Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Mina barely made the top 30 in terms of popularity. :negative:

Shonen Jump voters have, and always will have, poo poo taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ThingOne posted:

It's also hard to call these votes accurate since people will just spam votes for their favorite. Even with the changed rules, one person spent 510,000 yen ($4,808.94) worth of popularity votes to spam Bakugou.

https://twitter.com/ShonenSalto/status/1159006965416235014?s=20

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ThingOne posted:

Gintoki will always be #1 in my heart, though. :blush:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I absolutely don't understand how Japanese nerds have that kind of disposable income.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The same way western nerds do.

They get it from their parents.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rhonne posted:

It's also hard to call these votes accurate since people will just spam votes for their favorite. Even with the changed rules, one person spent 510,000 yen ($4,808.94) worth of popularity votes to spam Bakugou.

this tweet upsets and confuses me!

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Rhonne posted:

Is that more or less than Y-san from Chiba Prefecture's total?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Level Seven posted:

And Nisekoi wasn't anywhere near as big as MHA! Crazy.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Crasical posted:

I absolutely don't understand how Japanese nerds have that kind of disposable income.

Generally by not having kids, college debt, expensive medical issues, or much non-nerd stuff to fill up a small apartment. If you've got very few other things to pay for, then you can focus in.

And, if I understand right, focus in is the key word set here. We tend to see a story about a Japanese nerd spending X dollars on gacha, and another about spending X dollars on something like this, and then see the sky high prices of DVDs, and assume it's the same person doing all this, but it seldom is. Instead, you get the huge fans of a given property buying up as much as they can from it... then not spending much on anything else for a while. MHA or Live Love or even Star Citizen (for some reason) is their luxury item, so all the disposable income most people spread around is spent on that one target.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rhonne posted:

I told you all; fujos man

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

SKULL.GIF posted:

Also she should've been named Alien Queen.

Yes, but only because KILLA QUEEN was already taken.

Level Seven posted:

More, I believe.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I asked in the anime thread whether I should talk about Heroes Rising here or there, and they decided the manga would be better, so here, I got y'all some new subtitled trailers.

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1205800087835660289?s=20

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Official translation.

"Being self-sacrificing isn't the same as being suicidal" I wonder how many nightmares Deku has given Aizawa?

Trivia

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Rhonne posted:

Official translation.

"Being self-sacrificing isn't the same as being suicidal" I wonder how many nightmares Deku has given Aizawa?

Trivia
Man, Todoroki being #3 and Bakugo being #1 is like watching Hijikata and Okita overtaking Gintoki.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Caleb Cook posted:

3/ Shirakumo was definitely dead at the scene. Head crushed by falling rubble.
(so, it's not like he secretly survived and AFO "saved" him. There had to be necromancy involved)

Wait, AFO had a Quirk that could revive the dead?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Junpei posted:

Wait, AFO had a Quirk that could revive the dead?

Turning a corpse into the body of a Noumu is kinda like reviving the dead I guess? Shirakumo's head being crushed explains why Kurogiri's seems to be made of mist.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Dec 16, 2019

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Interesting how much more significant this is if you've read Vigilantes. I wonder if for the anime they're just adapt those chapters of Vigilantes as a flashback.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://youtu.be/7iHinpfNZSI

Nighteye, Fatgum, Compress, and Twice playable. Bunch of other features too, character customization looks very silly.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Didn't expect they'd add Fatgum and Compress, that's cool.

Not so keen on team battles, personally, I already don't really like assists in this kind of games, it makes everything much more chaotic and makes me feel I'm not in control at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am glad Compress got in before Dabi.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am glad Compress got in before Dabi.

Isn't Dabi already in?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, he was in the first game.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Compress has a fun power and a goofy aesthetic and I want him to actually do something cool in the dang story for once.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Compress' introduction during the training camp was pretty dang cool. Aside from that, he's not really had much chance to shine aside from when he revenge orb'd one of Overhaul's arms. I'm looking forward to learning more about him later, since he's the only one left we don't really know much of anything about beyond being a former stage magician.

Technically, we don't know about Dabi either, but being so blatantly Toya makes that a moot point.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I mean Compress kidnapped Bakugo pretty much on his lonesome and was the one who got the first (and so far only, IIRC) hero kill during the Overhaul chase. Compare that to what Toga, or Dabi (lol) actually accomplished in the series so far. He is pretty much the most competent member of the old Villain Alliance.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Toga stole the quirk bullets and helped to ensure that Overhaul lost.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

I guess I'm just disappointed because he seems like a character who should have something wacky up his sleeve (like, literally up his sleeve) whenever it's time for villain antics.
It's a powerful quirk that could be used very creatively!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

I mean Compress kidnapped Bakugo pretty much on his lonesome and was the one who got the first (and so far only, IIRC) hero kill during the Overhaul chase. Compare that to what Toga, or Dabi (lol) actually accomplished in the series so far. He is pretty much the most competent member of the old Villain Alliance.

Toga is super competent and gets stuff done pretty much every time she appears?

She successfully infiltrated the license exam and stole Deku’s blood, she hosed over Overhaul with Twice and is pretty much the reason Mimic got taken down, and she was the only member of the VA to kill someone from the liberation army.

Also Dabi was the one who killed Snatch. Compress is still cooler than him though.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

SyntheticPolygon posted:

only member of the VA to kill someone from the liberation army.

Not disagreeing or to but actually, but...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Does Toga not count because she was transformed into Ochako at the time?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would count Snatch as a team kill between Dabi and Compress. Dabi set him on fire, and Compress trapped him in an orb with all the fire.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nonexistence posted:

Not disagreeing or to but actually, but...

Mooks don’t count. :colbert:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm being facetious, of course Toga-as-Ochako counts.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Twice was the suprise MVP of the liberation army arc, Sad Man's Parade is OP, pls nerf

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Someone please post meltyfaced Togochako

Thanks

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just took a look at the trailer and it seems as though anime only people should be fine watching it as it doesn't seem to spoiler anything for what will be in season 5 as it seems that Endeavor has yet to receive his makeover.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Also they name drop and show hawks in this season when mentioning Tokoyamis internship. I’m pretty sure his internship with hawks was something they mentioned after the fact in the manga. Probably did that to set up the movie

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also Dabi was the one who killed Snatch. Compress is still cooler than him though.

It was a combination thing, I think.

Snatch died because he was in a confined space with fire around him + he couldn't turn his lower body into sand + he was protecting a policeman.

If he wasn't in a confined space, he probably could have just protected himself with his sand.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Thought this was most relevant in this thread, where I see both sites used:

- Mangastream has shut down, their Twitter has gone private.
- Jaimini's Box will no longer scanlate WSJ series, which means no My Hero Academia

All of this happened within 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Is this part of Shigaraki's plan? :ohdear: