Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Cu Chulainn posted:

Apparently F/SF is getting an OVA in the near future, so the crossover event is looking very likely now

Honestly I'm freaking excited if it means we get Fake Beserker or the F/SF Saber. The setting is great for a crossover event.

Not an OVA, just an animated trailer for the release of the newest volume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

So the game just runs super badly on newer iPhones right? It was fine on my old phone, but that one just died, now it runs super slowly.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Ytlaya posted:

Feel bad for this guy on my support list with a limit broken 5* event CE but only an NP1 grailed Ereshkigal. Clearly took him a lot of rolls if he got that many CEs in the process.

lol have you never been burned by the gacha? that seems like totally reasonable luck

edit: ^^ Yeah, the game isn't optimized for newer iphones and I don't think we have the unity update yet.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

OnimaruXLR posted:

A lot of that is playing to the strengths of a medium though. You can write your rear end off with an elaborate action scene in text until your fingers bleed and it's never going to be as impressive as something in motion, or even something with as much art direction as comics. Having Cu get chumped in the movie would just be "Oh? Is that it?"

I think they did a good job with the action/quiet scene balance in the HF movies. The VN had plenty of chuuni action so I wouldn't have wanted them to ignore that aspect. I think they did a good job of condensing the character interactions and demonstrating the characters' motivations in the movies too. E.g. the scene they added where Illya overhears how Kiritsugu kept trying to save her and didn't simply abandon and replace her with Shirou explains why she'd change her attitude towards Shirou.

An example of an anime that did an awful job handling action scenes was the Tsukihime series; all the action scenes felt really underwhelming since they were a lot blander and simpler than what was described in the VN. I guess they didn't have the budget for decent actions scenes.

FSF has a ton of characters and lots of combat, but its failing is that we don't really have a reason to care for those characters. As for FGO, the pacing was awful in the earlier chapters since you got a lot of story filler and plenty short scenes that were constantly interrupted by meaningless fights. That has admittedly gotten better in later chapters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

serefin99 posted:

More specifically, it's because we got Enkidu early that we won't get any of the SF Servants before it ends. From what I heard, the author got really upset (purposely avoiding saying 'threw a fit' here) about Enkidu's addition, and asked that they not include anyone else any more.
I don't think he really got upset about Enkidu's addition exactly, more the ways FGO was constraining him. He wanted to use Dantes and Edison and FGO undercut him twice, and he asked for information on who might be added in the future and was denied. Going 'well, at least don't use any of my Servants until I'm done for spoilers' sake' is understandable. And even then, I think 'upset' isn't the right word, it's a reasonable request that they've honored.

Factor_VIII posted:

An example of an anime that did an awful job handling action scenes was the Tsukihime series; all the action scenes felt really underwhelming since they were a lot blander and simpler than what was described in the VN. I guess they didn't have the budget for decent actions scenes.
I forget how many fights the Tsuki anime had but Tsukihime the VN only has like 5 action scenes across all five routes, iirc?. Shiki vs Nrvnqsr, Shiki vs Roa, Shiki vs SHIKI, Akiha vs SHIKI, and Shiki vs Akiha. I guess there's two separate instances of Shiki fighting Nrvnqsr but the first one isn't so much a fight as 'trying not to get eaten by a crocodile.'

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 19, 2019

510rems
Mar 26, 2010
NP refund seems completely arcane to me. I've been using the double merlin/waver/berserker lancelot setup to do the gate missions and was doing fine up until the berserker gate. On previous gates I was getting ~30% refund, but on this new gate I'm only getting about 20% or so back which doesn't let me NP the first two waves. This wouldn't be so bad if this setup wasn't already relying on RNG card distribution to get the 3T.

re: fate strange fake: Richard the Lionheart is a really cool servant and I hope they get added to the game eventually.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Endorph posted:

I forget how many fights the Tsuki anime had but Tsukihime the VN only has like 5 action scenes across all five routes, iirc?. Shiki vs Nrvnqsr, Shiki vs Roa, Shiki vs SHIKI, Akiha vs SHIKI, and Shiki vs Akiha. I guess there's two separate instances of Shiki fighting Nrvnqsr but the first one isn't so much a fight as 'trying not to get eaten by a crocodile.'

