Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

jesus WEP posted:

the best thing about star wars is a couple of board games (rebellion, imperial assault) and video games (kotor 2, jedi academy)

rebellion owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
what year is it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Seams posted:

rebellion owned
i really love the tension of knowing your dickhead idiot imperial playing friend can win at almost any point through blind luck

treasure island is gr8 for that too if you want a similar experience in a group

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving weird that The Onion is just straight up doing legitimate and genuine news stories about factual events now.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Thanks everyone! I decided to go with the American Cancer Society, a local animal shelter and some historical societies/museums that I interned with.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

loving weird that The Onion is just straight up doing legitimate and genuine news stories about factual events now.

*Reads that 91% of the Witcher 3 isn't considered complete* Doesn't look like anything to me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

We can talk about the original SW battlefront 2, my favorite game.

I kinda liked Battlefront 1 because of the dogfighting mode. I will never not pass up a moment to demonstrate tie fighter superiority.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
During my open class today a 5yr old girl cried because she realized she wasnt gonna go home with her mom after the class was over and instead had more school today

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'd cry too.

not because of you. but because of having more school. to be honest i don't know what an open class is, or what exactly is happening in your story. but i remember being in school and not liking it, more school would always make me sad.

Shayna Baszler fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 18, 2019

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Y’all should watch Southern Comfort and see Powers Boothe and Fred Ward and Keith Carradine as soldiers on an exercise gone wrong trying to fight their way out of a Louisiana bayou filled with murderous Cajuns.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Captain Magic posted:

Y’all should watch Southern Comfort and see Powers Boothe and Fred Ward and Keith Carradine as soldiers on an exercise gone wrong trying to fight their way out of a Louisiana bayou filled with murderous Cajuns.

sounds sick as gently caress

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

sounds sick as gently caress

You’ll think, “man this sounds a lot like the warriors,” and then you’ll see it’s the same director and nod your head sagely.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

watched this movie called apocalpyse now maybe you heard of it well i kinda wanna just rewatch it tomorrow but i wont. never seen it before tonight. regular version no redux or final crap or nothin like that. going to bed now good night.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Got my new car, almost fell face first on ice(did the whole cartwheeling arms and the stream of foul language trick) while showing it off to coworkers. Its good to laugh.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Captain Magic posted:

I have seen this and it is sick as gently caress. It's a Big Old Viet Nam Allegory imo.

Also Apocalypse now Directors cut I watched as a first date which I want to advice everyone is a Bad Move. But a Good Movie.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Captain Magic posted:

*nods slowly* I concur. It's the second-best Vietnam allegory film after Aliens.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

What’s crazy is the director vehemently denies it’s a Vietnam allegory.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Walter Hill has made some wild movies lol

also redux sux theatrical cut 4 ever

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The Apocalypse Now Final Cut that came out this year is probably the best cut now. It keeps all of the good stuff Redux adds but gets rid of the worst stuff Redux adds.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFknvFgHc4o

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm really struggling here guys.

Basically I was/am really self conscious about how expensive my laptop is gonna be. My parents have made me feel like money is scarce enough that it's in my head (even though I'd be looking for the machine to last me a long time and obviously I'd be using it a fuckton). I know that we're not that hard up for money for like a lot lot of reasons I won't get into because I think it's inappropriate and tacky but just trust me.

I just feel awful because I feel like I don't deserve it and like I'm imposing. It makes me feel like a piece of poo poo who is draining on them even though logically I know I'm not. I don't like it.

To clarify my parents need to pay for it because I'm not legally allowed to have that much money in assets in my bank account. America gently caress yeah. But I pay rent every month to help my parents out since I live at home in case anyone forgot my situation there.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 19, 2019

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can't speak to your situation and I don't have magic words that will change your feelings I wish I could. I wish nothing more than I could make anyone here who's having a bad day better. All I can speak on is my attitude towards money.

