Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Heran Bago posted:

I want to use my Bluetooth headphones with my switch. USB isn't an option as I'm using all three ports for Smash Bros.

Please tell me what to buy, goons.

Something like this would work :
https://www.anker.com/products/variant/soundsync-bluetooth-receiver/A3352011

I've used one in my car. The battery stays charged for what felt like a long time. But it works either off battery or plugged in to charge. Its fairly small, but would just plug into your headphone jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well, that's GRIS off the table.

I was underwhelmed but I'll admit it's pretty. It took me a while to appreciate the animation though, honestly it only hit me in the game's final sequence. Almost inspires me to get Cuphead, another game whose graphics I adore (as well as the music), though the bit of gameplay I've played doesn't really do much for me.

GRIS plays fine, but there's not much there. Someone said it's encourages you to explore but I think it's the complete opposite. Everything looks so foreign I was never really sure if I was in the same place or not and I felt that I was very much rail-roaded through certain paths.

I guess for 10 euro it was worth it, but even then. It's not a game I'd recommend unless you really want some nice art, and then only if you have the set-up made to appreciate it, which I certainly didn't.

In that regard I don't think it's a good Switch game, the spectacle is too small handheld, and you can probably make it look nicer on a more powerful console, though I wouldn't know, all I've got is the Switch.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

The Bloop posted:

Go home Doom, you're drunk

That's the most recent Doom, not the original Doom.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Asnorban posted:

That's the most recent Doom, not the original Doom.

The issue is that it's in the <$10 bin

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Someone remind me is there anything to gain by never dying in RE4? Because I'm going very cautiously and I want to throw caution to the winds.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Bloop posted:

You don't tell the Doom Slayer where to go

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

The Bloop posted:

I’m great at reading comprehension.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Someone remind me is there anything to gain by never dying in RE4? Because I'm going very cautiously and I want to throw caution to the winds.

Gaming Honor

But nah you don't lose anything if you die IIRC

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Andrast posted:

They do seem like games I would never want to play on a console though but ymmv

Playing on PC gets you the lightsaber decapitation cheats :unsmigghh:.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Nah you don't even get sent back to the last save point a lot of the time if you hit continue

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Not a Children posted:

Gaming Honor

But nah you don't lose anything if you die IIRC

Honor Schmonor.

Great I'll blitz through that.

But in that case what are the things to unlock and how? I know I can look it up on Gamefaqs, but this is more fun.

Also, just "beat" Celeste Ch 9. I really wanted to see the story. It kinda undoes some of the main story's stuff, but it's still a nice portrayal of what happens in our minds, I guess. Thanks assist mode. I quit two screens before the Heart and was already at 1247 deaths before just assisting myself with some invincibility. I can wave-dash OK it turns out. I did actually manage to do one of the later screens all on my own for a bit which was thrilling, but I'd need to replay the whole game and top it off with Ch 9 to ever really do it. Considering I've only gone through the first two C-sides, it may be some time.

I would love a whole game in the animation style of the final cutscene though. That's some wholesome art.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If you're not kneecapping and suplexing every enemy you meet without stopping forward momentum you're doing it wrong.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Bloop posted:

wait...

Doom is literally telling you to "DEAL", right there on top of it, so...

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Argue posted:

https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

716 hours, 45 games. My top games are Baba is You, Mario Maker 2, FF12, Dragon Quest Builders 2, and... Cadence of Hyrule, somehow.

Mine was 307 hours across 34 games, led by Fire Emblem. It's funny how my monthly hours align with my feelings that the first-half of the year didn't have many great Switch releases but the back-half was stacked.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

wait...

The balls of Doom 2016 to ignore your requests and claim it's three games that are worth $10 each.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waltzing Along posted:

While you guys are at it, please tell us about your fantasy football teams and your bowel movements. Thanks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/davevescio/status/1207028149873082368?ref_url=http%3a%2f%2fforums.somethingawful.com%2f

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wamdoodle posted:

If you're not kneecapping and suplexing every enemy you meet without stopping forward momentum you're doing it wrong.

Oh that's caution for me. Dragging them in slowly one by one so I can conserve every last bullet.

Necrodancer still a tough as nails game. Dungeon 3 just ups the ante insanely.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Len posted:

I am not an expert but I think USB is the only option. Maybe a really long headphone wire?

Headphone wire isn't an option in this specific case, but excellent suggestion.

