Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I want to say Shawn played a part in getting a few people fired too, including Marty one time?

(the drugs probably didn't help though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shawn was and still likely is a general rear end in a top hat but that just don't cut it for the final 16

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hate Shawn for the Diana stuff

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

One of the things I remember being reported was Shawn diverting Sunny when she was bringing Candido coke, doing the coke with her and then banging her (or banging first then snorting all the coke, either way), then laughing in Candido's face about it and telling him,"Thanks for the bump!"

If I remember right, that was the thing that made Candido declare to a producer that he was quitting, and the producer said,"You have to submit that in writing" so he grabbed a piece of paper and wrote,"I QUIT!" on it.

hey don't get mad at him for trying to help a coworker stay off drugs

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ICHIBAHN posted:

Hate Shawn for the Diana stuff

Thought it was Prince Philip who had her murdered but this is a shocking revelation. Shawn Michaels working for MI6?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

forkboy84 posted:

Thought it was Prince Philip who had her murdered but this is a shocking revelation. Shawn Michaels working for MI6?

Someone comb through the Observer back catalogue to find out if Shawn ever purchased a Fiat Uno.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

Well, here's where it gets interesting. Another fatality in the Princess Diana crash was Dodi Fayed, son of businessman Mohammed Al Fayed, who owns Harrods and has a significant fortune. He employed a director of public affairs for Harrods who also acted as his personal spokesman, a former news reporter who stepped down from his role with the Fayeds in 1998 and took early retirement, in part because of the Princess Diana situation. The spokesman later went into television production.

The name of that man? Michael Cole.

Coincidence?

(yes, it's an entirely different person with the same name)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1207712941803479042

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly, Stephanie is one of the terrible things Vince did, so it's a bit of a set theory situation.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

This is more one sided than Vince vs Stephanie at No Mercy.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Would love to see an argument for Steph other than "protest (read: I voted for Trump and Brexit) vote"

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

STAC Goat posted:

Shawn's an rear end in a top hat and probably some kind or another of a sex pest but the more this goes on it becomes a tournament of racists, abusers, predators, and killers. In a lot of ways HBK is just "lucky" that he was one of the pure "assholes" who made it through the first round.

I mean, unless I'm forgetting something HBK did.

Yeah the competition is pretty drat stiff here. Like Stone cold "only" beat his wife. He's a real bastard by human standards but you have to have at least a few rapes or murders under your belt to make it far in this tourney

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ThePariah posted:

Would love to see an argument for Steph other than "protest (read: I voted for Trump and Brexit) vote"

The argument would probably be a speculative thing that Stephanie still has half her life of evil to inflict on the world and could take this poo poo into politics and falsely present it as "feminism" and stuff like that.

But I'm not making that case. Vince is the devil.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

davidbix posted:

I was referring to the interview (at 1:10, excuse the typo I didn't catch until now):

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1200255286994452480

He clearly says "intermarried," and Wade's transcript reflected that in 1991. But yes, almost 2 years later, in trying to smooth it over with Hank Aaron, he said "integrated." Maybe "intermarried" was a slip in 1991, but if it was, it's pretty clearly a freudian one. And as noted by Wade in 1993 after Clark published the letter, Watts, in spite of claiming other wise, never requested any kind of correction to the 1991 interview or the 1993 coverage of his departure.

drat man, you are thorough and I appreciate your legwork. I was just curious about his bat poo poo worldview. I shouldn't expect his beliefs to be consistent because he's a dumbass anyway

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

If it were based purely on on screen character stuff I’d say Staphanie is way worse but Vince da true scum king

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

If it were based purely on on screen character stuff I’d say Staphanie is way worse but Vince da true scum king

Yeah basically. Stephanie's done some incredibly lovely things for angles/business reasons (Molly Holly is fat, Vickie Guerrero is a pig, "I invented Women's Wrestling", all the philantrophy BS, etc. ) but Vince is responsible for Stephanie's creation and upbringing and on top of that there's all the other terrible poo poo that he will never face consequences for.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Moolah ended up at 98% of the vote.

Vince currently has 97%.

They will meet in the next round. (Barring a miracle comeback for Stephanie.) Should be fun!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Either Moolah or Vince isn't going to reach the "Elite" 8.
Whichever one it is...I hope they meet Mel in the Finals. Because there are worse monsters in the world than mere murderers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

ChrisBTY posted:

Either Moolah or Vince isn't going to reach the "Elite" 8.
Whichever one it is...I hope they meet Mel in the Finals. Because there are worse monsters in the world than mere murderers.

Which sucks because they absolutely deserved to meet in the final round. Just the two people that have caused the most damage to the industry.

