Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Oh no. Is she TE (not RF) too?

I never read Harry Potter, they're children's books. But I respected her at some point for saying "hey, I was on welfare, and I'm glad to pay tax to pay for other people on welfare." Then she was a Lib Dem. At this point mount the cross and crucify her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
It begins...

quote:

Boris Johnson to ‘stop tens of thousands voting’ by making photo ID mandatory at polling stations

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-queens-speech-voter-id-polling-station-a9253386.html

cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

https://twitter.com/janeclarejones/status/1207647689984421888?s=20

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I'm blocked :confused:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

as seen on the jav titles twitter

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pomp posted:

I'm blocked :confused:

she has a blog https://janeclarejones.com/

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Dravs posted:

It begins...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-queens-speech-voter-id-polling-station-a9253386.html

cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool, cool

the UK has no free national ID card, right? so this means people absolutely need either a passport or a driver's licence to vote, and presumably both of those cost money

cool

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

*british press* 'well this isn't that interesting, let's talk about how big and dumb corbyn is for losing instead'

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

You guys are really wilding out now that you know you got five years of Boris ahead

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

V. Illych L. posted:

the UK has no free national ID card, right? so this means people absolutely need either a passport or a driver's licence to vote, and presumably both of those cost money

cool

Yes Blair tried to introduce id cards but there was a huge backlash, people hated the idea. So you are pretty hosed for ID if you don't travel abroad or drive

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
In NI (where ID has been required at polling stations for years) you can get a free electoral identity card, but you need to send off a passport or driving license with your application to prove your identity lol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Has the push to relegalize fox hunting started yet?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

marktheando posted:

you are pretty hosed for ID if you don't travel abroad or drive

Guess how often poor inner city people do either of those things!

Dravs has issued a correction as of 16:22 on Dec 19, 2019

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a sorting hat you place over yr genitalia

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Lol, she deleted all her tweets because people were calling her out and instead just retreated to her safe blog where she posted images of those tweets and cherrypicked responses and wrote a bunch of victim narrative around them. What a loving baby

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

from what i can tell this is the same bollocks that jordan peterson started crying over, only in the uk

am i right?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

there's only 2 genders, Harry

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Whorelord posted:

from what i can tell this is the same bollocks that jordan peterson started crying over, only in the uk

am i right?

idk about the US case but my understanding is this case is about a woman whose contract wasn't renewed because she kept misgendering a trans co-worker. she tried to sue on the basis that she was being discriminated against for her philosophical beliefs, and the judge ruled being a transphobe is not a protected characteristic under the equalities act

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brexit going well it seems

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

marktheando posted:

idk about the US case but my understanding is this case is about a woman whose contract wasn't renewed because she kept misgendering a trans co-worker. she tried to sue on the basis that she was being discriminated against for her philosophical beliefs, and the judge ruled being a transphobe is not a protected characteristic under the equalities act

even if you're a sex essentialist it's like trying to argue that your opinions entitle you to create a hostile work environment

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Harry Potter and the Two Genders
Harry Potter and the Imaginary Third Gender
Harry Potter and the Bathrooms of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Terf Who Got Fired
Harry Potter and the Order of the Double-X
Harry Potter and the Intersex Prince
Harry Potter and the Womens Spaces

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1207684566384889856

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

lol imagine basically throwing slurs at people and then making a fuss when you're not invited back

what an idiot

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Johnson just told Scotland to eat poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"way ahead a ye"

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Judge sounds cool

https://twitter.com/OriginalOestrus/status/1207669911578927106?s=20

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Lawman 0 posted:

shocking :geno:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Lawman 0 posted:

He said Scottish people shouldn't be allowed to be prime minister like over a decade ago

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

marktheando posted:

the canadian government added gender identity to its list of protected classes. this caused noted peterson to piss himself over "compelled speech" (which is why i mentioned him as i'd seen it said on twitter a bit), saying he'd go on hunger strike etc if he was ever charged. this never happened but i'm sure he sold a lot of books because of it

that said i'm honestly surprised that political/philosophical beliefs are even a protected characteristic in the first place, but i know sod all about employment law anyway

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

marktheando posted:

He said Scottish people shouldn't be allowed to be prime minister like over a decade ago

jesus christ scotland hosed up so badly voting to stay in the UK lol

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

hemale in pain posted:

cuckland

(scotland please don't use this post as evidence against granting me asylum in 5 years or so tyvm)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

It was early days. Austerity had only killed a few thousand. Cameron and his cabinet were run of the mill Tories funneling money to their interests while not being ideologically driven about anything. Maybe Labour would get back in power for another ten years and we could pretend itt was the early 2000's again.

Now Trump is president, Boris is primeminster and we're leaving the EU.

Yeah they hosed up but I don't think anyone predicted the end times of 2016-2020.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scotland is now officially an occupied territory

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

johnson gonna bring back the verse about marshal wade

it's funny to me that scotland has in the SNP a party whose main goal is only possible through a friendly westminster government, which it sells by westminster hating scotland

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Looking forward to annual independence referendums (referenda?) being a thing.

Do you think Ireland and Scotland will take turns

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

it's true, we hosed it. now it will be at least five years before we can escape.

unless sturgeon can somehow bait boris into allowing indyref 2, the man is at least as stupid and arrogant as cameron so I wouldn't rule it out completely.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

tbh i don't think independence would've actually helped anything much for scotland. they would've had the same issues as the UK has re: brexit, except that they could've tried very hard to make spain let them join the Union despite being filthy secessionists. don't think it would've gone very well, and if it didn't they would've been left begging for trade deals much like johnson is going to have to do now. scotland is also iirc a net recipient of central funds, though obviously that number is bloated a lot by the City of London having such a massive paper value

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

bring back the heptarchy imo

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Whorelord posted:

the canadian government added gender identity to its list of protected classes. this caused noted peterson to piss himself over "compelled speech" (which is why i mentioned him as i'd seen it said on twitter a bit), saying he'd go on hunger strike etc if he was ever charged. this never happened but i'm sure he sold a lot of books because of it

that said i'm honestly surprised that political/philosophical beliefs are even a protected characteristic in the first place, but i know sod all about employment law anyway

Republican/tory employers firing employees because they talk about things like income inequality etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

one thing which is really cool is going cycling in scotland and seeing all the rich people buying up farmland and building nightmare glass mansions in the middle of nowhere. it's very charming and really blends in with their idyllic surroundings

rich people are great and have good taste!!