There are devices which use the headphone jack and pair with a Bluetooth device. These vary widely in quality and support. This is what I was hoping someone here would have a specific recommendation for.

Thanks for all who suggested a USB hub. Great idea.

Edit: Didn't see Deong's post before. This is just the kind of thing I'm looking for. Thanks. :)

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 18, 2019

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh huh, speaking of Cadence of Hyrule, it just got a surprise free update with a new playable character (Octavo) and a new mode which the blurb described as "Classic Crypt of the Necrodancer gameplay", though I haven't gotten to try it yet.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

716 hours, 45 games. My top games are Baba is You, Mario Maker 2, FF12, Dragon Quest Builders 2, and... Cadence of Hyrule, somehow.

mine's just telling me to buy a Nintendo Switch :(

Weedle
May 31, 2006

"main benefit to employees" loving lol until i'm dead

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Work is abuse. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to playing Kirby Star Allies on my Nintendo Switch.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Time to start 3d printing 13° wedges.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Argue posted:

Oh huh, speaking of Cadence of Hyrule, it just got a surprise free update with a new playable character (Octavo) and a new mode which the blurb described as "Classic Crypt of the Necrodancer gameplay", though I haven't gotten to try it yet.

Haha and I just bought the og game, for cheap, just for that reason! Whatever now have twice as many good soundtracks.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
love playing fire emblem on my phone whilst i poo poo on company time

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Lazy_Liberal posted:

love playing fire emblem on my phone whilst i poo poo on company time

Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why I roll on the latest banner on company time?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Argue posted:

Your Nintendo Switch journey began: October 20, 2017
The first game you ever played on your system: Disgaea 5 Complete

Your most-played Nintendo Switch games in 2019:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Splatoon 2
Super Mario Odyssey
LUMINES REMASTERED
Tetris® 99

This is how many hours you played Nintendo Switch games in 2019: 1,148 hours
This is how many Nintendo Switch games you played this year: 37

You spent the most time playing Nintendo Switch games on these days:
April 1
April 6
October 9

This is how many My Nintendo Gold Points you earned this year: 2,346

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Bloop posted:

K+B feels super disconnected from "aiming" or whatever is happening in the game.

Fuckin' lol.

But Jedi Knight II is pretty good, even if a little dated. It's one of the better Star Wars titles.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Doesn't Squatty Potty do this already?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sigher posted:

Fuckin' lol.

But Jedi Knight II is pretty good, even if a little dated. It's one of the better Star Wars titles.

Which of the Star Wars games on Switch, has the multiplayer mode with bots?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chin Strap posted:

No it kinda does it the other way which is supposed to be good for you I dunno.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh that's caution for me. Dragging them in slowly one by one so I can conserve every last bullet.

Necrodancer still a tough as nails game. Dungeon 3 just ups the ante insanely.

RE 4 mechanic spoilers
The game will give you more ammo for the guns you use the most. it wants you to always have a certain amount of ammo all the time, unless you are spraying into the air.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chin Strap posted:

It does the opposite. This awful toilet will make it even harder for people to poo poo.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

RE 4 mechanic spoilers
The game will give you more ammo for the guns you use the most. it wants you to always have a certain amount of ammo all the time, unless you are spraying into the air.

Undoubtedly. I'm just cheap.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I said come in! posted:

Which of the Star Wars games on Switch, has the multiplayer mode with bots?

Academy, which is early next year

SeANMcBAY posted:

It does the opposite. This awful toilet will make it even harder for people to poo poo.

My exorcist making GBS threads technique's time to shine

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Academy, which is early next year

I can't get things straight with all of the Star Wars first person shooters that released in the 90s and early 2000s. Academy is the one I am looking forward to getting on Switch.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I said come in! posted:

I can't get things straight with all of the Star Wars first person shooters that released in the 90s and early 2000s. Academy is the one I am looking forward to getting on Switch.

Outcast and Academy are the easiest to understand and I think the best in the series.

Academy got some heat when it came out because of the mission structure and the fact you could go darkside.

In reality, it loving rules and I'm pumped to buy it again.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Academy set out to be a new mission pack with better mechanics and an excuse plot, and at that, it succeeds

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Your Computer posted:

mine's just telling me to buy a Nintendo Switch :(

same, possibly the site is overloaded?
e: apparently it only works for us accounts or something

unrelatedly: baba is hard

Soricidus fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Does Academy open with a really long and lovely FPS section before the real game starts?