And while nothing has been found, I would not be shocked if there was a trainee buried at Moolah's place or that she had a herd of pigs.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm a bit surprised Honky Tonk Man wasn't in the bracket. I have no reason to think he would be other than he seems like a tremendous piece of poo poo and I hate him.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Moolah ended up at 98% of the vote.

Vince currently has 97%.

They will meet in the next round. (Barring a miracle comeback for Stephanie.) Should be fun!

I really don't think I can pick one of those two.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I still think Vince should win this whole thing

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

its vince mel or moohla imo

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Vince enabled Mel, Moolah and everybody else on this list. Without him they wouldn’t have been able to do the damage they did. It’s Vince all the way for me, but there are no wrong answers in a tournament like this really

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I honestly don't know who I'd chose out of the three as they are all super horrible in very different ways

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Suplex Liberace posted:

its vince mel or moohla imo

Yeah if not for structure I would have thought Vince, moolah, Benoit, or phillips. Maybe snuka but the allegations against him are murkier? Either way he only murdered one person and the fact that this knocks him down a bracket says a lot about wwf

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NY64Tournament/status/1208070459310383105

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Even though he doesn't have as much power and influence, JBL seems to have a lot in common with Triple H, except I've never heard of Hunter regularly sexually assaulting rookies.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1208075006158278657

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

^^^ HHH sucks vote for him

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
JBL is a piece of poo poo but this is Trips in a loving walk, not even close

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Even though he doesn't have as much power and influence, JBL seems to have a lot in common with Triple H, except I've never heard of Hunter regularly sexually assaulting rookies.

He has people for that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Was the DeMott thing that much of an "open secret" that Triple H was aware of it? Not defending the guy, I've been uncomfortable with his iron cross bullshit for years, just making sure I'm as aware as you folks.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Was the DeMott thing that much of an "open secret" that Triple H was aware of it? Not defending the guy, I've been uncomfortable with his iron cross bullshit for years, just making sure I'm as aware as you folks.

if we knew about DeMott people in the company definitely knew. HHH likes to pride himself as being a hands on guy so he had to have known or he's lying about being so involved.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

hhh hired DeMott

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

coconono posted:

if we knew about DeMott people in the company definitely knew. HHH likes to pride himself as being a hands on guy so he had to have known or he's lying about being so involved.

For some reason I was under the impression that a lot of the DeMott bullshit was revealed after the fact, even to management. I concede that it was pretty loving naive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DeMott had numerous accusations against him in Deep South before he was re-hired for the PC. Talent sent formal complaints to the company about DeMott, and there were cameras in the PC so the office could watch what was going on back in Stamford. It was impossible not to know.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, thank you. It seemed like very little about DeMott came out until years later, at least from what I was reading at the time. And so many other people just kept acting like it was the usual "You hosed up, give me a hundred push-ups" instead of "You're new, let me stick a floor lamp up your rear end"

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The timeline seems to be (and someone who knows more than I do, please fill in the gaps):

2002-2004: DeMott is used as a coach on Tough Enough seasons 3 & 4

2004-2006: DeMott is installed as the head trainer/booker of Deep South Wrestling

[doesn't work for WWE or any of their developmental companies]

2011-2015: DeMott is hired as the FCW/NXT head trainer, is released when the floodgates of abuse stories come out

Doing a cursory search, it seems like public allegations really weren't made until early 2015, and DeMott was out within a couple of months after some initial lovely hemming and hawing.

Of course, the person who broke the floodgates was Luchasaurus, who apparently filed a formal complaint in 2013 which ultimately led to him leaving developmental, not DeMott. So there's definitely a year or two where they knew what was going on and politely ignored it, or did half-measures like the cameras mentioned above.

Some of the people talking about DeMott's abuse were absolutely talking about things that happened back in DSW before HHH picked him as the NXT coach, but as best as I can tell all of the people who did this on the record only talked about events from 2004-2006 years later, circa 2015.

I was not and am not a wrestling insider so maybe it was an open secret that he was super lovely to Kenny Omega and others back in the mid-2000s. If I am reading this wrong please let me know.

But I feel like it's plausible that HHH thought he was getting an Old School Tough Love Drill Sergeant and not what DeMott actually was. Though this opens up various cans of worms of "what do you think the reality of old school training really was" and most importantly "there were people directly complaining to you from 2013-2015 and it took you extensive public shaming to finally get rid of him" so this is all very subtle gradiations of "how terrible was this".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Gotta go HHH. JBL is more obviously a oval office but he’s far less dangerous due entirely to the power HHH holds. Also the whole nazi symbolism and bill demott thing.

Shoutouts to JBL literally sodomising people in the shower though.