Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Guilty posted:

Does anyone have a Vome mod word to trade/sell? It has been a week of farming and I even went crazy and spent plat on relic packs to get this drat loving mod. I have like 10 weapon exilus adapters but only six of the eight mod words. This is the worst system ever, this lich is killing me

Are you on switch? I might have one.

I enjoy the whole lich thing? I feel like I'm the only one. I'm going to grind out an entire crew for kicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
If anyone has a Vauban Prime Systems BP to trade for other prime parts on PS4 let me know because I spent the entire weekend unsuccessfully cracking radiant Lith V8 relics and I’m really peeved about it. Drowning in Vectis stocks and Fragor handles over here.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
Thanks for the hard work on the Switch Dry Dock guys. We did good.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!
I just tried to solo an Eidolon for the first time. I managed to take out both legs and the gun arm, and the tree arm was halfway down, but I was on my last life and very little health. I was playing as Inaros, and hadn't thought to try draining Vomvalysts while bleeding out, hence my low lives. (Does anyone know if that works?) I ran to try to find some Grineer to eat, and on the way, got ganked by a vampire Kavat.

Still pretty good for a first try, I think.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So how the heck DO you do an Archwing dodge on console? It's not listed anywhere I can find and I've mashed every button combo I can think of.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012
New blink was delayed on consoles because there aren't enough buttons to map controls to.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Flytrap posted:

So how the heck DO you do an Archwing dodge on console? It's not listed anywhere I can find and I've mashed every button combo I can think of.

I was trying to find it on my brand new itzhal(?) while doing fissure missions and I somehow tossed the condensed coolant off into the snowy wilds from like 1km in the sky :(

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

smallmouth posted:

Are you on switch? I might have one.

I enjoy the whole lich thing? I feel like I'm the only one. I'm going to grind out an entire crew for kicks.

Just saw this now, I caved and bought the lich pack for the mods. Iiked the armor set anyways, thought it was cool, and after a week of playing and having my rewards stolen and getting nowhere, it was getting ridiculous. Now I've stockpiled 14 Requiem 1 relics, and like 1 each of the others. I might have to ask a mod why I only get requeim 1 relics.

In other news, since we got the rail Jack update super close to the lich update, which one are you guys playing? I'm trying to do kuva liches because I feel like the rewards are more powerful, and I'm about at that point where I need to figure out how to smash end game content, I can jog quickly through end game content, but can't just stroll easily through it. How are the rail Jack rewards? Worth it?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

hypnophant posted:

New blink was delayed on consoles because there aren't enough buttons to map controls to.

lmao that explains so much

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I’ve done two liches so far. One I converted and the other, Dixukk Arzbeni, killed for his tonkor. I now own the DIXUKK ARZBENI KUVA TONKOR. It’s a fun weapon.

I can definitely see how a lower level player getting stuck with a lich would suck. When they’re level 5 they spawn level 100+ cronies and things get hairy fast.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 18, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You might as well focus on liches cause there's nothing to do with the jack until empyrean drops. I wouldn't expect that for months cause it's so fresh on PC and they're working bugs and QoL fixes out for the moment. Though the console localization team's work is largely invisible to us, so it could be faster

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
OH MY loving GOD EMPYREAN IS DROPPING ON PS4 IN 5 MINUTES

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Raptor1033 posted:

lol what the poo poo

Rising tide was out for like

A week

De pls

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh believe me, I poopsocked like a demon and my jack was built as of 4 hrs ago. This is going to be a glorious disaster

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I haven’t had time because I foolishly wanted to play the new POE league.

Idk I’m not even really interested in the rail jack itself tbh I wanna own nerds in my archwing and board people.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Raptor1033 posted:

loving hell, my wukong/acceltra gravy train is over I guess.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Do we (Definitely the Corpus) even have a dry dock yet? The chat's been dead, and I haven't seen anyone put out a call for resources or whatever.

Jeez, I play a little nightly and I can't keep up with the content. I *just* got my second lich!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Yup! Everything's caught up and ready to go!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
lol gently caress it I’m gonna play path of exile and catch up with Warframe after I’m done moving. drat you de. :argh:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Time to name my spaceship "THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

fischtick posted:

Do we (Definitely the Corpus) even have a dry dock yet? The chat's been dead, and I haven't seen anyone put out a call for resources or whatever.

Jeez, I play a little nightly and I can't keep up with the content. I *just* got my second lich!

Ha, I'm only 6 quests into the game itself. Haven't even done... uhhhh, what's the first dream one called?

