Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Viva Miriya posted:

Btw, appreciated the gift of that book. It's a shame I'll never waste time with that bullshit rear end religion again. But it was nonetheless a nice gift. Thank you secret santa.

What was the book? Some kind of religious book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

What was the book? Some kind of religious book?

American Radical. It sounds quite interesting and I will read it. In another life, this book could be quite inspiring, ngl. It's about an Egyptian born FBI agent. Muslim, works undercover to infiltrate terror cells by the look of it. I'm Egyptian so my guess is my Santa has me on FB or knew me on discord and thought this was great. It is and it's probably gonna be a great read. It's simply just gonna be a read for me, not a blueprint for next steps. I do appreciate the thought that went into this, sincerely. They just missed the part where I'm not actually a Muslim anymore. That's all.

If you must know Daesh was the turning point for me re that. 9/11 was step one, back when I believed it to be a mere aberration, a stain on the religion. Now I think all religion can get hosed and, personally, I'd rather die then pretend to be one of these heretical motherfuckers. Even if I got to kill them all in the end. So that's why this book is a lukewarm gift. Can't make use of the knowledge: this way ain't my way.

I'll crack it open and finish it. Least I can do for my secret Santa. But all I expect to get out of it is a interesting tale. And I think my Santa was hoping for a little more, by choosing this one specific gift.

Or gently caress it, maybe they just thought it was a cool read. C'est la vie. But that's it shim, that's why I posted that up.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Viva Miriya posted:

American Radical. It sounds quite interesting and I will read it. In another life, this book could be quite inspiring, ngl. It's about an Egyptian born FBI agent. Muslim, works undercover to infiltrate terror cells by the look of it. I'm Egyptian so my guess is my Santa has me on FB or knew me on discord and thought this was great. It is and it's probably gonna be a great read. It's simply just gonna be a read for me, not a blueprint for next steps. I do appreciate the thought that went into this, sincerely. They just missed the part where I'm not actually a Muslim anymore. That's all.

If you must know Daesh was the turning point for me re that. 9/11 was step one, back when I believed it to be a mere aberration, a stain on the religion. Now I think all religion can get hosed and, personally, I'd rather die then pretend to be one of these heretical motherfuckers. Even if I got to kill them all in the end. So that's why this book is a lukewarm gift. Can't make use of the knowledge: this way ain't my way.

I'll crack it open and finish it. Least I can do for my secret Santa. But all I expect to get out of it is a interesting tale. And I think my Santa was hoping for a little more, by choosing this one specific gift.

Or gently caress it, maybe they just thought it was a cool read. C'est la vie. But that's it shim, that's why I posted that up.

I'll trade you for the book I got a few years back on how to make cum cocktails.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hekk posted:

I'll trade you for the book I got a few years back on how to make cum cocktails.

Deal. Let me actually read this first lmfao. I'll swap later hahahaha.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Viva Miriya posted:

I don’t frequent discord that often but I’m pretty good at intelligence gathering, and I wanted to make sure you got a secret Satan gift that you would know someone put some thought and effort into. I’ve been burned by secret Satan in the past, and it was hilarious. You’ll enjoy the book if you even remotely enjoyed The Departed. The book pick wasn’t really about the agent being Muslim as much as him being Egyptian American and doing cool bad rear end poo poo in service to this nation.

It’s highly rated. You should have seen some of the books I tried out before I was like yep that’s the one. My taste in literature is purely SCI-FI and Military Techno Thriller novels. So while this book isn’t in my usual wheelhouse I still really enjoyed it.

Let me know what you think of it after you’ve read it. I really do hope you get at least a kick out of seeing how some of the sausage is made in domestic CT operations by the FBI. They’re like the most competent clowns in the clown car that is policing in America.

Also re: Losing your faith due to the actions of the worst people of your faith? I get that brother. I’m Jewish and Native American- I am so goddamn mentally conflicted on the subject of faith that I will likely never be devout again. I respect your decision to leave Islam, and I can totally respect where your coming from on that subject.

