challenge my lung capacity, you're welcome to come to Colorado and climb the Manitou Incline with me. We'll see who wheezes out first.

I think you'd feel a lot better if you used a vaporizer is all. Your lungs will appreciate the assist

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I used a vape pen for about a year, it didn't do me any favors, which is why I just roll joints.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Not a vape pen. Just a dry herb vaporizer. Makes a huge difference, even as a supplement to joints.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
just have a volcano running for literally 12 hours I'm not sure you'd go through a quarter

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

ok I will claim that I *can* and *have* smoked a quarter in a day, although I was not alone and thats certainly not a normal daily habit for me

my band happens to be putting together a Colorado tour for September 2020 so if we are both still alive I will take your challenge of smoking a quarter and then climbing a mountain with you, which is how i choose to interpret that post

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
A quarter lasts me two or three months, holy loving poo poo you guys

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Earwicker posted:

ok I will claim that I *can* and *have* smoked a quarter in a day, although I was not alone and thats certainly not a normal daily habit for me

my band happens to be putting together a Colorado tour for September 2020 so if we are both still alive I will take your challenge of smoking a quarter and then climbing a mountain with you, which is how i choose to interpret that post

gently caress yeah, hill climb on.

Keep in mind the elevation change is brutal and it takes a week or two to acclimate here. Last time I took a friend up, I was smoking cigarettes while he took breaks to catch his breath.

My joints are 110mm with a 1cm crutch, so they usually tally in around .8-1g depending on how fat I roll it. On a heavy day, it's a quarter. Most days it's probably, realistically, 5.5-6g a day. I also sometimes give a joint or eighth away. Last week I gave a visiting goon an eighth of that sparkly poo poo I posted in the grow thread. Just depends on my mood, and as much as I smoke, it's hard to catch me in a bad one. Broke brain army poo poo still kicks out of mellow mode fast though, the more I smoke, the less angry I tend to be. Broke a knuckle two months ago in an anger burst.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

If you're smoking that much crusty, why not mostly use edibles or concentrates? I like smoking joints about the most usually, but vaping or other methods seems healthier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I feel like I’m in a similar boat, I smoke wayyy to much. I used to primarily smoke bowls and bongs but it’s killing my lungs. Those huge coughing fits after a bong hit are pretty awful nowadays.

I’m trying to balance it out a bit with edibles but I just can’t seem to make them strong enough. Last batch I used an oz with a cup of oil and I’m still eating obnoxious amounts of it to feel anything.

I just can’t see taking a tolerance break either. There is no way I’ll just go all day without smoking if I have weed to smoke.