Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mercury Crusader posted:

A ton of classic Data East games are on sale at 75% off but they all have branding associated with the old TurboGrafx "mascot" Johnny Turbo for some reason.

Ooh do they have that arcade game where you just whip the poo poo out of everything like w crazy Indiana Jones film?

This one: The Cliffhanger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERHTunLf3GE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Ooh do they have that arcade game where you just whip the poo poo out of everything like w crazy Indiana Jones film?

This one: The Cliffhanger

Unfortunately, no. The Data East catalog is weird because it's split across multiple companies. I believe G-Mode owns most of the catalog (and is part of those Johnny Turbo releases), with Paon owning the second-most of the catalog (including Karnov and Windjammers), and then the rest are kinda scattered.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Inzombiac posted:

While I feel like a chump for paying full price for DQ11 because I don't have time for games like that, it turns out I'm about to have 13 days off.

So, as Mario famously said, "It's-a go time!"

Pretty sure the switch edition has never been on sale

I'd scoop it up the second it dips down to below $50, frankly

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

While I feel like a chump for paying full price for DQ11 because I don't have time for games like that, it turns out I'm about to have 13 days off.

So, as Mario famously said, "It's-a go time!"

e:nm

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Nothing I wanted is on sale but I picked up Wilmot's Warehouse and wowee zowee I could play this game for the rest of my life.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
What an awful sale.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Weedle posted:

Nothing I wanted is on sale but I picked up Wilmot's Warehouse and wowee zowee I could play this game for the rest of my life.
Holy crap, the game I didn't realize I needed :stare:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

not a bot posted:

What an awful sale.

It's not live yet if you are in the US. You may still be looking at the Game Awards sale.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Ragequit posted:

It's not live yet if you are in the US. You may still be looking at the Game Awards sale.

OK that explains a lot.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-eShop/Nintendo-eShop-Sale/Nintendo-eShop-Sale-1460557.html

It's here. It just doesn't have any nintendo games.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Weedle posted:

Oh my god, how did I not know about this game?! :eyepop:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fly Ricky posted:

This is the "big" sale? What a poo poo show.

That bartender game was on sale, so I picked it up. But yeah, my patience quickly waned scrolling through all the crap.

nice, been wanting this.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
yeah wilmot's warehouse is good. simone from polygon made it their goty for all the dang organizing feel-goods for our broken brains.

also fire emblem: 3 houses deffo needs a "skip the first few months but still get the quest rewards to unlock basic monastery features" NG+ option, yeop.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
That warehouse game sounds like my kinda time

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Can multiple Switch accounts on the same console all use the same Nintendo Online account? My brother got a Switch for his family for Christmas and I want to gift them a year of Online but I'm not sure how it will work if they all get their own account.

vvvv Thank you

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 19, 2019

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

No, but there’s a family plan that works for up to eight accounts for just $35/year.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If people are still waffling on Mario x Rabbids, that sale price is really good. It's a really good game y'all

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mana collection is $20

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Somehow I thought :nsa: was the Wilmot guy

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
wilmot owns

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo

https://www.dekudeals.com/

Transistor for $4
Wonderboy for $8
Crypt for $4
Bastion $3
Rabids with all DLC $20
Yoku $7

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 19, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Not a Children posted:

Pretty sure the switch edition has never been on sale

I'd scoop it up the second it dips down to below $50, frankly

I've seen it at $50 quite a few times

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
When does the sale start in North America?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Castor Poe posted:

When does the sale start in North America?

I think it is up now

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I think it is up now

Thanks buddy

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rabbids gold edition for 20 clams is a STEAL.

Also, everyone should buy Bastion and Transistor.

Get Yoku if you like platformers and/or pinball.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have thoughts on Mercenaries Saga Chronicles or Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix? I am up for another tactical tile RPG, but the Disgaea games look too convoluted and crowded with mechanics.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Rabbids gold edition for 20 clams is a STEAL.

Also, everyone should buy Bastion and Transistor.

Get Yoku if you like platformers and/or pinball.

And if you already own it, season pass is $10

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Obra Dinn is still $20.

I know it's worth it but I'm on a budget, maaaaan.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I just picked up Golf Story for $2 (I had some gold points to spend)

That's a good one right

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Another must buy for puzzle fans

Piczle Lines DX for $7.50

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

COOL CORN posted:

I just picked up Golf Story for $2 (I had some gold points to spend)

That's a good one right
:yeah:

Everyone who thinks they might even remotely enjoy Golf Story should grab it for $2, I paid full price and loved it and I'm pumped for Sports Story next year

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

:yeah:

Everyone who thinks they might even remotely enjoy Golf Story should grab it for $2, I paid full price and loved it and I'm pumped for Sports Story next year

:agreed:

If I never played a final fantasy, is there a recommended one to start with? I see quite a few of em in this sale

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

start with X imo

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Casu Marzu posted:

If I never played a final fantasy, is there a recommended one to start with? I see quite a few of em in this sale

9 has a ton of charm, if a bit easy. 7 is a great entry point but the graphics haven’t aged well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Casu Marzu posted:

X is probably the easiest to get into these days. It still looks great and the story is fairly linear.

12 is easier, in fact it's brain dead but the format is not for everyone.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Stelio Kontos posted:

9 has a ton of charm, if a bit easy. 7 is a great entry point but the graphics haven’t aged well.
9's charming as hell, but I'd agree with the poster above you - 10's newer and it really shows, even with the remake.

8 and 12 are very polarizing i.e. don't get them first, 7 is old and frankly the translation isn't that good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

Either 7, 9, or 10.

I’d recommend 10.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

9's charming as hell, but I'd agree with the poster above you - 10's newer and it really shows, even with the remake.

8 and 12 are very polarizing i.e. don't get them first, 7 is old and frankly the translation isn't that good.

I am a big fan of 7, but if you don't have nostalgia for it just wait for the PS4 FFVII Remake release in March:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riZnqb1NthM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
If I enjoy Persona (not SMT though), anime, and j-pop, will I enjoy Tokyo Mirage Sessions? I still feel like I know nothing about it, or what type of game it is.