Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

zelah posted:

I bought it on iTunes. She got money though so I would not judge you for pirating it

Is it good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I do judge you for not pirating it.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It was kind of crazy the way she killed the runways over and over again, wound up in the bottom, killed every lip synch she was in, unquestionably got to the final on her ample merits as a drag queen and I still kind of think of her as forgettable in the context of the show, solely bc she was so insanely reserved and averse to drama

She wasn't America's Next Drag Superstar because she got 10s for drag and performance but a 0 for being a reality tv personality. Which is fine but very awkward to deal with for production.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

Eej posted:

She wasn't America's Next Drag Superstar because she got 10s for drag and performance but a 0 for being a reality tv personality. Which is fine but very awkward to deal with for production.

She got 10s on lipsync performances but I'm struggling to remember her in any of the performance challenges.

I also only watched that season once though.

edit: looked up an episode list, I forgot she had a good Cher. Still, it wasn't a super memorable moment to me. Every other performance challenge I feel like she faded into the background. But that season was in general pretty weak on that front imo.

A God Damn Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Dec 12, 2019

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

A God drat Ghost posted:

She got 10s on lipsync performances but I'm struggling to remember her in any of the performance challenges.

I also only watched that season once though.

edit: looked up an episode list, I forgot she had a good Cher. Still, it wasn't a super memorable moment to me. Every other performance challenge I feel like she faded into the background. But that season was in general pretty weak on that front imo.

She was one of the only good things about the Pharmarusical as well.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I actually really enjoyed Kameron in the talkshow challenge as well ("Bossy Rossy"?), but I have a huge soft spot for her. I was an instant fan as soon as the Meet the Queens came out, what with her being a video game nerd, from Tennessee, AND a muscle queen. I'd say I'm surprised that the latter haven't been featured more on Drag Race (besides Jasmine Masters and her abs, of course), but...with some of Ru's/Michelle's opinions, am I really though?

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I think my memory blocked out PharmaRusical, but I don't blame any of the queens for that.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Her snatch game was very much not the funniest but I thought it a pretty good crack at a recently deceased celebrity which can’t be easy to do

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Her snatch game was very much not the funniest but I thought it a pretty good crack at a recently deceased celebrity which can’t be easy to do

Agreed, but compared to the travesties that were Monique's, Vixen's, Asia's (and hell, even Cracker's) Snatch Game performances...Kameron got fairly lucky there. She wasn't BAD, but would have been much more underwhelming in a different season's Snatch Game.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I kinda loved Bossy Rossy as a challenge. Ross Matthews is so funny and good at hosting and I hope they use him more in scenes like that in future seasons.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I think Kameron had a bit of a strategy in keeping quiet and then turning out generally stunning performances (and I'm sure it's also partly her personality) but IMHO she erred on the side of being too circumspect about choosing when to turn it on.

E: I actually hated Pharmarusical less than most of the musical challenges because the music didn't get stuck in my head as easily. "I'm Kyliiiiie, I'm the one with the lips, forty million fans want my makeup tips" got stuck in my head for a straight month and I still can't look at either Farrah or Kylie Jenner anymore.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Dec 12, 2019

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Thinking about how YouTube was in its infancy when this aired, and it probably wasn’t uploaded to the platform for years and years, but that it’s still a powerful contender for a list of greatest YouTubes of all time for me

https://youtu.be/X0u4CplON0s

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Thinking about how YouTube was in its infancy when this aired, and it probably wasn’t uploaded to the platform for years and years, but that it’s still a powerful contender for a list of greatest YouTubes of all time for me

https://youtu.be/X0u4CplON0s

It's amazing how far the show has come. The early seasons a lot of the girls would just wear mall fashion, and now if they aren't wearing original works on every single runway, they don't stand a chance.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

god raven is such an icon

my fave ru girl

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Raven should have won s2, goddammit.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Tyra may be insane (she seems to mb be turning it around lately ngl, but i haven't been keeping close track), but she killed that season and only slacked off when she knew she had immunity.

That said I do wish Raven had won.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

esperterra posted:

Tyra may be insane (she seems to mb be turning it around lately ngl, but i haven't been keeping close track), but she killed that season and only slacked off when she knew she had immunity.

That said I do wish Raven had won.

See, I feel like Tyra was resting on looks and then turned it out at the end, while Raven was more or less consistently excellent throughout. But that does make for better TV, and to be entirely fair, I haven't watched S2 in a while. because they filmed inside a jar of Vaseline, I think

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Raven performed poor to middling til about halfway through the season, while Tyra started good and coasted every time she had immunity. It balances out to p much the same amount of awesomeness imo.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Let's just agree that more Jessica Wild vodka adverts are needed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

it is known

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I love this berry acai...