Happy holidays Viva!

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I don’t frequent discord that often but I’m pretty good at intelligence gathering, and I wanted to make sure you got a secret Satan gift that you would know someone put some thought and effort into. I’ve been burned by secret Satan in the past, and it was hilarious. You’ll enjoy the book if you even remotely enjoyed The Departed. The book pick wasn’t really about the agent being Muslim as much as him being Egyptian American and doing cool bad rear end poo poo in service to this nation.

It’s highly rated. You should have seen some of the books I tried out before I was like yep that’s the one. My taste in literature is purely SCI-FI and Military Techno Thriller novels. So while this book isn’t in my usual wheelhouse I still really enjoyed it.

Let me know what you think of it after you’ve read it. I really do hope you get at least a kick out of seeing how some of the sausage is made in domestic CT operations by the FBI. They’re like the most competent clowns in the clown car that is policing in America.

Also re: Losing your faith due to the actions of the worst people of your faith? I get that brother. I’m Jewish and Native American- I am so goddamn mentally conflicted on the subject of faith that I will likely never be devout again. I respect your decision to leave Islam, and I can totally respect where your coming from on that subject.

Happy holidays Viva!

I'm glad I drew you then. And I loved the departed so now I'm eyeing this book different. This is now subway reading material, which means I'm going to actual read it ASAP. Thank you for sending it and for doing the due diligence in looking into me. It's not unnoticed and definitely appreciated. Happy Holidays Shim. Be easy fam.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Just sent mine out. Nothing crazy just some local PNW items. Sadly no crab.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Stinkypete, you are one creative person!!

I LOVE the printed cats!! I'm so in awe of the white cat. It's super cool.

For the main event, I am still shocked (and laughing) at the house. The pictures really don't do it justice. It is going to have a permanent home on my desk.

Completely lost it at the missing siding (probably can't see in the pictures from bad lighting/old iphone camera. But holy poo poo, what an awesome print.

Thanks, I love every bit of it. :)

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Gift deployed, ETA Saturday.

Enjoy. :unsmigghh:

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Sarah posted:

Stinkypete, you are one creative person!!

I LOVE the printed cats!! I'm so in awe of the white cat. It's super cool.

For the main event, I am still shocked (and laughing) at the house. The pictures really don't do it justice. It is going to have a permanent home on my desk.

Completely lost it at the missing siding (probably can't see in the pictures from bad lighting/old iphone camera. But holy poo poo, what an awesome print.

Thanks, I love every bit of it. :)

Goddamn, that's raising the bar

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Arc Light posted:

Goddamn, that's raising the bar

no, that will be the bar forever

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Just so there is no confusion the GroverHaus was designed and mocked up by another Goon NOT ME. I just found it on https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3924308 and printed it. The burnt siding made me giggle too. The print took 26 hours and the inside detail is amazing. The goon who made this should get all of the praise and credit not me.

The white flexi-cat, dish towel, and stickers we did make in house. The other stuff is just Inter-Mountain West stuff. Glad you enjoyed!

StinkyPete

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Oooooh, Satan stopped by while I was at work!

(ignoring the curlies for a moment) OOOH a Kinder Egg!

And beneath that egg...oh god, man down! MAN DOWN!

It's ok, looks like the prize survived.

gently caress. Yes.

As a husky gentleman, I can confidently say that these will be put to good use.

Definitely gonna follow the provided advice for this. That's my weekend standard, so excellent suggestion.

Nailed it, dude. Thanks! Merry Christmas, Eh!

Oh yeah.

The curlies.

Edit: Tables! :argh:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 17, 2019

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

NOOOOOO the goods I illegally exported didn't survive :( (at least the toy inside should be OK to make)

Glad the rye did though, please enjoy a nice cup of coffee with a shot of that in it under the watchful eye of chowdown.

I was 100% drunk when I ordered that mug.

Enjoy dude!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I have finalized my gift, but am stuck waiting on them to arrive. I most likely won't get them out to my santee until after xmas day.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Naked bear POST THE PICTURES

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
My package has been en route for 20 days now, and there's still no update on the tracking page of the local logistics service. I've gone from mildly-concerned to a more healthy German moderately-concerned.
Three weeks should be the absolute maximum for something getting there, let alone to clear customs and be tracked locally.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
My backup gifts been sent out to my target, sadly the real gift wont get here until after xmas because the place i ordered it from was very slow and it still hasn't shipped.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

My packages made it to their target country a couple days ago, but I haven't seen a tracking update since then. Hopefully just waiting for someone in customs to process them through.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
My Secret Satan gift got here just before I left. Yay!

http://imgur.com/a/RrH3WDw

Huh. Well, even a nerd like me can tell that is some awesome jerky.

That book is a new one to me too. Looks like a fine doorstop fantasy epic. Just in time for a plane ride. Thanks!

Edit: I'm a dumb that needs to figure out mobile imgur.

Ceiling fan fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 20, 2019

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Ceiling fan posted:

My Secret Satan gift got here just before I left. Yay!

http://imgur.com/a/RrH3WDw

Huh. Well, even a nerd like me can tell that is some awesome jerky.

That book is a new one to me too. Looks like a fine doorstop fantasy epic. Just in time for a plane ride. Thanks!

Edit: I'm a dumb that needs to figure out mobile imgur.

I meant it with love, and glad to hear you like the gifts!

The reviews for the book said it was the Road House of fantasy novels. Enjoy!

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
I took it in the spirit and humor you meant. And now the book sounds even more awesome. I'll keep count of how many people get thrown through windows.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Shim I finally got around to sending the package today

Should arrive.... sometime

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

10 oz of reasonably good tasting Jerky is a huge score. Tillamook is a good pacific northwest jerky. That is alright for being a "loving nerd :)" made me laugh. Plus side is you now have a book to read while snacking on good Jerky.

Hail Secret Satan

This is still fun!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
My packages are still in China.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If my gift hasn't arrived by Monday, I'm fairly sure it's not getting there by Christmas, or at all, to be honest. By then, it will have been in transit for 25 days, 21 days after clearing outgoing customs (if they'd thought it was a bomb, it would have not passed customs here anyway), and that's customs-limbo-territory.
I'll order a tracing inquiry on Monday to figure out if it may have been flagged as undeliverable by accident, or to at least confirm it is lost at all. :(

The inquiry technically requires a written confirmation by the addressee that they have not received the request, but I guess I can scribble together something on behalf of my santee before that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Hoping to finish mine up this weekend.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

DUZZY

OH MY loving GOD

YOU MADMAN

I have been goatse'd from Deutschland.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:frogon:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Uhhh can I post goatman without getting ye Olde banhammer?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

MA-Horus posted:

Uhhh can I post goatman without getting ye Olde banhammer?

I mean just put it behind a :nws: link if it is not work safe.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

DUZZY

OH MY loving GOD

YOU MADMAN

I have been goatse'd from Deutschland.

Hahahhahahaha

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I recieve a package delivery notification.

Germany! Cool! Uh, what?

Eh, I'm Dutch. We're used to getting hosed by ZE GERMANS

Welp.

:a2m: :nms:

It is spicy. It will be enjoyed. Thank you dude.
I, uh, don't know about the sex toy thing.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Lol I think Duzzy has it this year. I knew he’d do something hot sauce but that is hilarious.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Also Duz, Canada Post is hot garbage, no wonder you lost tracking

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

that is uhh one hell of a customs declaration

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm dying of relief.

Scratch that, I have died of relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hey stinkypete your santa just messaged me to say hes too loving lazy to get poo poo out on time and you'll have to wait until he can be bothered

I mean he phrased it that he was waiting on something but I think it was clear what he meant