Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Lol Ready or Not is not Ready Player One

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

sorry my bad for being illiterate

still maintain that ready player one is the more cspam movie because we are not as cool as not margot robbie

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Some Guy TT posted:

movie reviews have been like this for at least a decade if not longer its an embarrassment to the craft and the inability of critics to realize this is why nobody takes them seriously anymore just makes the whole thing that much sadder

i caught some of it on cable awhile back and was honestly kind of shocked how much it veered away from self referential bullshit like the only characters who engaged in that were the ones that were explicitly being shown to be morons even the main character but his main redeeming quality is that he has a strong interest in how the game was originally developed demonstrating an unusually sincere curiousity in a world filled with idiots who worship brands

do want to actually finish it at some point but i can hardly blame myself for reacting to the movies base concept with raw hatred given the way it was marketed leafing through the source material at a department store didnt do it any favors either among the many stupid references i saw in the exactly two pages i read were a mention of how wil wheaton and cory doctorow were highly respected senators in the new video game based political system

That's ready played one and it's absokute dkgshit

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1207587606994833409

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

of all the things to double down on why cross market tie ins most viewers wont understand which will inevitably date the movie

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Holey moley. Someone please spoil this pos movie for me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
lol that disney managed to ruin star wars worse than lucas

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/ABCBTom/status/1207546898439135232?s=20

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Star Wars

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

Holey moley. Someone please spoil this pos movie for me.

Rey kills Palpatine the same way Mace Windu almost did, but this time she has two lightsabers and he's too dumb to turn off the force lightning. then she and the ex marine man OOORAH kiss and make the horny

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

how is that somehow stupider than all of the fake spoilers wed been getting up until now were they trying to top them on purpose

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Rey kills Palpatine the same way Mace Windu almost did, but this time she has two lightsabers and he's too dumb to turn off the force lightning. then she and the ex marine man OOORAH kiss and make the horny

its like poetry!!!!!!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Farm Frenzy posted:

its like poetry!!!!!!

when she kills palpatine she just crosses the lightsabers to make one big X. you know. like she's killing him with her X chromosomes

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thank you, this is worse than mikes time travel plot from rlm. If only Hollywood would just let someone tell a coherent three part 10 hour long story about ships going boom and laserswords.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

when she kills palpatine she just crosses the lightsabers to make one big X. you know. like she's killing him with her X chromosomes

I take all my bad thoughts back this is perfect

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

Thank you, this is worse than mikes time travel plot from rlm. If only Hollywood would just let someone tell a coherent three part 10 hour long story about ships going boom and laserswords.

That's based on what I've seen from leaked phone clips my friend sent to me. I'm also seeing claims that Palpatine is Rey's grandpa, and he kills Kylo. So they effectively killed the one cool bit from TLJ that lasted to its ending which was that Rey was just some person without a special lineage.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

hell yes. hell loving yes. YES

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

brain with some lights coming out of it: the prequels are good
silhoutted man sitting cross legged with lights coming out of his brain: The Last Jedi is good
floating man with lights everywhere and poo poo: the rise of skywalker is good

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

how are they explaining why palpatine is even around anymore is it really just oh they got his clone in rotj that wasnt really him

ive never consumed any of the eu stuff but i was always led to believe that palpatine having a gazillion clones and literally everyone having something to do with the death star plans were the main mocked tropes that made them terrible so im morbidly curious whether disney decided to bring that of all elements back

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Disney should hire Jason Aaron to write a script based on his unused script for a star wars comic about the stormtroopers hunting down Yoda and dagobah and it becomes predator with Yoda as the predator

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Disney as the ultimate capitalist entertainment company is beyond creatively bankrupt because they only want to make money

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/johnwilliamsnyt/status/1207330247915556864?s=20

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

rather than dance on corbyn's grave, jk rowling has decided to come out as anti trans

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1207646162813100033

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/zackogre/status/1207558509656596480?s=20

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

something about the entire world stopping to laugh at cats is really endearing. apparently critics were applauding at the screenings

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
JJ Abrams has betrayed the discourse for the last time

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

rotten tomatoes has it at seventeen percent

personally im expecting it to overperform the ideas weird as hell but its distinctive and the trailer seemed to pick up a lot more sincere buzz than anything regarding the new star wars baller move on the distrubitors part to schedule it on the same day as star wars too

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not watching another star wars movie but I'll totally watch the cat freakshow

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

The most positive thing I've heard about it is "it reminded me of Showgirls"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Star Wars is gonna make a shitton of money and be completely forgotten in a week while Cats is going to be a meme factory, I'd bet.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Disney should hire Jason Aaron to write a script based on his unused script for a star wars comic about the stormtroopers hunting down Yoda and dagobah and it becomes predator with Yoda as the predator

lol this sounds perfect and I don't like almost anything star wars

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

the Cats trailer generated buzz because it was like a waking nightmare

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Huh, a Star Wars I want to see aside from an adaptation of the Stackpole/Allston X-Wing books.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

drake no: Star Wars discourse

drake yes: cats discourse

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I mean assuming the cats are realistically aged, that does seem more towards his interests.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I mean assuming the cats are realistically aged, that does seem more towards his interests.

lol

anyways like a lovecraft protagonist my curiosity is overriding my apprehension and now I want to see cats regardless of the consequences

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
The burning question is who's going end being the protagonist from The Shadow Over Innsmouth?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

now that you mention it a lot of these terrified overreactions sound like they came from people who are in denial about being furries

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
I pray God will curse the writer, as the writer has cursed the world with this beautiful, stupendous creation, terrible in its simplicity, irresistible in its truth—a world which now trembles before Cats. When the French Government seized the translated copies which had just arrived in Paris, London, of course, became eager to read it. It is well known how the play spread like an infectious disease, from city to city, from continent to continent, barred out here, confiscated there, denounced by Press and pulpit, censured even by the most advanced of literary anarchists. No definite principles had been violated in those wicked pages, no doctrine promulgated, no convictions outraged. It could not be judged by any known standard, yet, although it was acknowledged that the supreme note of art had been struck in Cats, all felt that human nature could not bear the strain, nor thrive on words in which the essence of purest poison lurked. The very banality and innocence of the first act only allowed the blow to fall afterward with more awful effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

now that you mention it a lot of these terrified overreactions sound like they came from people who are in denial about being furries

I don't think most furries will get a kick out of Cats because they're too far on the human side of the anthro scale and fall square into the darkest pit of the uncanny valley