Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Who controls the transfers at Liverpool now? Is it still the committee?

The committee is no more. That was a move to accommodate Rodgers' ego. Michael Edwards oversees all data analysis and player identification. Edwards handles all transfer purchases and sales negotiations too. Klopp works with Edwards on prioritizing positions and gives final approval on any moves.

I think Klopp is fairly unique in being happy to go without a new player if he does not feel anyone available is a great fit for what he wants. That might be making Edwards look better than he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brony Car posted:

The committee is no more. That was a move to accommodate Rodgers' ego. Michael Edwards oversees all data analysis and player identification. Edwards handles all transfer purchases and sales negotiations too. Klopp works with Edwards on prioritizing positions and gives final approval on any moves.

I think Klopp is fairly unique in being happy to go without a new player if he does not feel anyone available is a great fit for what he wants. That might be making Edwards look better than he is.

lol this put a mental image of a grinning Edwards coming in with a comedy scroll unfurled with player pictures on, gesturing at them and looking expectedly at Klopp, for Klopp to throw that crazy angry face and gesture for Edwards to get the gently caress out. Repeat many times until van Dijk appears on one.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
[quote="Brony Car" post=""500981651"] If Liverpool get closer to United's level of Premier League success, they might be able to do what the Glazers seem to do (i.e., cater less to the local fans and squeeze more cash from eager out-of-town and foreign fans (like me!) and sponsors).
[/quote]

This is I think what's happening with the Red Sox right now.

So in other words expect Minamino to be a Salah replacement

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

transfer thread is up https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3907628

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ancelotti is official

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I just really hope at some stage a seppo owner provides us with something even half as funny as Jen Chang

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/johncooney1/status/1208397706827358208

arsenal supporters are toxic trash

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I wonder what the big difference might be between the AFTV guys and the people telling them to get out? :thunk:

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I wonder what the big difference might be between the AFTV guys and the people telling them to get out? :thunk:

Does it have to be about racism and not, say, AFTV broadcasting the same few fans every match that all have the same moans about the club and players for little other than views and "lol Claude's having a swear again".

You could be right, but doesn't seem fair to launch that accusation on the evidence at hand.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V7MX6Bkmr4

Lmao

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bundy posted:

Does it have to be about racism and not, say, AFTV broadcasting the same few fans every match that all have the same moans about the club and players for little other than views and "lol Claude's having a swear again".

You could be right, but doesn't seem fair to launch that accusation on the evidence at hand.

Arsenal fans complaining about people being negative and just repeating the same moans over and over again would seem at best to be lacking in self awareness. And like I say, there is one really loving obvious difference between the AFTV guys and the people surrounding them in that clip.

Maybe you're right and these are actually legitimate concerns instead of Legitimate Concerns, but in this country and at this point in history I'm all out of benefit of the doubt.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

including aftv, they thrive on drama and they encourage it

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Those AFTV guys are making money by generating content that fans of rival clubs use to make fun of Arsenal fans. I'd be pretty pissed off at them too if I was an Arsenal fan.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brony Car posted:

Those AFTV guys are making money by generating content that fans of rival clubs use to make fun of Arsenal fans. I'd be pretty pissed off at them too if I was an Arsenal fan.

Yeah. The contrast I can refer to is Full Time Devils, my personal favourite United fan channel, they're very honest about the club while obviously still being fans, so when the fancams are out and things aren't going well they try and keep a balance of the "Ole Out" vs "Give him time" supporters and what not. Some of the crew also have some decent ITK level access to the club.

Whereas AFTV seems like meltdowns for clicks. I don't think it started that way, I think maybe they tripped over someone like Claude and clocked onto the traffic it got them. It was a massive Claude meltdown that made me aware of the channel at any rate.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

Yeah. The contrast I can refer to is Full Time Devils, my personal favourite United fan channel, they're very honest about the club while obviously still being fans, so when the fancams are out and things aren't going well they try and keep a balance of the "Ole Out" vs "Give him time" supporters and what not. Some of the crew also have some decent ITK level access to the club.

Whereas AFTV seems like meltdowns for clicks. I don't think it started that way, I think maybe they tripped over someone like Claude and clocked onto the traffic it got them. It was a massive Claude meltdown that made me aware of the channel at any rate.

How do you feel about Goldbridge?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Brony Car posted:

How do you feel about Goldbridge?

I've not seen much because what I have seen has been unwatchable trash.

