Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yeah, as a state we really do it to ourselves. There's also this constant chip on our shoulder about being portrayed that way, yet we keep doing poo poo as a state that deserves scorn. If we don't want the world to look down on us for what we time and again prove ourselves to be, then our only option is to change, to stop hurting our own citizens. But we won't, so we'll just keep getting stuck in this dynamic of being upset for being looked down upon by the yanks.

How we ran the last gubernatorial election was a farce. I hope one day Stacey Abrams is able to get back on top in politics.

if it helps the vast majority never think of you at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Wow, whoever that guy is wearing Trump socks. What has this country come to.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
"I'ma gonna accuse you!"

Hooting increases.

"Minority bravery!"

tears.gif

Otteration fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 19, 2019

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

InsertPotPun posted:

if it helps the vast majority never think of you at all.

Hah! I know that, but do not tell any Georgian bc they think this is literally going to be the next Hollywood. THAT is how highly GA regards itself. And it's pretty much constantly annoyed that others don't see if that way and is always jockeying for legitimacy. ATL is becoming a gentrified condo nightmare and no one wants them.

We are a truly pathetic state.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Calling this a drive-by hit makes Nancy Pelosi sound like ice cube.

Boom boom boom mothafucka

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
As sleep inducing as Hoyer was, he did show some gravitas next to this histrionic screeching hick douchebag.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah now I feel like a jerk bc Hoyer's speech ended really well

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
no, definitely worse

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
This is the longest 1 minute of all time

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i remember when there were news stories for weeks about how evil public schools are because one sang a song listing the presidents and included Obama. they played the clip of the school children singing "Barrack Hussien Obama hmmm hmm hmm" over and over again cutting out the other 43 god drat verses that listed the other presidents. because liberals worship obama you see, it's an unhealthy fixation. they worship him!!!
Anyway trump was chosen by god and please wear at least one piece of trump flare every time you expect to be on television, than kyou.

GeekyManatee
Jul 12, 2011

McCarthy really thinks he's saying something profound. Like the inflections in his voice keep raising to finger twiddling Superman villain levels of self-serving.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Never thought I'd see a man suck his own dick on national television, but here it is.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

GeekyManatee posted:

McCarthy really thinks he's saying something profound. Like the inflections in his voice keep raising to finger twiddling Superman villain levels of self-serving.

THOSE ARE NOT MY WORDS

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
lol that forced pause for applause. Not even the Republicans knew what he was doing and took like 3 whole seconds before they started clapping.

God McCarthy's a dink.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

GeekyManatee posted:

It is star wars episode 1 level of phony villainy.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

GeekyManatee posted:

He really does come off as a discount bitchy Maleficent. He'd probably kill at a drag bar. Unfortunately he'd probably actually kill at a drag bar.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I just realized I've never heard this guy talk. Wish I could go back.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Apparently Tulsi is still absent. Lmao.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Guys they got a guy who didn’t vote for Trump and doesn’t like impeachment. Game over. There’s no way this gets past the house now

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

GeekyManatee posted:

Yeah, a lot of Republicans do that thing where they stumble through the weakest-rear end poo poo imaginable and then pause like it's some kind of chaos dunk. Their entire impeachment defence is like your racist uncle trying to do a wrinkly white Supa Hot Fire rap battle thing without realising its a parody.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Nobody:

Republicans: ALEXANDER HAMILTON

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

Gatts posted:

Did Rashida Talib use her time to go "Let's impeach this motherfucker already. Go go go!" yet? Did AOC go?

It must have been so long ago....

I saw go I think it was way earlier today though. It was pretty boilerplate

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
he sounds liek a 12 year-old giving a speech to his middle school homeroom class

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they'll inroad the public trust?

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Thom12255 posted:

Nobody:

Republicans: ALEXANDER HAMILTON

If Hammy acted like this all the time, it's no wonder somebody up and shot him. This show has given me a new historical context. :v:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

lol that forced pause for applause. Not even the Republicans knew what he was doing and took like 3 whole seconds before they started clapping.

God McCarthy's a dink.

None of them are even paying attention. Probably haven’t been for hours. They’re all on the same page and nothing will change their minds. The applause was probably started because a staffer nudged someone and that got the wave going.

This is all some really depressing poo poo. It’s gonna set some really bad precedents once the Senate acquits.

MinisterSinister
Dec 17, 2019
So I want to float a little conspiracy theory about McConnell and Graham obviously violating their duty to impartiality.

I've heard that, since Justice Roberts oversees the Senate trial, he can remove impartial "jurors" like a normal trial. Is this true, or just more quackery?

If true, I think maybe McConnell, Graham, et al. are trying deliberately to get themselves thrown out, upsetting the balance and resulting in conviction. That way, they deal with their Trump problem, they get their stooge Pence into office, and McConnell can say that Roberts and the Democrats forced his hand, and Trump will go on screeching about how this is all a coup.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I don't think I would mind English parliamentary style decorum. The chair would still be able to bang their gavel and get annoying contrarianism under control*, but the probability of someone in the room going "oh, gently caress off" to these people would increase to satisfying levels.

*allegedly

Man I can't tell if McCarthy is dramatically pausing or stroking out.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer

nine-gear crow posted:

God McCarthy's a dink.

Please clap.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MinisterSinister posted:

So I want to float a little conspiracy theory about McConnell and Graham obviously violating their duty to impartiality.

I've heard that, since Justice Roberts oversees the Senate trial, he can remove impartial "jurors" like a normal trial. Is this true, or just more quackery?

If true, I think maybe McConnell, Graham, et al. are trying deliberately to get themselves thrown out, upsetting the balance and resulting in conviction. That way, they deal with their Trump problem, they get their stooge Pence into office, and McConnell can say that Roberts and the Democrats forced his hand, and Trump will go on screeching about how this is all a coup.

Lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Drinking game. Take a drink every time someone says something that is really stupid.

Then go to bed early and forget this nonsense!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

MinisterSinister posted:

LOL no. They just know there will never be consequences for them. Even if they lose their senate seats somehow they're set on the conservative quack gravy train for life.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Bless your heart, you sweet summer child.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
god. bless. ah murr a ka.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Please god kill me let this end, just loving vote

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Do they really consider Trump some God with magical powers? I mean they keep citing the best economy and poo poo like they could have another GOP president at power and do most of the same stuff without be nearly the criminal Trump is.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
THE GENTLEMAN WILL SUSPEND

SHUT THE gently caress UP

THE GENTLEMAN MAY PROCEED

Brother Buer
Oct 23, 2012

Oh my god they can't even let him finish.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

McCarthy is a dismal orator, hot christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
"it has been hard to follow" the repubs' defense aaahahah yes thank you Schiff