Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Data Graham posted:

Cis supremacists

This works well bc you’ll wind up accidentally spitting on them no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Tbh terf works assuming they’re still doing it on ‘feminist’ grounds but it’s about time we just started acting like that f stands for ‘fuckwit’ anyway, throw in a ‘reactionary’ for ‘radical’ too while we’re at it, let’s not drag perfectly good surf lingo into this

i mean i do prefer the term Feminism-Appropriating Reactionary Transphobe anyway

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

you'd have to be pretty loving dense to believe that poo poo has anything to do with feminism

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Cis supremacists

Supremacysts

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Sagebrush posted:

Is there a male equivalent of a TERF? Some sort of radical MRA who hates transmen?

I only know a few trans dudes but they're all your classic hard drinkin' hard fartin' good old boys with pimped out cars and motorcycles and idk who could have a problem with that

They’d have to accept trans men as a group of people that exists first, so no

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

hawowanlawow posted:

you'd have to be pretty loving dense to believe that poo poo has anything to do with feminism

Honestly though. Feminism was a way of saying "stop reducing me to my biology" and they're going whole hog "all that matters is my biology!" It's a different school of :biotruths: and just as reductive and harmful.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Tbh terf works assuming they’re still doing it on ‘feminist’ grounds but it’s about time we just started acting like that f stands for ‘fuckwit’ anyway, throw in a ‘reactionary’ for ‘radical’ too while we’re at it, let’s not drag perfectly good surf lingo into this

Counterpoint: SWERF & TERF is too good to just abandon

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Why would do you this analysis and not shame those 13 people?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Oh, it took me another few posts to realise she didn't mean sex as in people boning and women getting sacked for daring to talk about it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

MizPiz posted:

Counterpoint: SWERF & TERF is too good to just abandon

Yeah, losing that would be a huge blow imo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
She wasn't even fired, her contract wasn't renewed.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Sagebrush posted:

Is there a male equivalent of a TERF? Some sort of radical MRA who hates transmen?

I only know a few trans dudes but they're all your classic hard drinkin' hard fartin' good old boys with pimped out cars and motorcycles and idk who could have a problem with that

Yes, TERF. Just TERFs aren't progressive enough to realize that yet.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Sagebrush posted:

goblin week posted:

They’d have to accept trans men as a group of people that exists first, so no

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

Oh, it took me another few posts to realise she didn't mean sex as in people boning and women getting sacked for daring to talk about it.

that interpretation reads like a Chuck Tingle tweet

and speaking of which, not an idiot

https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/1207678085967036416?s=20

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

i dont think this was written by Donnie.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Welp, he nutted up

https://twitter.com/JoeySalads/status/1207514861204377602?s=19

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this reminds me that all large airports are required to document and publish a record of all the noise complaints they receive every year. the introduction always starts out "as usual, the majority of noise complaints came from a small number of highly motivated individuals."

as you can see, the average person who submits a noise complaint submits 60-100 of them per year. but that is only the average; the median is something like 1.2 complaints per person. the remainder are submitted by Airplanes Georg, an angry retiree who sits at home all day and calls the noise hotline with a separate complaint for every single plane that departs the airport all year long

quote:

One individual in Monterey Park, California, near Los Angeles International Airport, made 589 calls in June; three callers made up 88% of complaints that month about LAX. At Ronald Reagan National Airport in Washington DC, two individuals at one residence made 78% of the complaints registered in 2015. In Denver, one person who lived 30 miles from the main airport made 73% of complaints in 2015. And in Seattle?

[O]ne individual complains so frequently that her grievances are not transcribed in full but simply tallied at the end of the month. While airport employees provide summaries of other calls, the description of this particular individual’s calls is, “Same complaint over and over. Records a/c flying over.”

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Dec 19, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

100% of these complaints are from people who moved into their houses long after the airport existed

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Darkhold posted:

I admit I've always been slightly dubious about the claims of her being a TERF (mostly something about her block list?) but yeah if she's taken that woman's side she can go to hell.

She's not a radical feminist by any stripe, but as a Birtish neoliberal hating on trans women is to be expected. They've all pretty much jumped on that bandwagon thanks to mumsnet and not having better poo poo to focus on.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
No he didn't

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dr. Dick N. Bawls

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

*looks at the signature*

Looks like he's shooting blanks to me.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

BY THE EMPEROR!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sunswipe posted:

No, really, he's got brain damage, right? He's genuinely retroactively ruining things he was involved in for me. I need some way to say "It's OK to still enjoy Father Ted, The Day Today, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. He was a different person then."

He’s not like super involved in Garth marenghi right? I thought he just had a cameo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ambitious Spider posted:

He’s not like super involved in Garth marenghi right? I thought he just had a cameo

I didn't even remember he was in it, just one episode. Actually the one episode I remember not liking so much in an otherwise great series.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm still a big fan of the Arthur Matthews series that he wrote all by himself, Father Ted.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Mark Hamill liked the tweet, so as a kid who loved Luke Skywalker I sympathize with the people who are having a hard time dealing with Rowling's bullshit today.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://mobile.twitter.com/WilliamSHorn3/status/1207359925791289345

A stupider definition of "chair" than Graham Linehan's horse.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

TinTower posted:

lmao good god, hold on a second

e: I am so glad I didn't pull the trigger on the thread title about the terminally online nose twerp with the fake orchidectomy

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 02:34 on Dec 20, 2019

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

christmas boots posted:

Mark Hamill liked the tweet, so as a kid who loved Luke Skywalker I sympathize with the people who are having a hard time dealing with Rowling's bullshit today.

Wait really. But he's the Best Joker.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

TinTower posted:

Doesn't have the punch of "Behold! A man!"

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AlisaCantTweet/status/1207851890261790720?s=19

edit: hit post too fast. he address it in the response. apparently he misunderstood it

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It popped up on my timeline, yeah.

https://twitter.com/artinventcr/status/1207833556585762816

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Yep:

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1207854845006233600

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/williamshorn3/status/1207831262616018944?s=21

https://twitter.com/williamshorn3/status/1207831687272574976?s=21

Apparently literally anything that prevents you from reaching the Earth’s core is an antigravity machine as long as it means trans people don’t exist.

chitoryu12 has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Dec 20, 2019

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

By all accounts Hamill is a real stand up guy. I'm glad I can enjoy at least this part of my childhood without a bad taste in my mouth

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

grittyreboot posted:

By all accounts Hamill is a real stand up guy. I'm glad I can enjoy at least this part of my childhood without a bad taste in my mouth

You shouldn't, he spends all his time at Toshii station, doesn't want to help his aunt and uncle around their farm.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Need to check if Limmy has cancelled him, it might be too late.

E: phew, he escaped this time.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Limmy is cancelled for not cancelling JK Rowling yet

Sturgeon must condemn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1207873421230493696

Did she go to a liberal coffee shop after? :rolleyes: