Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
As epic and evocative as that is, I could do another forever without the whole Drunken Abusive Odin concept that Aaron keeps on trying to force into these books.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-O posted:

The Empyre thing is supposedly spilling out the Incoming thing we've had teasers for. Some people have theorized Incoming is tied to the Kree/Skrull story with Teddy Altman being at the center of it. One of the teasers has a figure that looks like him that says "One will unite them" and that's been said to be his destiny being that he's of both the Kree and Skrull Empires.

https://www.newsarama.com/46695-hulkling-future-of-the-marvel-universe-teaser-excelsior.html

History of the Marvel Universe #6 basically confirmed this with its look into the future.

Also congrats to Tony Stark and Emma Frost on their upcoming nuptials I guess.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

X-O posted:

History of the Marvel Universe #6 basically confirmed this with its look into the future.

Also congrats to Tony Stark and Emma Frost on their upcoming nuptials I guess.

Well that sure is something nobody ever wanted ever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Well that sure is something nobody ever wanted ever.

Mr. Waid. Mark. What are you doing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dawgstar posted:

Mr. Waid. Mark. What are you doing.

The page is teasing other people's upcoming stories, he's not writing either of those characters in the future that I know of.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I was a harsh critic of Gwenpool Strikes Back but the last issue actually really stuck the landing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Emma Frost would eat Tony Stark alive if she bothered to pay attention to him for more than 2 minutes.

Also wasn't Tony Stark dating Janet Van Dyne?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
secret empire gets a page but civil war 2 was so bad the only hint of its existence is a line in amadeus' blurb about banner being thought dead for a while lol

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

secret empire gets a page but civil war 2 was so bad the only hint of its existence is a line in amadeus' blurb about banner being thought dead for a while lol

That seems fair.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I feel like they teased an Emma/Tony romance way back in the OG Civil War, I wonder who decided to pick up that thread a decade+ later?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im actually kinda surprised that they went ahead and even beyond teasing some upcoming stuff decided to confirm some of the "alternate reality futures" as main timeline canon. wonder why they did that

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

Gwenpool strikes back was a weird series with an odd ending, but I actually did kinda like it.

Darth Nat posted:

Yeah, I feel like it really turned a corner the last two issues and became pretty good. I really hated the first issue, but this last one I felt was pretty heartfelt and genuine and I liked it. Gwen retconning her own origin to stay relevant seemed pretty clever.

Blockhouse posted:

I was a harsh critic of Gwenpool Strikes Back but the last issue actually really stuck the landing

I'm very mad you all tricked me into reading a bad comic. Because that was still not good. :(

The only remotely interesting/funny thing was inserting one of those Hickman-style information pages about Gwen.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

King Thor #4 has a much more ridiculous look into the future.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it is kinda funny how the final issues of king thor and history landed on the same day and both end with the post-616 universe being born

e: they fuckin

site fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 19, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Emma Frost would eat Tony Stark alive if she bothered to pay attention to him for more than 2 minutes.

Also wasn't Tony Stark dating Janet Van Dyne?

Yes and yes.

Also I feel really bad for Future Foundation. I know I'm like one of the dozen people who read it but I love weird little random teams doing their own thing.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 19, 2019

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

site posted:

it is kinda funny how the final issues of king thor and history landed on the same day and both end with the post-616 universe being born

Cool yet another lesbian couple. Imagine a world where two named male characters were allowed to have such a scene.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Emma's still gonna be banging Scott back at Krakoa, so I dunno how Tony will like that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's cool that Nightcrawler is the one that came up with the "Mutants Fucks" law.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Cool yet another lesbian couple. Imagine a world where two named male characters were allowed to have such a scene.

i mean, i get it, but im pretty sure teddy and wiccan were making out just a month or two ago in deaths head and also raz and the new guy in agents of atlas last month iirc

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

site posted:

i mean, i get it, but im pretty sure teddy and wiccan were making out just a month or two ago in deaths head and also raz and the new guy in agents of atlas last month iirc

Oh yeah, it isn't a problem itself... It is always just really annoying more than anything. Deaths Head was a fun read, but it isn't like Hulkling had been in a book in years. Wiccan gets to pop up when they need a random magic character sometimes.

Raz owns though. Glad someone remembered he exists.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
teddy is headlining an event next year whereas future foundation has julie power and rikki barnes...not exactly a-list heroes...and the book got cancelled after the first issue...

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Just let my man Iceman be in more books. Problem solved.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

teddy is headlining an event next year whereas future foundation has julie power and rikki barnes...not exactly a-list heroes...and the book got cancelled after the first issue...

It tanked that quick? Jeez. Dragon Man can't carry a book like he used to, I guess.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just let my man Iceman be in more books. Problem solved.

read marauders...in fact i think bobby was making out with someone in that too

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

site posted:

read marauders...in fact i think bobby was making out with someone in that too

Best X-men title right now, easy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1207351327610867712

Whitley has a very interesting rundown of what went into the series.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

drat, Julie Power got ripped.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Edge & Christian posted:

I feel like they teased an Emma/Tony romance way back in the OG Civil War, I wonder who decided to pick up that thread a decade+ later?

I don't even remember Emma being involved in OG Civil War.

The only reason Scott Summers could survive dating her is because he's a tactical genius.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Skwirl posted:

Speaking of Tony Stark and Emma Frost, there was this memorable exchange during Civil War.

Which Leah Williams apparently quotes so much that her own mother yells "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN OUR BABIES WERE BURNING?" at her when she gets riled up.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TwoPair posted:

Whatever gear her base had, clearly it was set up for Crossfit.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

The only reason Scott Summers could survive dating her is because he's a tactical genius.

Honestly I think it was the 4-way that did it in.

Emma loves Scott and always will. And she might be able to sex up Jean Grey.

But she is just repulsed by Logan. Which I think was one of the big parts of Cyclops and Emma's relationship. He trusted her enough to know that she would never shack up with Wolverine.
And maybe it was that polyamorous 4 way relationship with Wolverine is what killed her love for Scott. And why she is going back to Tony.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

TwoPair posted:

Alti Firmansyah came through with the jacked ladies on FF #5, a series that I'll miss. That smooch was a lovely scene, and Whitley did a hell of a job overall, especially considering the linked Twitter thread above.

Related: Sersi is buff as heck too:

Daredevil continues to be a really good Daredevil comic, and an excellent Kingpin tale. #15 with Wilson and the Stromwyn Twins was spot-on.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

Honestly I think it was the 4-way that did it in.

Emma loves Scott and always will. And she might be able to sex up Jean Grey.

But she is just repulsed by Logan. Which I think was one of the big parts of Cyclops and Emma's relationship. He trusted her enough to know that she would never shack up with Wolverine.
And maybe it was that polyamorous 4 way relationship with Wolverine is what killed her love for Scott. And why she is going back to Tony.

Nah, in X-Men she's still hooking up with Scott and in love with him. I doubt the Tony thing goes anywhere.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

you shouldve seen rikki with the first artist

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Scott/Emma and jean/death forever

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jean just gets in the way of the true pairing: Scott/Logan

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

you shouldve seen rikki with the first artist

Goku?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Hootington posted:

Scott/Emma and jean/death forever

Tbh since she's mute a telepath who constantly turns into a cosmic murder goddess would probably be right up Death's alley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Jean just gets in the way of the true pairing: Scott/Logan

I'm still mad thru didn't go with young Scott and Laura just to see how Logan reacted.