It's been years, but I vaguely remember Shiki versus Arcueid in the Ciel route.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

510rems posted:

NP refund seems completely arcane to me. I've been using the double merlin/waver/berserker lancelot setup to do the gate missions and was doing fine up until the berserker gate. On previous gates I was getting ~30% refund, but on this new gate I'm only getting about 20% or so back which doesn't let me NP the first two waves. This wouldn't be so bad if this setup wasn't already relying on RNG card distribution to get the 3T.

re: fate strange fake: Richard the Lionheart is a really cool servant and I hope they get added to the game eventually.

Berserkers give less NP when hitting them.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

510rems posted:

Berserkers give less NP when you hit them.

510rems
Mar 26, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Berserkers give less NP when hitting them.

Terper posted:

That makes sense I guess. Thanks for the info.

Broshevik
Mar 25, 2011

No Pain
LB5 Servant spoilers

Orion is a god drat beast of a servant and unless they radically change fights sabers will never be a problem again if you have him. With self buffs only he was doing 200k+ damage buster crits on neutral targets and with waver/merlin + self buffs he was doing 230k+ hits to Lancers. An absolute Chad of an archer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The main issue with new Orion is with the existence of most of the more challenging content being multi enemy based and multiple enemy servants having break bars he is going to be stopped and started on his turns a lot and his big damage skills all only really last a turn so you've got to be choosy about his burst damage.

That being said with NP alone he is a monster and can do a lot. He just won't be the most optimal choice because of how servant targetting works wrt to killing enemies with break bars.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ruby Prism posted:

It's been years, but I vaguely remember Shiki versus Arcueid in the Ciel route.

You might be thinking of Shiki vs. Natsuki in the Akiha Route, as she got turned by ROA and goes on a bit of a spree trying to turn Shiki.

Then again, it's fair. Pretty much everyone forgets about Natsuki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgp_8p59zPY

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Forget her so much, you forgot her name was Satsuki

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
That, too, was according to my calculations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Not gonna fix that error, it's too good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Did I miss Bunyan forever?

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I believe Bunyan gets a rerun during next anniversary.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Squiddycat posted:

Did I miss Bunyan forever?

On JP, possibly.

On NA, no; she'll be available again next summer.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

On JP, possibly.

On NA, no; she'll be available again next summer.

Oh thank god. I thought I was just going to have to settle with being thankful I haven't missed Cha Cha forever

Thanks.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Terper posted:

Between stuff like this and Caster/Assassin ATK tax, FGO has so much hidden bullshit that I wish didn't exist.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Everyone will get very familiar with the intricacies of NP refund once Skadi becomes a thing.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Bakanogami posted:

Everyone will get very familiar with the intricacies of NP refund once Skadi becomes a thing.

I know it's easy to forget this in today's JP conversation, but not everyone is going to roll Skadi.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

NRVNQSR posted:

I know it's easy to forget this in today's JP conversation, but not everyone is going to roll Skadi.

Right they'll just use Your Friend's Skadi.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Dr Pepper posted:

Right they'll just use Your Friend's Skadi.

That doesn't work in this case; you need both your own Skadi and your friend's Skadi to make NP refund strategies work.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm not sure why anyone would skip a farming support with 50% targetable battery/30% def down but i suppose millions of different people are playing this game

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

dogsicle posted:

i'm not sure why anyone would skip a farming support with 50% targetable battery/30% def down but i suppose millions of different people are playing this game

No money and no luck?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsieurChoc posted:

No money and no luck?

Or lack of interest in Skadi and/or powergaming through a game where all the story content can be cleared by one particular fully upgraded 3*

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I love how they keep doing new stuff with the VN cutscene format, like today's *Reenactment.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's cool, it doesn't change the majority of discussion is gonna swing to that poo poo because she's gonna be a popular meta character and that's where discussion tends to go when it's not about story stuff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

No money and no luck?

both of those seem different to me than not trying at all

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

some people just straight up dont care in the slightest about rolling for gameplay reasons

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The How and Why of Uruk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6AymaTvfXE

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I got bored waiting for Jeanne so I rolled a few times on Abby and got nothing

I've learned my lesson, I think. Never roll in boredom.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 20, 2019

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

some people just straight up dont care in the slightest about rolling for gameplay reasons

I mean she’s also cute

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

She is a cute Scathach that dress up as a magical girl.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

definitely a spoiler

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I don't like scathach and I don't roll for gameplay so I'm not gonna try for her. :shrug:

I didn't roll for Merlin or Jalter either.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I don't relly care that much for Skadi as a character but I like Okita and therefore I want to acquire thr Servants that can make Okita better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just wanna farm fast and easy, so dantes and skadi are my best friends