Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Are you constantly at low fatigue? Download speed and stamina tweaked, it makes running not drain fatigue. At 0 fatigue you hit 30% less and get hit 30% more. I dont know if they intended for you to walk everywhere or what but that sucks rear end

Walk everywhere, chug restore fatigue potions, or boost endurance. Something I enjoyed about playing with stat/skill growth uncapped: Once you're over 125 Endurance, your national Fatigue regeneration is enough to balance out running full-tilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The "running drains stamina" thing is pretty dumb and a sign of very outdated game design. But I never bothered to remove it because I will never not do Alchemy and it's trivial to just make a thousand restore/fortify fatigue potions.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If you find yourself stumbling into trouble when you're tired, stop being so reckless. Keep an eye out. If you're entering unfamiliar territory, and you think it might be hostile, slow down to a walk, look around, catch your breath, and be ready for trouble.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
At low levels just run the gently caress away from anyone with a two-handed weapon.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lots of bandits in random caves are like level 20

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

raminasi posted:

At low levels just run the gently caress away from anyone with a two-handed weapon.

I discovered on my last character that at low levels I could fight exactly one guy using a two-handed weapon per day. I was an Imperial so I could use Star of The West and at low levels it just bottoms out their stamina and they can't hit anything.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Well, this went faster than expected and it just cost me another night's sleep.

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/tamriel-rebuilt-1912-release

Have fun!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I dunno if this has something to do with my playing a gish character, but do I really only get 1hp pr endurance?

edit: also, whats the point of uncappers? Don't they just make the game incredibly easy?

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 20, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Atrayonis posted:

Have fun!

You're doing the Tribunal's work.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Atrayonis posted:

Have fun!

Reinstall initiated

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Does TR break any mods that doesn't deal with things outside Vvardenfell/Mournhold?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Should be fine as long as there aren't any landmass conflict.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

DJ Dizzy posted:

Does TR break any mods that doesn't deal with things outside Vvardenfell/Mournhold?

Tr doesnt even break mournhold

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Any mods that conflict in landspace are obviously incompatible, but overwhelmingly the ones who did that are old mods. Most modders nowadays take TR into account.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

DJ Dizzy posted:

edit: also, whats the point of uncappers? Don't they just make the game incredibly easy?

I mean, eventually. My preferred style is to have skills/attributes able to go over 100, but also to have the leveling progress slowed down substantially. At some point, as I focus on it, I'll eventually be able to completely shrug off a lot of earlier challenges. Usually, I'll steadily remove other things I've been using to get an edge (stop wearing artifact-quality armor, then stop wearing armor that isn't purely for fashion, etc.). I see it as a more gradual and organic way of breaking the game's difficulty curve than the traditional alchemy and/or enchanting.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Sky Shadowing posted:

Any mods that conflict in landspace are obviously incompatible, but overwhelmingly the ones who did that are old mods. Most modders nowadays take TR into account.

Back in the day there were a wild array of new landmasses you could add, but yeah these days almost everything that isn't TR is either dead or new enough to account for TR.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Atrayonis posted:

Psst...

Don't spread this without reason. You're the first people to see it outside of TR leads. Expect this to hit in 24 to 48 hours.

Was that.... Was that an argonian with a human face and boobs?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

The MUMPSorceress posted:

Was that.... Was that an argonian with a human face and boobs?

argonians have mammaries
argonians have mammaries
argonians have mammaries telvanni in this bitch

Orv
May 4, 2011
No, thank you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A bog standard lizard tit mod.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

Back in the day there were a wild array of new landmasses you could add, but yeah these days almost everything that isn't TR is either dead or new enough to account for TR.

Reported for flagrant C0da abuse

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i'm booty island

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

:grin:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

i'm Tar Mar

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I swear to god some of those mods never existed

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I swear to god some of those mods never existed

I assure you morroland is very very real

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
I now want a new Morrowind Gold Edition (tm) pack with every single landmass mod included. Especially the overlapping ones.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Cantorsdust posted:

I now want a new Morrowind Gold Edition (tm) pack with every single landmass mod included. Especially the overlapping ones.

I did basically that once, except that I moved all the landmasses with the, err, landmass mover tool.

Noted modder Abot did a mega lp of the same thing, if you are curious.

It's rather wild.

e: Changed the link to the first episode. Yes it's been running for over three years now, what of it?

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 22, 2019

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Doc Hawkins posted:

i'm booty island

There are three islands marked "Booty Island".

Lotta booty out there.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Which landmass mods in that map are the good ones? I heard good things about Silgrad and Wizard's Islands back in the day, but I know the former will be replaced by TR.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Dreamsicle posted:

Which landmass mods in that map are the good ones? I heard good things about Silgrad and Wizard's Islands back in the day, but I know the former will be replaced by TR.

White Wolf of Lokken is very cute. I'd recommend giving that one a try. Story's cliché, but the landscaping is nice.

Wizards Islands was pretty impressive back then, but it's not without its flaws. The big one I remember is that its textures had no mipmaps, so things at a distance looked all shimmery and weird (not in a good way), there's a big-rear end cathedral that really doesn't fit right, and the dialogues are full of typos.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I was so excited when Wizard's Island was in development. What a let down

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Ms Adequate posted:

This map shamefully leaves out Osama's Hideout from the "Hunt Osama bin Laden" mod.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I assure you morroland is very very real
Oh I'll never forget that one.

Good ones: Havish, Booty Island (yes really), Veldion, Black Mill, Goblin Lab (just for the sheer ambition - it has FMVs!), Lothavors Legacy, White Wolf of Lokken, Korobal Island, Haldenshore, Inferno Island

Some of these may have aged badly or never actually been good, but they're all memorable and ambitious enough to be worth checking out imo. Glory Road is... also very memorable and ambitious but it was too embarrassingly weird and horny for me even when I was 14.

Also I believe Muffinwind only conflicts with Morrowland but probably conflicts with TR now, it didn't when I made it but yes

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 25, 2019

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Also I believe Muffinwind only conflicts with Morrowland but probably conflicts with TR now, it didn't when I made it but yes

There are ways of moving exteriors cells to wherever you want, if you want to resolve that

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Is this a safe place to say the hard n'wah

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Oberst posted:

Is this a safe place to say the hard n'wah

Trying to figure out what part of n'wah would be hard.

Saying the 'wha like a southerner says "what"?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Only if you're daring, fetcher.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
On the first day of CHIMmas
My console gave to me
A cliff racer stuck in a tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Chomp8645 posted:

Trying to figure out what part of n'wah would be hard.

Saying the 'wha like a southerner says "what"?

That family guy cool whip skit, but with Morrowind insults.