Anyway, what does the new update add? Space combat?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
RNGesus, I was expecting at least a few more months to iron out the bugs on PC.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
No lie, this is probably the first time I'm unhappy about more content being added. I've seen the carnival of horrors that is Railjack bugs and I was hoping they'd get fixed first before we had to worry about them, because with the high barrier to entry for Railjack content -- difficulty, the necessity for teamwork, the sheer resource expenditures -- bugs would be an even more annoying feature.

Do a ball-bustingly difficult mission and expend a bunch of resources and get a bunch of cool rewards, but then some jackass refuses to leave the mission or the host disconnects? gently caress YOU, NO LOOT.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
No one's forcing you to engage with it until more fixes come down the pipeline, it's not as if there's a dearth of content. But to properly counterbalance your negative nancy attitude GONNA JACK IT ALL NIGHT, BABY
:regd08:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I think it’s honestly kind of weird and ill-advised they pushed it to console so soon but in the long term it won’t matter much.

I think the lesson they learned from The War Within is that it’s better to get the content out and have player feedback and testing on a scale they could never get in private tests, rather than putzing around trying to make it perfect. This is also true of Plains, which was a mess on launch but a good proof of concept for further iteration in Fortuna.

It’s not particularly galling to be their guinea pig either like it is with Destiny since it doesn’t cost me any money to playtest their game.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
A little detail I appreciate, the Earth Proxima globe depiction isn't centered on North America like drat near anything produced and consumed by us

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, right now, the only two open world type of areas are the Plains of Eidolon and Orb Valis, right? Are they planning on adding more?

My post makes it sound like I'm unhappy with what's there already, and that's not the case; just curious if DE ever mentioned making more of them.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, right now, the only two open world type of areas are the Plains of Eidolon and Orb Valis, right? Are they planning on adding more?

My post makes it sound like I'm unhappy with what's there already, and that's not the case; just curious if DE ever mentioned making more of them.

There’s been one confirmed in development under the name Planes of Duiviri, but it doesn’t appear to be near release. There’s also been speculation about something to do with Eris and the infested based on the second episode of Nightwave but it’s not known what that may be.

Railjack trip report: I couldn’t join a game, due to what seem to be connection issues. P2P is so loving bad in 2019 lol.

I guess I will try again later when I have a railjack.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
I'm personally happy they're jamming content down our throats after we had wukong prime and Gauss is newly released as our splash page for basically all of 2019.

I'm going to just be grinding out lich stuff until the better rewards get patched in. Someone can hold my hand later for my first jack :allears:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I've been playing this on pc and switch for a year or two now and after hundreds of hours I still dont understand the old endgame let alone all this new stuff. And dont get me wrong that's on me. I just dont really feel like looking up stuff on youtube or whatever, I'd rather the game itself teach me how to play it.

It doesnt do that yet. But the game is a constant work in progress. One day they'll revamp the signposting in-game that shows you what your options are and when they do that, I'll engage. Even though I've spent some cash voluntarily, It's free so I give them infinite leeway, because I know I can stop playing if I burn out, and return a year later at no cost.

Things I dont know anything about because I can no longer be arsed to research outside the game:
Eidolons
Sorties
Rivens
Umbral mods
Railjack
Kuva
Liches
Madurai (which I picked because it told me to pick one and I liked the flavour text the most)
How to ID if my weapon is crit or stat
That spike-thing I now have on my wrist that I can put weird mods on which just appeared in a recent patch...
Etc
etc

All of these need onboarding sequences/quests and/or codex entries explaining exactly how it all works and why you would want to do any of it. And how to do it if you decide you do want to.

This, IMO, should be their next focus, not the new player experience. That is actually good now. It's the mid-late game stuff that is the most opaque now.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
its a problem with F2P games with an indefinite life cycle

they need to gut entire systems and basically do what POE 2.0 is doing, although for some reason their last interview said they were focusing on pvp which is just lol

there's still systems and things in place that I don't fully understand or don't have the patience to dive too deeply into, and I've been playing for two years and currently a hair away from MR28

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Several of those are just further iterations of mods and one of them is literally "look at your loving weapon"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
THIS POST WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

Cactus posted:

Things I dont know anything about because I can no longer be arsed to research outside the game:
Eidolons
Sorties
Rivens
Umbral mods
Railjack
Kuva
Liches
Madurai (which I picked because it told me to pick one and I liked the flavour text the most)
How to ID if my weapon is crit or stat
That spike-thing I now have on my wrist that I can put weird mods on which just appeared in a recent patch...
Etc
etc

I would say that understanding all of this is “new player experience” except Umbra, Liches, and Eidolons. Everything else is stuff the player should be doing and understanding before or as they finish the star chat which is all new player experience stuff.

That said

Eidolons: Multi-phase bosses that want specific team combinations and weapons to complete. Gives tokens for high focus returns and arcanes. You’ll have to suck it up and look up how to do this one in detail.

Sorties: a trio of progressively higher level missions with modifiers. Some combinations of modifiers are very nasty - usually increased enemy armor is the worst offender. Gives miscellaneous rewards and can be done once per day. Requires a level 30 Warframe and can be match made.

Do not bring Mesa on radiation hazard missions.

Rivens: randomized mods that are weapon-specific and can be rerolled using kuva. Some weapons can become dramatically stronger with a riven - the quintessential example being the Kohm - but most weapons don’t really need one. A crit riven can often get a weapon with mediocre crit into an acceptable level of consistency.

Kuva: a resource that comes from a few sources. Kuva siphons and floods are special variations of standard missions that contain a kuva siphon and kuva grineer to guard said siphon. Kuva guardians can be killed by using your operator’s dashing ability, and the kuva siphon has four arms. Each arm will try to draw in a cloud of kuva - look at see where the arm is pointing to see where it’s coming from, and shoot it with your operator. Four destroyed clouds destroys the siphon and awards kuva, and after so many failures to destroy the clouds you lose the siphon.

Kuva also can come from kuva survival on the kuva fortress - insert the rods into the life support to turn them into an excavator, essentially, and then defend them. Kuva can also come from the sortie, nightwave, specific enemies, and certain mission type rewards. It is used to roll rivens, the cost of which increases each roll until the cap of 3,500, and to build a handful of later weapons or warframes.

Umbral mods: umbral mods are five (as of writing) special diamond/legendary tier mods given to you upon completing The Sacrifice. They function like normal diamond mods, meaning they are mutually exclusive with their base type (you can’t use Umbral Intensify and regular Intensify together, etc) and they cost ~40,000 endo to upgrade.

However, as you equip more umbral mods - two melee, three warframe - their individual stats increase in value. So Umbral Intensify on its own isn’t that much better than regular intensify, but if you use all three it’s dramatically better. It’s not usually practical to use all three on a warframe and most don’t need all three but using two is often worthwhile. Umbral formas allow you to put on the umbral polarity for these mods; it is unavailable otherwise. They come from nightwaves, currently.

The sacrificial melee mods are more situational and you won’t use them as much. Please don’t ever use an umbral forma on a melee weapon.

Railjack: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Liches: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Madurai: Madurai is ok for doing more damage but outside of Eidolon hunting I would generally recommend Zenurik or Naramon. You can almost never go wrong taking Zenurik.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Why can't the game itself tell me all this stuff?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I think the game writ large is of the "just try it" philosophy without realizing that some people do not like that

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

My favourite thing about this game is the fact that I have my own little (still being unlocked) space home, a little cute/ugly space doge, can dress up as a malevolent crayon, and can go out and Matrix-like kill poo poo with insanely cool moves.

And then come back, update my weapons and/or build more, and do it all again, with more dog petting.

I think that if they had characters on my ship like in Mass Effect, maybe with their own quest lines and whatnot, it would truly be the perfect game. I try not to get too bogged down with the INSANE amount of extra stuff I can and eventually will do. I'll get there. But for now, I'm good with taking it all slowly.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I still think they need to add a "Pet animal" emote, and that it should work on any Kubrow/Kavat. Including hostile and feral ones as long as you can stealth up to them. :colbert:

Also, just finished The Second Dream. :krad:

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
Still working on building my own railjack because the resource requirements are nuts (30 orokin cells for the propulsion systems isn’t fun) but I’ve been hopping in some of the early space missions to get some intrinsic points going.

I mainly want to operate turrets and board enemy ships, but my experience has been that without coordinating everyone exits the ship immediately except the pilot (even the pilot sometimes). So I can turret for a bit, but inevitably will have to repel boarders and put out fires because no one else wants to do that stuff. Still figuring out what are the useful intrinsics, but definitely the turrets are impossible to use effectively until you have gunnery rank 2 and get 360 degree rotation.

Hopefully I don’t get stuck being the pilot when my jack is finally built!

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.
Hey all. I noticed the Nintendo switch discord invite has expired. In game name whocares831

I'll check the other discords for links I suppose. Thanks for being such a good community on PC can't wait to play this one on switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

whocares8310 posted:

Hey all. I noticed the Nintendo switch discord invite has expired. In game name whocares831

I'll check the other discords for links I suppose. Thanks for being such a good community on PC can't wait to play this one on switch

The link I posted a couple pages back should be non expirable: https://discord.gg/nQMdYCK

If not, will generate another when I'm back home.

E: Yeah, that's a non-expiring link and will work for you. @Bobby Deluxe, would you please update the link in the OP with it?

v1ld fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 21, 2019