Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
if you don't like the new star wars film, just wait a year or so. there's gonna be a new one soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Speaking of a Star War

Winter break starts today; all my papers are graded and all my grades turned in. I’m kind of into the idea of getting a game just because it is the start of break and the Steam sale is on. How is The Fallen Order?

If it is not good I will keep rocking Slay the Spire and new game+ for God of War. I really dig third person action games and turn-based tactics.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its good but suffers from a few minor bugs/performance issues that could have spent a bit longer ironing out. Its a good story but the final like 20 minutes is way too dumb for me.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/MetalGearMisfit/status/1207469555024584706

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Forget star wars. Smoke some weed and go see Cats. It looks so powerfully bad.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Cats is tremendously bad. the fact that their hands are just, like, regular human hands with no fur on them is hosed up. some of them were wearing shoes? when they are drinking milk from the bowl it's inherently visually disgusting to me. Idris Elba and his whole deal was easily the worst part. I fell asleep for a couple minutes and I was grateful that those were fewer minutes watching Cats. I have nothing but bad things to say about it. would recommend

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

You shouldn't pay money to support bad things

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I spend AMC's money to support bad things

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll spend my money however I want! And I wanna see a dumb blockbuster with my best friend on a Sunday night. I but the tickets and he buys the food.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

buy me some food haha. j/k

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I had a grilled chicken sandwich at a pub last night and it was like the saltiest thing on earth. I had no idea you could over salt a grilled chicken sandwich so much.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Star Wars?! more like poo poo wars!!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

step 1. bribe some kids to throw rocks at the movie theater's backdoor security cameras. they're much faster than you and the movie employees and can skeddadle easier.

step 2. buy a single ticket.

step 4. you all get to enjoy a movie.

I left out step 3 because life is an adventure.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

I had a grilled chicken sandwich at a pub last night and it was like the saltiest thing on earth. I had no idea you could over salt a grilled chicken sandwich so much.

i had a tortilla sandwich once where i could feel the salt crystals bounce off my teeth as i ate it and i had to ask a complete stranger on the bus for their bottled water line 20 minutes later. my homie poo poo his pants in front of the cops right after we got off the bus. weird afternoon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Indiana has weird laws regarding bars(you can thank the illiterate rear end puritans for this) including requiring all bars to have a stove in operation while the bar is open. My fave college dive had the same cream of chicken soup on simmer for like 8 years.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

OK, I guess I'm the weird outlier. I didn't hate Last Jedi but I understand how someone could, and I really liked Rise of Skywalker, though again, I can understand the complaints. LOTS of fan service, some warranted, some not really earned, and it's hamstrung by having to work around Carrie Fisher's death.

Still didn't hate it, though.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have a feeling I'll like it because I'm easily pleased. As long as it doesn't feel as artificial as the prequel movies. Apparently that's my line. And you know what I'll give the prequels this - they had a lot of cool material to work with as evident from the shows. Much more enjoyable than the movies.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'd like to say gently caress Cancer.

Thanks

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

gently caress Cancer.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

gently caress Cancer.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I don’t yet know if nazis will have liked Rise of Skywalker or not liked it so please hold off on giving your opinions for now

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Today's friendly reminder: gently caress NAZIS

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

gently caress nazis and gently caress cancer and gently caress the billionaires happy holidays

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spikegal posted:

Today's friendly reminder: gently caress NAZIS

where? lemme get my knucks I wanna gently caress em up

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Joey McChrist posted:

gently caress nazis and gently caress cancer and gently caress the billionaires happy holidays

MERRY CHRISTMAS ---HOLY poo poo---where's the tylenol.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
I finished work for the year yesterday, ending on a more positive note than I’d expected and not just because I now have a couple of weeks off for the first time in a while. (I had a longer period of leave at the start of the year, but that included a Scout Jamboree that I really didn’t enjoy. The location made things tough, which was a shame because I was there with a great bunch of Scouts and other Leaders.)

