Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/LA_Hagen/status/1207403415518797825

at least the next 6 hours will be more interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Oh cool, Adam Schiff is speaking.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Republicans: "What? A Democratic president got a beej from a consenting adult in a private, personal affair? Let's crucify that horrific son of a bitch."

Also Republicans: "Our Republican president has committed the arguably treasonous act of involving another government in our elections to attempt to undermine and negate any competition? Literally no evidence you can present of the mountains you clearly have can ever convince me he could have done that, and even if he did... so what? No biggie."

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

This obsession with HC is borderline creepy at this point. She’s a private citizen at this point, right?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

frothy eloquence

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

GreatGreen posted:

Republicans: "What? A Democratic president got a beej from a consenting adult in a private, personal affair? Let's crucify that horrific son of a bitch."

Also Republicans: "Our Republican president has committed the arguably treasonous act of involving another government in our elections to attempt to undermine and negate any competition? Literally no evidence you can present of the mountains you clearly have can ever convince me he could have done that, and even if he did... so what? No biggie."

Don't forget that the Speaker of the House was cheating on his second (?) wife at the time, and the Majority Leader of the Senate was paying off someone he sexually abused as a minor.

But yeah, blowjobs.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Your frothy eloquence doesn't satisfy me? Yikes from me guy

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The dude behind the republican speaker looks exactly like Principal McVicker from Beavis and Butthead.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
You guys are right, these Representatives are really just using this as free footage for future election campaign commercials, huh.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

god dang, that's a big book

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Lmao, a moment of silence for the 63 million that voted for trump.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
gently caress the republicans with this "he was voted by 63 million people therefore he is free to commit any crime he wants free from consequences".

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ehud posted:

god dang, that's a big book

It contains all the lies told by Trump in 2019.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Getting really sick of these idiots whining about overturning democracy as if Trump didn't lose the popular vote.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It contains all the lies told by Trump in 2019.

Didn't know they released a Cliffs Notes version.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

BigglesSWE posted:

This obsession with HC is borderline creepy at this point. She’s a private citizen at this point, right?

Depends on your definition. She would be considered a public figure given her high profile and the fact that she is still doing major interviews, and she still interjects herself into the news cycle regularly enough

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Madkal posted:

gently caress the republicans with this "he was voted by 63 million people therefore he is free to commit any crime he wants free from consequences".

hillary clinton was voted by 66 million people, does that mean she's allowed to commit EVEN MORE crimes??

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
So is literally every member of the House having a turn to speak?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

GreatGreen posted:

It's volume 1.

Of the Cliff's notes.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Can someone clear something up. Even if they vote to impeach tonight. It still has to go through the Senate right?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Glad someone is tying Trump to a despot, though I wish she would make the point as clear as a neon sign.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Can someone clear something up. Even if they vote to impeach tonight. It still has to go through the Senate right?

Yes. This is just voting to have the trial in the Senate.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

GreatGreen posted:

it's just Daniel Dale's timeline printed out in small print

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Harrow posted:

No, the house impeaches. The senate removes from office or pardons.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol these guys think they're owning

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Harrow posted:

The vote today determines whether Trump is impeached, full stop. It then moves to the Senate where they will vote on whether to remove him from office.

Impeachment and removal from office are not synonymous.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

NickPancakes posted:

No, the house impeaches. The senate removes from office or pardons.

There Bias Two posted:

The vote today determines whether Trump is impeached, full stop. It then moves to the Senate where they will vote on whether to remove him from office.

Impeachment and removal from office are not synonymous.

Well, right, sorry. What I meant was, Trump isn't going to be removed from office based on today's vote, which is how I read the question. It's possible I misread what was actually being asked.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
honestly am I in a bubble? IS there an "official" defense other than "it's not a crime when trump does it?" is it something I've missed?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wish anyone in the GOP could talk without trying to be a smug rear end in a top hat.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Didn't realize Squinting Dipshit was present...

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I'm going to sound incredibly naive saying this, but I don't think I've ever quite seen first hand what it truly means to be a Washington DC politician in quite such a revealing way as today.

Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to politics but wow.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Takoluka posted:

I wish anyone in the GOP could talk without trying to be a smug rear end in a top hat.

They are the generic bad bully kids from any 80s movies after all.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Harrow posted:

Well, right, sorry. What I meant was, Trump isn't going to be removed from office based on today's vote, which is how I read the question. It's possible I misread what was actually being asked.

Yeah I didn't word it great. But what I meant was does impeachment go through the Senate. Not removal.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

InsertPotPun posted:

honestly am I in a bubble? IS there an "official" defense other than "it's not a crime when trump does it?" is it something I've missed?

I think it is a mixture of that, what Trump did was not a crime, and while bad what Trump did does not warrant him being impeached.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

There is no valid defense of Trump's actions, either official or otherwise. They're just spouting bullshit because they have to say something.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah I didn't word it great. But what I meant was does impeachment go through the Senate. Not removal.

Ah okay. Yeah in that case, no, impeachment is solely a power of the House. If/when they vote to impeach, Trump is officially impeached. That doesn't really do anything except tell the Senate to hold a trial and vote on whether to remove him from office, though.

I'm personally not all that clear on whether the Senate has to do anything, though, or if impeaching the president just enables them to.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh my God, guy calling out the Republicans for using the Sideshow Bob defense!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

InsertPotPun posted:

It didn't happen. And if it did happen, it wasn't that bad. And if it was bad, it's still not a big deal. And if it's a big deal, it's not his fault, he's too dumb to have known what he was doing. And if he knew what he was doing, he didn't mean it, it was just a joke. And if he meant it, Biden deserved it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Has anyone pointed out that Hillary Clinton got 66 million votes and by the GOP's own logic, if she were President she would be allowed to commit even more crimes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Ok it's not clear to me, why is Schiff now taking over? Did Nadler get rattled?