Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

drat horror queefs posted:

Lol holy poo poo, that Fox media account completely missing the point by wanting to repost it is loving poetic

poo poo, I missed that.

https://twitter.com/TygerbugGarrett/status/1207299630720942081

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

:lol:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:dudsmile:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

lol

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

The City of New York Vs Homer has a buttload of jokes just land perfectly and is one of my most memorable. Its Homer at his funniest. It has Khav Kalesh guy. The ending where he just says gently caress it and drives off with the boot still on the car wrecks me.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I just want to nominate 22 Short Films About Springfield. The most distilled vision of Simpsons comedic sensibilities, capturing the vast scope of it's world and characters fleshed out over 7 seasons. The only downside you could list is it's the story and emotionality that are also the bedrock of Simpsons. But where those aspects remain (though lessened) in today's shallower version of the simpsons, the wit and logical absurdity has been lost and may never be recreated. And it's those aspects the episode celebrate, creating an impeachable high mark that perhaps no other television show could recreate.

But on the other hand, A Star is Burns' Football in the Groin had a football in the groin.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Hihohe posted:

The City of New York Vs Homer has a buttload of jokes just land perfectly and is one of my most memorable. Its Homer at his funniest. It has Khav Kalesh guy. The ending where he just says gently caress it and drives off with the boot still on the car wrecks me.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

whyfyadisclosed.jpg

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Ah! Well. Nevertheless,

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Haha goddamn

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

I honestly can't think of an episode that, as an entire unit, I like better than Summer of 4'2". It's got some great moments with each member of the family (the Bart and Lisa moment with the honey, Homer with the firework, Marge going shopping with Lisa) an emotionally resonant ending, and of course, the Dud.

There are individual moments, even from much later episodes, that may be better than the peak of Summer, but as a whole episode, I don't think it can be beaten.

(Though, if you're from the area, The Town (where they go to Boston) is full of some good lines. "Free sunscreen? How progressive. *pause* Excuse me, do you vaccinate your children?" "Of couahse!" "But not STUPID progressive!" gets me every time, as does "Move your freaking gahbage cah, I gotta get to the Pakie before the B's drop puck!")

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I always thought it was "four-eyed lame-o"

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

alexandriao posted:

I always thought it was "four-eyed lame-o"

That's a different quote where homer is trying to think like Flanders.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

TheMostFrench posted:

That's a different quote where homer is trying to think like Flanders.

The Springfield River!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
I thought of this while half asleep and forgot and had to go through all the early simpsons episodes to try and remember what I thought of.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Forever posting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j58V2vC9EPc

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Uncle Wemus fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 21, 2019

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

i love serjs face in this.

some more soad from that thread

https://twitter.com/alanfanciful/status/1207789884599087110

https://twitter.com/OrnamentalMatt/status/1207797552168484864

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Balls are in Parking Lot. Would you like to Thank You Come Again?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 22, 2019

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Lol

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo this is innovative and inspired

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Let it be known that Homer getting his hand trapped in the toaster twice is a dumb joke, and might be the most I ever laughed watching this show. BRB, gonna watch that scene again.

Edit:. Yep, still loving hilarious

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?