Last year, I had a junior engineer at work for the first time, and that was brilliant, but he decided to leave when his contract ended, and it took almost half a year to replace him.

It’s been a tough year. My Grandma’s dementia developed to the point she now has to live in a nursing home (finding the right one wasn’t easy) and we’ve had to clean out and sell the unit she’s lived in for the past couple of decades. So that, on top of work and other things in life (including turning 40) meant that I ended up talking to a psychologist for a few sessions. Thankfully, work provides that service. I didn’t need it as much as I did when I first used it a couple of years ago when a friend committed suicide, but I’m glad I used it this year.

Halfway through the year, I decided I need to move on from my current role at work, and I’ve been struggling to figure out how to. It’s something I’ve been doing for a decade and is fairly unique in the business. I do have a junior engineer now, and he is brilliant. The issue is that I want to leave because I’m struggling, and I’ve been doing it for a decade. He’s only been around half a year.

Thankfully, yesterday, I came up with an idea that I feel will sort a lot of these issues out. I spoke to the head of our department, and he thinks it’s a good idea. So, when I’m back at work next year, I have a goal. I expect a bit of opposition to it, but I know I’ve got support.

I don’t know if anyone has read all of this. Thank you if you have. In summary, a tough year (including choosing to take Wednesday off due to stress), but it’s good to end with hope. Also, thank you for these types of threads. They really help to build a sense of community.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I saw the new Star Wars.

I really didn't like it at all :smith:

Definitely wasn't good. I miss this thread and wrasslin news, work has been so drat busy. Remember, you have all the MACKLUNKEY within you.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Cancer killed my dog, just 7 years old. Nicest lady in the world; everyone who met her was blown away by how sweet she was.

gently caress cancer.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

Cancer killed my dog, just 7 years old. Nicest lady in the world; everyone who met her was blown away by how sweet she was.

gently caress cancer.

My dog too.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
rise of skywalker is a great comedy. drink a tall glass of water and just have a good time laughing at the systematic destruction of a cultural icon

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Instead of seeing ros play kotor I and II

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Zeta Acosta posted:

Instead of seeing ros play lego star wars and jedi knight 2: jedi outcast

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

gently caress cancer.

Goddamn that sucks, my deepest condolences.

Zeta Acosta posted:

Instead of seeing ros play X-Wing vs Tie Fighter, The Star Wars Trilogy Arcade Game, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Pod Racer.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 21, 2019

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

That loving sucks man. I am sorry.

Ours was a brain tumor. Happened super fast, like over the course of 45 days when we were trying to close on our new house and I had this terrible job at a charter school. So we were in this crazy rush of denial and work stress and life happenings, telling ourselves it was just an infection or a weird bump while doctors kept telling us, “we’ll do another test, but it’s probably the worst.”

We had the person come over to the new house to put her to sleep. I’ll never forget—she LEAPT across the room and was so excited to see the person who would put her down, like, “thank god you’re here, I’ve been telling these poor idiots to do this for weeks.”

Then we went and saw the Jumanji movie to do anything but be in the house. It was a weird loving day.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 21, 2019

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Captain Magic posted:

gently caress cancer.

dogs are too pure for this loving hellword :(

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I was looking at a decade in review photo gallery the other day and did anything good happen in the past 10 years? What a global trash fire we're living in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I was looking at a decade in review photo gallery the other day and did anything good happen in the past 10 years? What a global trash fire we're living in.

AEW and The Witcher 3.

BIGTITTYVEGANGIRL
Dec 17, 2019

The week between finding out she had cancer and putting her down was a week from hell, between working a lovely retail job and also just going home and crying everyday, I literally have had nightmares about it

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

did you die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Low Desert Punk posted:

rise of skywalker is a great comedy. drink a tall glass of water and just have a good time laughing at the systematic destruction of a cultural icon

This has really become JJ's specialty