Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Boba Fett also survived giving Vader some lip which is unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Yeah Vader respecting Fett enough he's offering an insurance policy if the freezemachine fucks up is especially noticable in contrast to how he just browbeats lando into eating poo poo.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Binary Badger posted:

The Moff's words about "you don't know what he is" in regards to BabYod keep coming back to haunt me..

"He's my son."

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Owlbear Camus posted:

Only one thing can top Herzog in a star war.

Put Zizek in a star war, cowards.

Zizek as the new head of the Hutt cartel, but it’s just Zizek in like a t shirt.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Owlbear Camus posted:

"Have you ever heard the story of Hegel the wise?
*sniff*
He had to power to control the objective cultural practices on which subjective life depended within the dynamics of the development of the self-consciousness and self-actualization and so on, but in the end couldn't save him self from ideology. I personally find this very comical, as an absurd irony you know?"

"Can I learn this power?"

"Not from a subjective idealist!"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’d like to think that Kuill programmed IG-11 so well that Mando cannot get rid of it. Like if he leaves, IG-11 is still programmed to take care of the baby, and will hunt the baby down to ends of the universe so it can tuck him in and read him a story.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Guys, I'm not trying to goonrush this thread or anything, but we in the star wars games community came up with this mashup that we would really appreciate your participation in:
https://twitter.com/fishtobaskets/status/1208173444774481920

retweet it is i guess what we're asking?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Was "you have something I want" a breaking bad reference or is my brain just scrambled eggs from too much pop culture bullshit?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Binary Badger posted:

The Moff's words about "you don't know what he is" in regards to BabYod keep coming back to haunt me..

Has Mando fed him after midnight yet?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why is a Moff dressed like Darth Vader with no helmet vs an imperial officer anyways? Did they just go to town with their costumes after Chokeman passed away?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Baronjutter posted:

Where is space-boston in the star wars universe?

Bos Eisley

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

Why is a Moff dressed like Darth Vader with no helmet vs an imperial officer anyways? Did they just go to town with their costumes after Chokeman passed away?

Imperial higher ranking officers always liked fancy outfits with capes and baubles, but the Empire probably had a standard uniform

With the Empire collapsed it would make sense the Moffs would be grandiose and style themselves as the true heirs to Vader and the Empire

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Imperial higher ranking officers always liked fancy outfits with capes and baubles, but the Empire probably had a standard uniform

With the Empire collapsed it would make sense the Moffs would be grandiose and style themselves as the true heirs to Vader and the Empire

yeah the ben mendelsohn middle management bad guy in rogue one had that spiffy white uniform and floor length cape. this dudes outfit didn’t seem too wild

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Ben Medelsohn was executive vice president level.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah the Emperor always wanted a local warlords sort of thing going on so of course these guys that don't have a lot of oversight overall or think they're indispensable in some way like Ben Mendolsohn's character and Darth Fring are going to roll around like they're hot poo poo.

But plenty of people wear capes in Star Wars so that's not a big deal, and it's not like Fring is wearing crazy cybernetic looking stuff, it's just armor.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Now that Ralph McQuarrie's stuff is being fully mined for a few years can Disney retroactively sue Bungie for ripping it all off shamelessly for the Destiny games?

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

my least favorite new star wars art thing is how the TCW show made that weird armor/robe hybrid style a thing for Jedi. it looks stupid and now i feel like its everywhere

edit: for clarification non Jedi in armor and capes are still very cool

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
High-level imperials are always blinging themselves out meanwhile Palpatine is just walking around in his bathrobe.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

DukeofCA posted:

High-level imperials are always blinging themselves out meanwhile Palpatine is just walking around in his bathrobe.

Wouldn't you if you were Emperor of the whole galaxy?

I would be in full The Dude costume not giving a crap tbh

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

Guys, I'm not trying to goonrush this thread or anything, but we in the star wars games community came up with this mashup that we would really appreciate your participation in:
https://twitter.com/fishtobaskets/status/1208173444774481920

retweet it is i guess what we're asking?

This is so goddamn good.

It has no right to be this good.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
Ole Palpy just shirtcocking it for thirty years until Vader got sick of it

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Owlbear Camus posted:

He’s already in both of the last two movies though?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

veni veni veni posted:

It's some type of TIE pilot armor

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

DukeofCA posted:

The Emperor has no clothes.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Neo Rasa posted:

Now that Ralph McQuarrie's stuff is being fully mined for a few years can Disney retroactively sue Bungie for ripping it all off shamelessly for the Destiny games?

Yes indeed, how would Bungie have come up with *checks notes* capes and armor, if not for the work of one Ralph McQuarrie???

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Watch him be one of Vader's personal convoy. Didn't Vader have two TIE fighters with him when he'd leave the cruiser in his?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mandrel posted:

my least favorite new star wars art thing is how the TCW show made that weird armor/robe hybrid style a thing for Jedi. it looks stupid and now i feel like its everywhere

edit: for clarification non Jedi in armor and capes are still very cool

That started with Episode 3 with Obiwan's outfit when he fights Grievous tbh

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I can only really play video games on the weekends and even then half of the time I work on Saturdays. Along with that, new video games here cost drat near 70 bucks so I’m pretty careful about what games I buy. All that being said, if whoever currently has the Star Wars license (EA?) made a Hitman-esque Mandalorian game where you have a choice of bounties and how you achieve them, I would almost certainly buy it. Unless it’s a total EA piece of poo poo, of course. It would totally be a piece of poo poo, wouldn’t it?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dr.Radical posted:

I can only really play video games on the weekends and even then half of the time I work on Saturdays. Along with that, new video games here cost drat near 70 bucks so I’m pretty careful about what games I buy. All that being said, if whoever currently has the Star Wars license (EA?) made a Hitman-esque Mandalorian game where you have a choice of bounties and how you achieve them, I would almost certainly buy it. Unless it’s a total EA piece of poo poo, of course. It would totally be a piece of poo poo, wouldn’t it?

It was called “Star Wars: Bounty Hunter” and it started Jango Fett and it was indeed a dumpster fire

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

It was called “Star Wars: Bounty Hunter” and it started Jango Fett and it was indeed a dumpster fire

Yeah. That was PS2 though. Maybe a new one would be better? Nah who am I kidding

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mandrel posted:

yeah the ben mendelsohn middle management bad guy in rogue one had that spiffy white uniform and floor length cape. this dudes outfit didn’t seem too wild

There's a few guys in similar but capeless uniforms roaming around the Death Star way back in 1977 too, so it did have a history.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The new Jedi Fallen Order game is freaking fantastic. If they can continue pumping out games of this caliber we're in for some good times!

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Are there any Moffs who are still cannon outside of Tarkin? I could buy Tarkin just didn’t peacock around because he was a very boring man defined only by his raw ambition. Less space Goering, more space Robert Moses.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edmund Lava posted:

Are there any Moffs who are still cannon outside of Tarkin? I could buy Tarkin just didn’t peacock around because he was a very boring man defined only by his raw ambition. Less space Goering, more space Robert Moses.

I actually just read yesterday that Captain Panaka was made a Moff in both timelines.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Edmund Lava posted:

This made for a great piece of visual storytelling in Rogue One. The ambitous climber puts on airs dressing like a space prince, the guy who's like the Vice President of Space just wears a simple tunic and jackboots.

Hey if you guys like tabletop games, I played Outer Rim last night. It's really fun and very much in the vein of TM (though it doesn't have TM content(yet, I wouldn't rule out expansions.))

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
TIEs don't have any sort of life support system for 99% of them (special ones probably are modded a bit), so Gus was rocking a TIE flight suit and armor/rebreather, and since he's a special boy he also has a cape.

You don't HAVE to wear armor or a flight suit, but considering there's absolute poo poo for shields and nothing keeping air IN the cockpit with you, having a suit and armor on so you at least don't suffocate isn't a bad idea.

I was kind of annoyed at the folding wings though. That would make it take up a TREMENDOUS amount of space when it's docked, vs just sitting there on its wings like we normally saw. I guess it's optional for em. Looks kinda silly though. When he goes to take off, are they just gonna drag themselves back across whatever concrete or dirt or metal to slowly raise the TIE back up to take off?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

TIEs don't have any sort of life support system for 99% of them (special ones probably are modded a bit), so Gus was rocking a TIE flight suit and armor/rebreather, and since he's a special boy he also has a cape.

You don't HAVE to wear armor or a flight suit, but considering there's absolute poo poo for shields and nothing keeping air IN the cockpit with you, having a suit and armor on so you at least don't suffocate isn't a bad idea.

I was kind of annoyed at the folding wings though. That would make it take up a TREMENDOUS amount of space when it's docked, vs just sitting there on its wings like we normally saw. I guess it's optional for em. Looks kinda silly though. When he goes to take off, are they just gonna drag themselves back across whatever concrete or dirt or metal to slowly raise the TIE back up to take off?

I see no reason why the repulsorlift can’t just lift the fighter before unfolding the wings.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's some type of TIE pilot armor

kinda looks like the inferno squad armor.

Edmund Lava posted:

yeah. they are basicaly govanors of systems and stuff. Tarkin was grand moff which basically means he commanded over saw an entire sector. also in new canon, tarkin is basically a big game hunter like the original ones that actually killed tigers with knives and poo poo. he basicaly looks like geralt under his uniform.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

kinda looks like the inferno squad armor.

Inferno Squad armor is just modified TIE pilot armor, presumably to facilitate them hopping in and out of fighters or ending up in vacuum on a mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

chitoryu12 posted:

Inferno Squad armor is just modified TIE pilot armor, presumably to facilitate them hopping in and out of fighters or ending up in vacuum on a mission.

Yea i loved that. It made them look like some kind of Airborne commandos or something, which i mean, they were.

And Maul showing up in Solo isn't really a surprise if you had watched Clone Wars and Rebels as he was featured in both. He literally ruled Mandalore for a while until Ashoka and Rex lead a clone army to liberate them. That was when Order 66 happened, but Rex's chip had been removed so he didn't try to kill Ashoka.

Though in Rebels he was killed by Obi-Wan so there's zero chance of him showing up in The Mandorlian. More likely if any of Filoni's OCs show up, Katee Sackoff could easily be a live action Bo Katan, or Kevin Mckidd as Finn Rau.