Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
While it's obviously going to die in the Senate, at least it will force Republican senators to back Trump's blatant abuse of power on the record. That could help pick off some of the more vulnerable seats in 2020. Shitlords like McConnell and Graham have been publicly backing him for a while but most of the senators have kept quiet. Those are the ones who will be hurt by this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I really wonder what kind of odds you could get about more likely to vote yes: Manchin or Cruz

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Drinking game. Take a drink every time someone says something that is really stupid.

Then go to bed early and forget this nonsense!

Mods? This is clearly a suicidal level of alcohol consumption you’re advocating for here.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Otteration posted:

Lot's of Republican House and Senate members lose their seats 'cause they've continually presented stupid arguments? Yay!

Yes this is definitely how republicans vote.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Oops wrong thread

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

What’s the chance that he just straight up quits like a baby

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
Uh oh - Big Baby found out. Full tilt speech.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kitfox88 posted:

So what happens after this? Will things suddenly matter or will he just throw a fit on twitter and then give more rallies?

He gets even more brazen in his crimes.

The Ukraine phone call came the DAY AFTER Mueller testified before Congress.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who's the coward who voted present.

Tulsi

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Lord Hydronium posted:

Evergreen tweet.

Daniel Dale should just pin that tweet.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nine-gear crow posted:

That was always her plan, wasn't it? She wasn't running for the Democratic nomination, she's running to be Jill Stein 2.0 and swipe enough votes from the 2020 nominee so that Trump glides to victory thanks to Electoral College margins.

sure but the chuds love her way more than liberals or progressives. she will just be stealing votes from him.

Seph posted:

While it's obviously going to die in the Senate, at least it will force Republican senators to back Trump's blatant abuse of power on the record. That could help pick off some of the more vulnerable seats in 2020. Shitlords like McConnell and Graham have been publicly backing him for a while but most of the senators have kept quiet. Those are the ones who will be hurt by this.

i feel like mitch and graham might get hosed by this if only because they are bad at reading how bad stuff is for the GOP now a days. but gently caress if i know.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Uh oh - Big Baby found out. Full tilt speech.

Is there a stream? I want to see this temper tantrum.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

cash crab posted:

What’s the chance that he just straight up quits like a baby

Quit? Low.

Health problem? Relatively high.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Is there a stream? I want to see this temper tantrum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFZfSLiT-Zw

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
you people never learn do you

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

you people never learn do you

Imagine thinking that forcing a republican controlled Senate to deal with an impeachment trial as a bad thing

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Google Butt posted:

Imagine thinking that forcing a republican controlled Senate to deal with an impeachment trial as a bad thing

But impeachment was good for Clinton!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Republicans posted:

But impeachment was good for Clinton!

Sure worked great for Al Gore

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The Glumslinger posted:

Sure worked great for Al Gore

In a 5-4 decision.....

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

just, lol

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
LMMFAO, Pelosi obviously isn't going to send this to the Senate and reveal that democracy is dead in America, this dies here.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
I'm a little unsure of Pelosi's tactic in insinuating she wont send the articles if the Senate isn't fair.

Although the thought of Pelosi standing in the hallway waving the articles at the Senate going "neener" is hilarious

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

LegionAreI posted:

I'm a little unsure of Pelosi's tactic in insinuating she wont send the articles if the Senate isn't fair.

Although the thought of Pelosi standing in the hallway waving the articles at the Senate going "neener" is hilarious

They can delay for any number of reasons. They can wait for decisions in the court. They can reveal new related information in the interim etc.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Trump's face is very purple tonight.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
trump literally goes down in history as one of the few stupid and criminal enough presidents to get impeached and the usual idiots are 'ehehe nothing matters, see he only got historically impeached and publicly, nationally humiliated and revealed as a crook'

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Grouchio posted:

Trump's face is very purple tonight.

He mad

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

I wonder how badly getting impeached hurts someone who is just ego-walking like him compared to, say, getting booed at a baseball game in nyc

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I wonder how badly getting impeached hurts someone who is just ego-walking like him compared to, say, getting booed at a baseball game in nyc

a loving ton i am sure. its probably not sinking in fully yet. but its starting too.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

trump literally goes down in history as one of the few stupid and criminal enough presidents to get impeached and the usual idiots are 'ehehe nothing matters, see he only got historically impeached and publicly, nationally humiliated and revealed as a crook'

Yea, honestly to the "nothing matters" crew, stop trying to act like you are above the joy of seeing the orange dictator humiliated.

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.

LegionAreI posted:

He's impeached and not acquitted, seems like a pretty great tactic.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
nothing matters, I insist, as trump literally has a heart attack a week ago because he's so loving stressed out about his impending impeachment,

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

nothing matters, I insist, as trump literally has a heart attack a week ago because he's so loving stressed out about his impending impeachment,
If he did we'd hear of it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1207486816535957506
https://twitter.com/ByTimRyan/status/1207484233666715648

this may have been posted in the 300 posts i'm behind on but i wonder what's going on here

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

VikingofRock posted:

Congressman Golden of Maine was the new D no vote

I think... I think he's getting primaried by Stephen King now.

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1207069267117641730?s=19

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

eke out posted:

this may have been posted in the 300 posts i'm behind on but i wonder what's going on here

This sounds uh really loving funny actually, I have no ability to tell if it's a good idea though

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

eke out posted:

Pelosi has and continues to navigate this fantastically, gently caress the haters

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

eke out posted:

Wait, she can do this?

...am I wrong for thinking that maybe it's not a bad idea?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
The rage, it’s palpable and so delicious.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1207485852013625345

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Seriously a fight over impeachment trial start time just highlights how loving terrible Republicans are. Mitch McConnell wants this over with fast for a reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Wait, she can do this?

...am I wrong for thinking that maybe it's not a bad idea?
Nope