Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HamsterPolice
Apr 17, 2016

Lambert posted:

It is absurd, but they don't have much competition, makes sense they'd be valued highly.

I think they're competition is going to be quickly catching up to them especially as other auto makers begin to abandon autonomous driving (which god knows when that would get off the ground) or ride hailing apps. More money is starting to be plowed instead into electric cars, Tesla has a head start but we'll see what happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Stock brokerages gonna install that slanted toilet.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya Tesla's pretty wild. I am not a bear or bull but it's a fun stock to trade, although I haven't traded much the last month with so little vol.

I follow a few TSLAQ and they are always talking about the inventory build up + returns. Not sure how common that is but if the cost of the production of model 3 is to be believed TSLA profit margin on the 3 is actually really good compared to what people believed initially and all their cars also have gross profits of 20% which is up there with premium luxury car companies. Problem with that number is that it still doesn't include all their other expense. Their sales growth has been quite impressive but their expenses have exceeded that. The automated factory was another big blunder. If TSLA is to be believed they still say it manufactures 90% of the model 3 but their labor force has grown by the most since their early years as the release of model 3.

Anyway TSLA is fun to follow, I bet Elon is pretty happy right now, didn't he get nothing for libel/defamation? Calling people pedophiles on twitter with no proof to 30m people. I'll probably get some cheap otm tsla puts if I can tomorrow.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Yep Elon is a winner at life I guess. iirc he paid some dude (who might be the thing he accused that diver of) 50K for a bullshit PI report, and one of his defense was that "hey that was the information he was given, so it was the truth as far as he knew." hilarious. Didn't some 14year old go to jail bullying on social media, but rich fucks can do whatever. hilarious.

Tommorrow, can finally exit exel barring unfavorable market..

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Femur posted:

Yep Elon is a winner at life I guess. iirc he paid some dude (who might be the thing he accused that diver of) 50K for a bullshit PI report, and one of his defense was that "hey that was the information he was given, so it was the truth as far as he knew." hilarious. Didn't some 14year old go to jail bullying on social media, but rich fucks can do whatever. hilarious.

He's a mean mistweeter.

*Hits blunt*

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I have 1000 $220 Jan 17 QQQ calls average $.056 and 50 $300 Dec 31 SPY puts average $1.36 going into the Fed/trade deal/liquidity crisis and tbh I feel like there’s no way this could go tits up

I am trying to cash out now and I am moving the market and can’t do it

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Femur posted:

Tommorrow, can finally exit exel barring unfavorable market..

The Uber founder's entire life story is monument to winning at life without ever creating anything of real value. Tesla may be different, but I'm not certain about that yet.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
CRTX LOL

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Haha holy poo poo

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
lmao ya I think I'll take the profits

edit: I did

Garfu fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 20, 2019

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Garfu posted:

lmao ya I think I'll take the profits

edit: I did

Why is it taking off this time...

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

movax posted:

Going to play a game of guessing:
1. No reason at all
2. Acquisition pending.
3. Some other insider thing...???

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

movax posted:

Ya no idea. I was staring at 160k profit the last time I went hard on an Alzheimer's longshot biotech company and got out with 1/10th that so this time I decided to pull the trigger "early".

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

movax posted:

Fidelity app says "Positive Data for Alzheimer's medication" I dont have time to dig into whatever that means.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Welp, took some profits on it, hoping for another dip to hop back in for the long play.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

movax posted:

Welp, took some profits on it, hoping for another dip to hop back in for the long play.

Same. I'm down to single digit shares because fidelity app is garbage for actually trading and watchlists.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Faithful have been rewarded

movax
Aug 30, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Well, glad I didn't sell all of it. Goddamn, spike to $66 at the very end of the session.

movax fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 20, 2019

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
You know I thought this was just the crazy gambling thread, but maybe it's some sort of secret insider trading ring.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

The pay wall keeps the SEC at bay.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

172% gain, keep on keeping on baby

#rideordie

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CRTX price action scares me and makes me want to sell AH today.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lord_Hambrose posted:

The pay wall keeps the SEC at bay.

They'd be too distracted by all the quality content this site continuously pumps out. Register to keep tabs on the thread but wind up getting into heated arguments about representation in anime and the merits of a screenshot LP vs video.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

unironically you would not believe how many intelligence services keep an eye on these dead gay forums

there's a reason the rule is "Don't make the secret service visit lowtax at home, again"

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 20, 2019

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
My desire to know more intensifies.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
LF had a thread that was about hypothetical ways to assassinate the president, which was the end of LF. Afaik that was the only time it happened but lmao

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Wow, pretty crazy on CRTX. Congrats you guys.. was there news? I don't even seen anything

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
Pretty sure it's https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191207005043/en/

But I don't understand a word of it.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
That's from like 12 days ago

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Probably someone playing games.

I sold way too early and missed gravy train :/

movax
Aug 30, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

unironically you would not believe how many intelligence services keep an eye on these dead gay forums

there's a reason the rule is "Don't make the secret service visit lowtax at home, again"

Worse is probably the guy who worked on DSP (IIRC) and posted details about nuke event detection...

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

movax posted:

Worse is probably the guy who worked on DSP (IIRC) and posted details about nuke event detection...

What's this now?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

greasyhands posted:

Wow, pretty crazy on CRTX. Congrats you guys.. was there news?

maybe they made their first dollar of revenue lol

(just kidding, congrats on anyone getting a good trade here)

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005

Femur posted:

Probably someone playing games.

I sold way too early and missed gravy train :/
I still have 10k shares of ARYC.

I made up for it by selling the other 10k when it shot up but it's still funny to see on my statement

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

movax posted:

didn't he end up killing himself?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

fwiw AVXL did the exact same thing like 3 years ago. Came out with some "research" about an Alzheimer's treatment, put out a press release, stock shot up. Alzheimer's bio-tech penny stocks are a dime a dozen but that doesn't mean you can't make some money on one.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005

Agronox posted:

maybe they made their first dollar of revenue lol
Only other pharma trade that I haven't lost on was writing KMPH calls cause I found out through the grapevine that they knew that they couldn't keep bilking with tax credits. Seems like the only way to play this game.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

didn't he end up killing himself?

Yeah, in the aftermath of it all, unfortunately was the outcome.

CRTX is at $72 now. Fuckin’ hell.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Should've spent more time pooping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Damnit for like 2 weeks I thought about getting in and didn't.