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

oooh i luv dis drink.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Berzerker posted:

oooh i luv dis drink.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwbCpuohWw5/?igshid=1b3o3am9zmzd3

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

THE DREAMS OF A GOLDEN CHILD *sip*

Also, we need more Stacy Lane Matthews exercise videos.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wish they'd shut the gently caress up about jiggly in race chaser

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Wish they'd shut the gently caress up about jiggly in race chaser

I stopped listening a while ago. After a couple seasons they no longer had any insight into the show, and Alaska and Willam just got annoying giving straight recaps.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

S4 so far has some fun insights, since Willam was there and Alaska heard everything from Sharon (who they will be bringing on as a guest likely after Willam's elimination episode). S5 should be fun too due to Alaska's having been there.

I've enjoyed the podcast this whole time tho so YMMV

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I generally enjoy Alaska but Willam has a tendency to make me cringe/feel second hand embarrassment.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Willam is a tragic old man honestly but I'll still listen

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

It's gossipy and I can zone in and out. I'm really only gonna listen to the S4 and 5 recaps.

Aaaaaalaskaaaaaaaa thaaaaaaaaaatttttt vooooiiiiiiiccccce is TERRIBLE (but I luv her newayz)

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Yeah, so I walk back my statements about how Baga has no political leanings, she's still a Tory piece of poo poo

Guilty fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 23, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh really?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Much wuuuuuuuuhhhhse!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

I remember several thread regulars are big IMHO fans, and that many people enjoyed Denali's Linda Belcher number. So here's Denali with the IMHO girls!!

https://youtu.be/qngm5hCW8NQ

I treasure all of this :)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Hug in a Can posted:

I remember several thread regulars are big IMHO fans, and that many people enjoyed Denali's Linda Belcher number. So here's Denali with the IMHO girls!!

https://youtu.be/qngm5hCW8NQ

I treasure all of this :)

...camptown races sing this song...

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
Holy crap! So Lucian Piane.posted this thing on fb.....

quote:

I felt the need to tell you all I’m alive and recovering since I’ve been so public about everything else.

I’ve cried more in the last week than I have in my entire life.

Marijuana edibles seem to be toxic to my sanity and NOT the way to treat the chronic pain I’ve had for many years.

I am grieving and quite soberly coming to terms with everything I’ve said and done over the past few years and I deeply apologize to anyone I scared, hurt or offended.

I AM SO SORRY.

I’m a lover. And my heart only wants to spread love, but I ended up in a distorted reality where no one understood me and it was quite terrifying. I knew I was a good person at heart (albeit completely lost in translation) and that kept me chugging along digging deeper and deeper holes for myself - basically alienating myself from everyone.

I love you. I love all people, all races, all genders, ALL people and unfortunately while desperately searching for solutions for my pain, I veered down a path that basically took me to an alternate reality with different rules. I started tinkering with everything I took for granted and got lost in a wild mind labyrinth of darkness. And only stayed there because I wasn’t feeling my pain.

I know who I really am in my heart: I’m the guy who wrote all that music to uplift gay/trans youth with RuPaul. I’m the guy who donated music and time to many charities. I write music to MAKE PEOPLE FEEL GOOD! I have always been that person.... until suddenly I wasn’t acting like him?

I don’t understand what I’ve said and done or why I thought it all was ok, so I can’t expect anyone else to. I just know I created mind-mazes of wordplay and reverse psychology and crazy spiritual logic to trick myself into thinking it was ok at the time.... all while eating a lot of edibles.

I just want you all to know that I feel like I’m FINALLY waking up to the fact that my marijuana mind/body experiments all tragically failed and I’m very sad to have caused such chaos for everyone, my friends, my family, and mostly myself. I basically self-destructed in public and I’m still trying to determine why. I just know I was desperately searching for a way out of physical pain that I’ve had for many years.... so maybe that’s just it?

I’m sure there are many people who dislike me now, which I understand. I dislike the person who appeared online for years, but I want to rediscover and embolden the person I actually know I am and maybe that was the point of it all. I don’t really know yet. I do know there is a warrior for love deep inside of me.

And no, I don’t have any beef with anyone. I was being completely ridiculous - how could I? Anything I said, even if partly true was so blown out of proportion it was all COMPLETELY ridiculous.

I just wish it hadn’t been so ugly. That wasn’t me.

Again, very sorry to those who I hurt. I’m seeking other methods for dealing with my physical pain.

Love you all,
Lucian

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Well, that's spoiled my Christmas edible. What is he talking about?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i'm permanently twitter banned music producer lucien piane 58. i got really into the concept of irony a while back...

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Well, that's spoiled my Christmas edible. What is he talking about?

I'm assuming he means weed edibles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

SlaveToTheGrinds posted:

I'm assuming he means weed edibles.

As do I, I just don't know what his rant is referring to. Did he do something? What happened?