Most times I'm pretty frugal with treat your selves moments every once in a while. But when it comes to stuff that I need like house repair, or items I use often such as beds, televisions or computers I say that you can't take it with you. If buying it won't put me in the hole and I can recover from it, why not? It's an investment. And one day I'll be dead and all my stuff will decay with me and the earth will die and the sun will explode. So you know what, for these scant few years I have in this cosmos - gently caress yeah I'm going to buy stuff. All we have is feelings - and it's not bad to enjoy enjoyment.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
You ain't doin nothing wrong Foochs and your crime is good

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Basically I was/am really self conscious about how expensive my laptop is gonna be. My parents have made me feel like money is scarce enough that it's in my head (even though I'd be looking for the machine to last me a long time and obviously I'd be using it a fuckton). I know that we're not that hard up for money for like a lot lot of reasons I won't get into because I think it's inappropriate and tacky but just trust me.

I just feel awful because I feel like I don't deserve it and like I'm imposing. It makes me feel like a piece of poo poo who is draining on them even though logically I know I'm not. I don't like it.

To clarify my parents need to pay for it because I'm not legally allowed to have that much money in assets in my bank account. America gently caress yeah. But I pay rent every month to help my parents out since I live at home in case anyone forgot my situation there.

You could try to explain to them but from what I have heard parents just wouldn't understand.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

You could try to explain to them but from what I have heard parents just wouldn't understand.

You are a great poster. :)

But credit to both mom and dad. They treated this really well. I sent them a link to the config I was looking at with quote and Dad actually said I should double the memory I put in the machine. And apparently he came out and said to my mom, "It'll come out to $[x] and that's fine", and when I told Mom I felt awful she goes "What, with the contributions you make to this house?"

IDK where the gently caress that is most of the time but hey. They are being shockingly supportive on this one. :unsmith:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That's awesome! Let them know, it could encourage that behavior.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I'm still sad and processing my recent breakup but... I met someone. :)

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I'm still sad and processing my recent breakup but... I met someone. :)

You never know. My wife of not quite 15 years is my rebound, and supposedly I am hers as well.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Usually we are not the burdens we allow ourselves to believe we are.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
A lady and I broke up after dating for a long while like two years ago and I was all "I been in relationships forever I'm gonna be single for a while" and then I haven't really had anything other than a few dates since and I'm super happy all the time so that's the story of how I became a volcel.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm a big buckin burden babey

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

that song escalates verse one he’s mad at the clothes his mom bought second verse he steals their car and tries to gently caress a twelve year old

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Somehow everyone at work has failed to notice how lazy and incompetent I am, and I’ve been promoted :hellyeah: also a bunch of people when they were congratulating me were like “weren’t you a senior already :confused:” so ive really pulled the wool over these folks eyes lol

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Speaking of being burdens.
During my most recent SSI Financial Review the reviewer asks me 'why arn't you on your mom's social security, you'd likely get more money that way'. First, I've had HOW many of these calls and somebody is just mentioning it now? Second, ok I'll try to do that. Can't hurt.
Today I just got a big pile of paperwork from Social Security. It's like the stuff I filled out nearly 15 years ago. Now I'm worried and confused that it's going to be like applying from scratch. And if that's the case, no loving way. They denied me initially, I had to go to a loving hearing and I got lucky that the consulting doctor on the panel was sympathetic. I am NOT going through that poo poo again. So I'm going to the social security office tomorrow and try to make sense out of this.
So maybe it can hurt.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm really struggling here
I'd wager we could crowdfund you a laptop.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

SamuraiFoochs posted:

foochs, people like to help the people they love. it is not a burden on them, they get nice feelings from doing it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

I'd wager we could crowdfund you a laptop.

The money isn't the issue, it's my brain. That said I'm a mess about something else. Now if I'm gonna get a custom build of the model I want, because of the Intel processor shortage, I could apparently be waiting until MARCH. I think there's a prepared one ready to ship with all the specs I want, but there's just something about the idea of getting a machine built for me that just feels so much better. But the security death of W7 is January 14, and it was one thing when I thought I might be waiting an extra couple weeks, but a month+ has me concerned. How much fire would I be playing with waiting it out?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

you are worth something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i stole that off of she-ra: princesses of power but i think it is true