Don't think much of Goldbridge either lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 21, 2019

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Wait, is the current TRP position that all Arsenal fans should like AFTV?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

My position is who loving cares. Arsenal are shite.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bundy posted:

Which is a good reason to not watch them or to moan impotently on an internet forum (hi!).

It's not a reason to surround and jostle them, red-faced, shouting at them to get out of the club. The bloke with the nice neat haircut jabbing his finger in the face of the guy in the leather jacket, and the guy in the flat cap screaming gently caress OFF at the guy with the dyed hair (I've never watched AFTV so I've no idea of their names, sorry) *might* have well-formed views about the commoditisation of the fan experience as part of the ongoing reduction of the game to a purely commercial product, all things are possible, but if it looks like a gammon, it shouts like a gammon, I'm not going to bother wondering whether it might actually be tofu.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Apparently they were singing about AFTV in the stadium too. Seems like the best move would just be to ignore them if you think they're too negative? Lord knows the worst meltdown is melting down about meltdowns.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Excuse me, Arsenal got a clean sheet today.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The club's going through tough times, and AFTV come across as profiteers masquerading as Arsenal fans to earn a buck. Also, Aubameyang has liked AFTV posts that criticize Emery and taken selfies with them. He lashed out at the club for telling him to cut that poo poo out.

Some of this is Aubmeyang's fault surely, but I have no sympathies for a purported fan group that so actively tries to sow discord between club, players and fans. I hope more people surround them and chant for them to gently caress off.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

I hope more people surround them and chant for them to gently caress off.

:agreed:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Robbie is a good lad and i hope he milks every entitled cockney dickhead for everything theyve got

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bape Culture posted:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Vegetable posted:

The club's going through tough times, and AFTV come across as profiteers masquerading as Arsenal fans to earn a buck. Also, Aubameyang has liked AFTV posts that criticize Emery and taken selfies with them. He lashed out at the club for telling him to cut that poo poo out.

Some of this is Aubmeyang's fault surely, but I have no sympathies for a purported fan group that so actively tries to sow discord between club, players and fans. I hope more people surround them and chant for them to gently caress off.

Park life.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

CyberPingu posted:

Park life.
:vince:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/1208484034734632961
lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Pogba has apparently flown with the squad to Watford :monocle:

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Can't wait for that episode of Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Which is a good reason to not watch them or to moan impotently on an internet forum (hi!).

It's not a reason to surround and jostle them, red-faced, shouting at them to get out of the club. The bloke with the nice neat haircut jabbing his finger in the face of the guy in the leather jacket, and the guy in the flat cap screaming gently caress OFF at the guy with the dyed hair (I've never watched AFTV so I've no idea of their names, sorry) *might* have well-formed views about the commoditisation of the fan experience as part of the ongoing reduction of the game to a purely commercial product, all things are possible, but if it looks like a gammon, it shouts like a gammon, I'm not going to bother wondering whether it might actually be tofu.

Sorry I'm not going to leap on the racism bandwagon so easily here. There's nothing racist shouted by the 50 or so fans you can see in shot. AFTV have done plenty to get ire from fans just like united stand have. I am unsurprised that a 50 to 100 sample of Arsenal fans with the means to get to an away game in Liverpool are white.

"Don't like it don't watch it" isn't an acceptable defense for speech we all consider to be harmful so why should it be for these arsenal fans that don't appreciate the monetising of negative views of the club by AFTV? My point here is I can see a group of fans having beef with AFTV for far more logical reasons than "Robbie is one of them".

NinpoEspiritoSanto fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 22, 2019

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Bundy posted:

Pogba has apparently flown with the squad to Watford :monocle:

Cool that they had to fly a plane for a 3 hour loving journey

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Cool that they had to fly a plane for a 3 hour loving journey

They didn’t have to, they chose to

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bundy posted:

Sorry I'm not going to leap on the racism bandwagon so easily here. There's nothing racist shouted by the 50 or so fans you can see in shot. AFTV have done plenty to get ire from fans just like united stand have. I am unsurprised that a 50 to 100 sample of Arsenal fans with the means to get to an away game in Liverpool are white.

"Don't like it don't watch it" isn't an acceptable defense for speech we all consider to be harmful so why should it be for these arsenal fans that don't appreciate the monetising of negative views of the club by AFTV? My point here is I can see a group of fans having beef with AFTV for far more logical reasons than "Robbie is one of them".

Yup

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Bape Culture posted:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shrapnig posted:

They didn’t have to, they chose to

It’s a shame

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

It’s a shame

C.R.E.A.M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU