Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

The French Army posted:

2: Can we report pubbies to their own clans for not following that clan's rules?

Like most libertarians and alt-righters, being hypocrites does not matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Danaru posted:

Here's a little lesson in trickery

This is going down in history.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If by report, you mean mock, then yes.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Xelkelvos posted:

But see the mods are biased in favor of goons because

Did you not contribute to our [monetary incentive] to Alex?

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

I'm light because of the holidays. Can I double up next week?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

The French Army posted:

Two ideas I had today.

1: Turn the world into a radioactive wasteland.

I was reading about nuclear weapons causing fallout, which negatively affects food production. I wonder if it would be possible to set off enough warheads to render Orbis unarable.

It would take just over 80 nukes per continent to do the job. Apparently it has happened in the past to the point that hoarding/scalping food became a CB.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

BurntCornMuffin posted:

It would take just over 80 nukes per continent to do the job. Apparently it has happened in the past to the point that hoarding/scalping food became a CB.

Sounds like a goon project to me

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Danaru posted:

Here's a little lesson in trickery

never go against a goon when browser games are on the line.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

So hoard food then make nukes happen.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

To me it sounds like we should establish ourselves as the premier alliance, hoard the food and then nuke the earth.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The amount of “goons don’t fight fair” and “coordination is cheating” warms my heart

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

The French Army posted:

To me it sounds like we should establish ourselves as the premier alliance, hoard the food and then nuke the earth.

Second

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The French Army posted:

2: Can we report pubbies to their own clans for not following that clan's rules?

I'm fighting a Golden Horde shitter who isn't even putting up a fight except for a lone missile. In the clan's page it says that members will fight to the very last and are unconcerned with their cities/infrastructure. It sounds to me that this guy is more concerned with playing SimCity rather than going balls out on war, which seems like a violation of Golden Horde's member rules.

Fighting Pacifists attacked us first, unprovoked save we're on opposite sides of the war.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Hail SS-18 Satan, may its repeated passing cleanse the earth

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

That’s it??? We could sterilize most continents without too much work

Orv
May 4, 2011
Extremely disappointed if this isn't the end game plan.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

We could even coordinate it with GOONS members to cleanse Orbis with nuclear hellfire literally overnight.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
560 nukes plus a buffer? Seems reasonable. We could even have a 'launch party' in Discord....

For those of you playing along at home (Hi Methrage!) we totally will do it too.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

That’s it??? We could sterilize most continents without too much work

So, documenting the math:

Food production is reduced by a percentage equal to radiation/1000. In other words, at 1000R, food can no longer grow (assuming no cap)

A nuke produces 5 radiation on the continent where it detonated, and 1 radiation on all other continents.

So, 200 nukes will sterilize a single continent completely, but only irradiate other continents to 80% production.

91 nukes on a single continent produces 455R, and 91R on other continents. If we nuked all continents save one in similar fashion, the last continent would have 546R on it: finishing the job gives us 455+546=1001R on all continents: sterilizing the entire world.

So a radiation-free world requires 91*7=637 nukes to completely sterilize the world. However, the reality is that pubs love to nuke, so we could potentially pull it off with far less.

It is not clear from documentation if the nukes individually decay or if the radiation index is just flat-subtracted each turn. It it's the first, all our nukes will be completely decayed in 8 days. If it's the second, then it will take far longer (13 years) to completely decay.

It could be an effective way to manipulate the food market for maximum profit, especially if the nuke decay is calculated per nuke, since we can pump and dump quickly. If the decay is calculated overall, it won't matter, because the game will be over.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

BurntCornMuffin posted:

So, documenting the math:

Food production is reduced by a percentage equal to radiation/1000. In other words, at 1000R, food can no longer grow (assuming no cap)

A nuke produces 5 radiation on the continent where it detonated, and 1 radiation on all other continents.

So, 200 nukes will sterilize a single continent completely, but only irradiate other continents to 80% production.

91 nukes on a single continent produces 455R, and 91R on other continents. If we nuked all continents save one in similar fashion, the last continent would have 546R on it: finishing the job gives us 455+546=1001R on all continents: sterilizing the entire world.

So a radiation-free world requires 91*7=637 nukes to completely sterilize the world. However, the reality is that pubs love to nuke, so we could potentially pull it off with far less.

It is not clear from documentation if the nukes individually decay or if the radiation index is just flat-subtracted each turn. It it's the first, all our nukes will be completely decayed in 8 days. If it's the second, then it will take far longer (13 years) to completely decay.

It could be an effective way to manipulate the food market for maximum profit, especially if the nuke decay is calculated per nuke, since we can pump and dump quickly. If the decay is calculated overall, it won't matter, because the game will be over.

Slide into my DMs on discord papi.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Time to start not being a twin city and go big is what I heard :getin:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
For nuke calcs, remember that Antarctica has 50% less food production

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

PathAsc posted:

Time to start not being a twin city and go big is what I heard :getin:

Raiding income as a twin is actually the most you’ll probably ever make as a raider but given how long it takes to grow after 10 I’m glad I jumped on the fast track to tweens.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

End game is absolutely sterilization of the entire game by perma nuclear winter.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

The Shortest Path posted:

This is going down in history.

now look at this nuke, that I just found
when I say go, be ready to throw

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

chairface posted:

Sard: "At them not me!"

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

End game is absolutely sterilization of the entire game by perma nuclear winter.

We need to attempt this within the year.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
accidentally almost started a diplomatic incident :slick:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

chairface posted:

Captain Splendid posted:

Sard: "At them not me!"

:kimchi:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

My three stupid cities I've had since the start of the game, blowjib, handijib, and footjib are a strike. Really stretching on the moderation there.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Can someone dump the convos from the initial arguments with TLE when their first guy raided us? I want to see the pride before the fall

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Orv posted:

Extremely disappointed if this isn't the end game plan.

Well, close, I mean the real endgame plan is:
[YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT]

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Sardonik posted:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Ditocoaf posted:

Yeah but as long as [YOU MUST HAVE A PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP TO VIEW THIS CONTENT]

E: come to think of it even if that happens [platinum]we can just offer Alex more cash to "anonymously" assassinate their spies like last time[/patinum]

Danaru fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 21, 2019

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Sardonik posted:

👀

That's loving diabolical. I love it!

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Can someone dump the convos from the initial arguments with TLE when their first guy raided us? I want to see the pride before the fall

I did a discord dump of the final talks I had with TLE before we blitz'd them, but I don't know if Kris or Jazz want to share theirs.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Danaru, you missed an l. Clean that code up ASAP.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ditocoaf posted:

goddammit, I wish I had plat :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
[You must have a Something Awful Gold account to view this post]