Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

That's a hell of a feed that account has.
They seem to be very mad about someone taking their oath in Urdu at the moment.

e: cat zakat

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Maybe cozying up to the USA will help with my American wife who is currently trapped in Europe awaiting the home office to randomly deny her application again after 2 months because they didn't read the paperwork we submitted properly.

Hahahaha who am I loving kidding, of course it won't.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

They seem to be very mad about someone taking their oath in Urdu at the moment.

I've got lots of RTs about how it's actually racist against the welsh to say leavers are bigoted.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Mebh posted:

Maybe cozying up to the USA will help with my American wife who is currently trapped in Europe awaiting the home office to randomly deny her application again after 2 months because they didn't read the paperwork we submitted properly.

Hahahaha who am I loving kidding, of course it won't.

Does she know any good Pink Slime recipes?
We are going to need some.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

OwlFancier posted:

That's a hell of a feed that account has.

https://twitter.com/SocialM85897394/status/1208114116637925389

Why yes actually, the centrists keep labelling all the lefties as bigots and it's gotten quite insane and McCarthyesque...

Oh. This tweet is for bigots angry about being called bigots because they are bigots :smith:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Does she know any good Pink Slime recipes?
We are going to need some.

Ever since she's been in Europe she's been amazed by how good everything is here from "oh my god the cheese" to "this tomato... Has flavour??"
Basically anything not home grown was poo poo in the USA her entire life.

She still moans about how crap our citrus is here and that what we consider a grapefruit or an orange is an insult. (florida)

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

OwlFancier posted:

I've got lots of RTs about how it's actually racist against the welsh to say leavers are bigoted.

I doubt that's what they're saying

I'd say the countless english lefties blaming the welsh for Bojo are racist tho.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Saith posted:

I doubt that's what they're saying

I'd say the countless english lefties blaming the welsh for Bojo are racist tho.

https://twitter.com/SocialM85897394/status/1208105917616656384

It's a weird right wing account.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
nobody "eats" surströmming, it's just there to scare tourists

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...

O right we're a rugby ball now i guess

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Ah, your equivalent of our beans :hmmyes: :butt:

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-ne...impression=true

https://twitter.com/cdp1882/status/1207716927503847427?s=21

This is loving pathetic criminal justice.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
What kind of twitter handle is @SocialM85897394 ?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

sean10mm posted:

Usually it's a russian bot when it has 8 numbers like that.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

sean10mm posted:

calm down sean10mm

i think the numbers are/were a feature for premade usernames for android twitter accounts

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I was unironically just asking because it looked real weird. I'm not suggesting any wacky conspiracy stuff.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Pangzai is your king now

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
1. set up bot that tweets retweet bait

2. strike it lucky and gain a critical mass of followers. this is a random process, so it may be necessary to have many hundreds of thousands of candidate bots engaged in step 1

3. sell account to interested entities that then fine-tune the content, by hand if necessary

once upon a time this was just weird twitter horse_ebooks, but I suspect folks have found that partisans don't really care about provenance, they just want signal boosting

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Jose posted:

Pangzai is your king now

yeah call yourself a swede????

speaking of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKsxda--GVA

Chris Morocco takes on British cuisine after utterly failing to identify Red Leicester in a burger :wankah:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seeing a man utterly baffled by the concept of a cornish pasty while also calling it one is a trip.

Like do you not have corned beef in the US?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Seeing a man utterly baffled by the concept of a cornish pasty while also calling it one is a trip.

Nah they have corn syrupped beef with chlorine and fecal matter. Looks about the same.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bon appetit do great videos

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
A corned beef pasty is not a cornish pasty

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

happyhippy posted:

Also there's also going to be the joy of deporting UKers back to the UK.
Detention centers full of people going 'Don't you know who I am!"

There is a nasty, spiteful streak in me that wants to see all those octagenarian "ex-pats" with multiple health issues and 'Leave Means Leave' baseball caps herded onto a plane and told they're currently 2857th in the queue to see a GP and the only emergency housing the council can offer is on the 23rd floor of an inner city tower block with no working lift.

The rest of me is aware that housing and healthcare are already overstretched and this would be a disaster for all of us. And it probably won't happen because the other EU countries will either come to an arrangement so that existing residents can stay, or because the ex-pats are wealthy enough that they can continue to keep their detatched 4-bedroom house in the Home Counties and their over-wintering apartment in the south of Spain regardless.

Speaking of borders: what happens to Gibraltar?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I know they're supposed to have steak in them but the cheaper ones seem to use either corned beef or maybe mince. I've never actually had one with beef chunks in. Besides the point is really the vegetables IMO, you could make it with just beef stock and it still tastes good.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
No i mean a cornish pasty has to be made in cornwall

Thats what makes it cornish

Also gently caress devon and their knockoff baked goods

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

A cornish pasty is so called because of its resemblence to a bicorn hat:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Setting aside your insane pasty ideas, they don't, no. They have something called corned beef but it's not the same thing.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I ate a lot of cornish pasties at school but they were dinosaur shaped and also definitely didn't contain steak

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

One of the new Tory MPs is a 26 year old woman married to a 62 year old man. They were featured on "Bride and Prejudice" which is apparently a TV show.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Lady Demelza posted:

It's totally screwed. Half the workforce there commutes from La Linea every day but won't be able to after Brexit as they aren't technically settled in the UK or anything.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lady Demelza posted:

There is a nasty, spiteful streak in me that wants to see all those octagenarian "ex-pats" with multiple health issues and 'Leave Means Leave' baseball caps herded onto a plane and told they're currently 2857th in the queue to see a GP and the only emergency housing the council can offer is on the 23rd floor of an inner city tower block with no working lift.

The rest of me is aware that housing and healthcare are already overstretched and this would be a disaster for all of us. And it probably won't happen because the other EU countries will either come to an arrangement so that existing residents can stay, or because the ex-pats are wealthy enough that they can continue to keep their detatched 4-bedroom house in the Home Counties and their over-wintering apartment in the south of Spain regardless.
I have family in Portugal who moved from NI in the early 90s because of NI things. They've got Irish passports now but technically British pensions and no idea what's going to happen with that, but no detached 4-bedroom house in the Home Counties to fall back on, that's going to be a hell of an interesting edge case.

Lady Demelza posted:

:spain:

feedmegin posted:

Setting aside your insane pasty ideas, they don't, no. They have something called corned beef but it's not the same thing.
Beefed corn.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
cornish pasties are when you make a corned beef pasty but don't corn the beef correctly, thus making it only corn-ish

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When you say corned beef pasty do you mean like, a corned beef slice? Like just corned beef and potato mixed together into a sort of meat mortar, some bovine grout, if you will, that you fill a pastry case with?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Lady Demelza posted:

Spain invades and occupies the land
UK Navy deployed there with Prince Andrew
Despite massive unemployment & recession at home, Boris increases his majority in 2024 for taking what the BBC terms as 'decisive military action'

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

When you say corned beef pasty do you mean like, a corned beef slice? Like just corned beef and potato mixed together into a sort of meat mortar, some bovine grout, if you will, that you fill a pastry case with?

:gonk: what the gently caress

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Bovine spongiform encephalopasty :yum:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

xtothez posted:

Spain invades and occupies the land
UK Navy deployed there with Prince Andrew
Despite massive unemployment & recession at home, Boris increases his majority in 2024 for taking what the BBC terms as 'decisive military action'

The Spaniards will cower when they see a lone man sprinting at them without a hint of sweat

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bundy posted:

:gonk: what the gently caress

Is this another northern only thing?

They have onion in too, actually. Really nice, and extremely solid when cold meaning they're quite tidy to eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

The Spaniards will cower when they see a lone man sprinting at them without a hint of sweat

AAAH! It is the Nonce de León! :gonk: