Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
As I understand it, the whole point is that you can't have both (villain and hero) in play. That's by design. That's why Shadows of the Past, currently the only card that puts Nemeses into play, says that if they don't go into play, that card gains surge.

If you're fighting Loki the Villain, then Loki the Nemesis won't come into play. You're already fighting him. Thor doesn't have to deal with the Shadows of his Past, because he's currently dealing with them. Loki's machinations aren't a distraction, they're the main event.

If you're fighting alongside Loki the Hero, then Loki the Nemesis won't come into play. He's not going to screw you up.[*] Thor doesn't have to deal with the Shadows of his Past because Loki is on his side right now.

Or maybe I don't understand it?

[*] This example doesn't work as great, narratively, with Loki, because he's exactly the kind of fucker who would gently caress you while he's on your side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Yeah, this was kind of my question, but also just General surprise when they made Vulture Spider-Man’s nemesis (so they can save doc ock, green goblin, venom, etc) but used Loki for Thor. There’s already very clear rules on heroes and subtitles (for instance a Kate bishop Hawkeye would slide right in and no conflict with Clint ally.

I also wasn’t sure if the Loki nemesis is part of Thor’s deck, sideboard or anything. I don’t think it is. But really they will be able to resolve it with rule clarifications before releasing any other Loki (or any other possible villain as a hero). Hell they could make Loki in particular immune to these rules because of all the illusion magic.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So FFG distribution in Canada continues to suck rear end. My game store only got green goblin and no heroes. They’ll get Miss Marvel next week and Cap is 2-3 weeks after. They put in the order but the distributor was just “well, whoops” which isn’t the first time this has happened.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Black Stones posted:

So FFG distribution in Canada continues to suck rear end. My game store only got green goblin and no heroes. They’ll get Miss Marvel next week and Cap is 2-3 weeks after. They put in the order but the distributor was just “well, whoops” which isn’t the first time this has happened.

My store didn't get enough to fill pre-orders.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
My store didn't bother to get any in, so that's that. I haven't played through anything but Rhino yet so I might as well wait.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Black Stones posted:

Is it Alliance

BecAuse yeah Alliance sucks

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
My store got all three, plus I got an extra Ms Marvel so I can build out the fifth hero in the core set. Now all heroes have a prebuilt deck ready for grab and go.

If anyone else is planning on doing this with this first batch of heroes, Ms Marvel is the way to go. Captain America has a bunch of very specific Avengers cards that would be weird to have in two decks, while Ms Marvel is a more generic Protection deck that can more easily be 'customized' to whatever your fifth hero needs.

Also I was pleasantly surprised by Green Goblin. I haven't played against him yet, but when I heard there would be two scenarios, I assumed there would be shared cards between them. That is not the case at all, except for those 'basic' encounter cards. They are completely separate, so it is like getting two whole new villains. I really like the idea that we can revisit villains indefinitely under new scenarios.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

So FFG distribution in Canada continues to suck rear end.

:hmmyes:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I played against what I think is the easier of the 2 Green Goblin decks and it was pretty fun. Really different from the other villains. I ran into 2 scenarios we weren’t sure how to play.

1st one was in the encounter deck was an attachment which said to play it to a villain with the highest printed hp. This would not include the main villain as his HP isn’t printed, correct?

Also the villain was told to sometimes get a facedown boost. We assumed it was like when a hero gets an additional encounter and the card comes into play the next time the villain boosts so he would get two.

Do you think we played that correctly? The second situation I’m sure we did but I’m not sure about the first.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Consensus on discord is that villain HP is printed.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Okay. It does seem weird to me because why would they specify printed when they could just say “highest HP” at that point. I’m maybe overlooking some weird edge case scenario.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

Okay. It does seem weird to me because why would they specify printed when they could just say “highest HP” at that point. I’m maybe overlooking some weird edge case scenario.

"Highest HP" would mean "highest current hp." Highest printed is not counting damage already taken or hp boosting modifications.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

PJOmega posted:

"Highest HP" would mean "highest current hp." Highest printed is not counting damage already taken or hp boosting modifications.

The villain has highest HP for most part anyway but i guess it’s a way to guarantee it goes on him first.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Someone on eBay previously sold Dr. Strange leaked pack and is currently selling a Black Widow hero pack. Looking like these May and April heroes respectively. Sadly no Kitty Pryde.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
He apparently is also claiming to have a Hulk hero pack.

FFG must be pissed.

——-

I played 2 games now with Ms.Marvel. One with the protection deck she came with and honestly wasn’t impressed. Felt she was good but could be better. Built a aggression deck for her and absolutely loved it. She was taking down enemies left and right thanks to her support that can add 2 damage to an attack event. My friend I play with got Cap and he seemed pretty good as well.

Absolutely love this game.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The Black Stones posted:

FFG must be pissed.

I'M pissed that my store still can't get the last few packs in

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

The Black Stones posted:

He apparently is also claiming to have a Hulk hero pack.

FFG must be pissed.

——-

I played 2 games now with Ms.Marvel. One with the protection deck she came with and honestly wasn’t impressed. Felt she was good but could be better. Built a aggression deck for her and absolutely loved it. She was taking down enemies left and right thanks to her support that can add 2 damage to an attack event. My friend I play with got Cap and he seemed pretty good as well.

Absolutely love this game.

Maybe these leaks will mean they'll do another triple month early...

The two supports in Ms Marvel are awesome with aggression. 'Chase them down' adds a lot of threat reduction as well. Slide a combo under Bruno and wait for the right moment, then unleash a crazy turn unleashing hell.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'M pissed that my store still can't get the last few packs in

Yeah, that’s been utter crap. My store still hasn’t got Cap in and definitely lost sales because of it. I’ve seen tons of complaints online as well. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep
Is there any sort of indication to when another shipment of Green Goblin might be on the way?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

Yeah, that’s been utter crap. My store still hasn’t got Cap in and definitely lost sales because of it. I’ve seen tons of complaints online as well. Hopefully this doesn’t happen again.

do we have a “that’s ffg”-style emote?

EnjoiThePureTrip
Apr 16, 2011

Hauki posted:

do we have a “that’s ffg”-style emote?

:ffgqa:

Just this one based on the terrible X-Wing app they released.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The new emote is :guillotine:. A large amount of people have been laid off from Fantasy Flight Games and Fantasy Flight Interactive, probably at the behest of their private equity owners. It's been confirmed that Fantasy Flight Interactive is set to be closed down completely. It''s suspected that most of, if not all of, the RPG department has been laid off.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Rip Lord of the Rings on PC. And any hopes of getting a digital Arkham Horror.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

golden bubble posted:

The new emote is :guillotine:. A large amount of people have been laid off from Fantasy Flight Games and Fantasy Flight Interactive, probably at the behest of their private equity owners. It's been confirmed that Fantasy Flight Interactive is set to be closed down completely. It''s suspected that most of, if not all of, the RPG department has been laid off.

Gosh darn. I hope all the workers can just like, go make a new company :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

GrandpaPants posted:

Rip Lord of the Rings on PC. And any hopes of getting a digital Arkham Horror.

I believe LOTR PC was already Asmodee Digital.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So, dumb question, is Ms. Marvel/Captain America/Green Goblin actually released in the wild or is it people who got it from early release somehow? I'm gonna hate it if I missed on Kamala, especially with FFG's, uh, restructuring. (Me not getting new cards to flop is of course the very least of concerns compared to people now out of a job, mind you.)

Picked up the base game last Saturday and I've fallen in love. The only downside is I think maybe Protection's not so good solo, but other than that the game seems great. In the first game I played I thought She-Hulk was going to beat Rhino easy but then Titania showed up so I was pretty sold early on. Hoping to sell my friends on it this weekend.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
First run is sold out. Should see more in the wild soon. I don't think any of the layoffs were in the LCG dept.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

Jedit posted:

I believe LOTR PC was already Asmodee Digital.

I thought it was FFI? Either way, I feel validated for jumping ship on LOTR PC a while ago now.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

The best LOTR PC remains on OCTGN :colbert:

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I really prefer Tabletop Sim to OCTGN, simply because it's a lot closer to having that card playing -feel- to it, if that makes sense :v:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

How do you guys organize/store your LCGs, specifically Lord of the Rings? Right now I've only got the base box + the first Shadows of Mirkwood deck, and keeping my cards sorted is relatively simple (I just... keep all the base box cards in the base box, separated by type, and the Hunt for Gollum is in the box it came in). I'm planning on getting more stuff in the future though, and I can foresee sorting the collection (and finding individual cards when deckbuilding) becoming an issue.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013
LotR for me has all the player cards by sphere in their own bag. All the quest cards are in one bag. The encounter sets are each packed separately. Messy in the box, but I found it the fastest wat for me to find the encounter sets.

Arkham has player cards in a binder organised by colour. Encounter cards again in bags by set.

Marvel has heroes and their cards in separate bags. Extra player cards by color in bags. And of course the encounter cards in their own bags.

Binders are nice, but I found bags to be faster, as my group often builds deck just before playing.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Drone posted:

How do you guys organize/store your LCGs, specifically Lord of the Rings? Right now I've only got the base box + the first Shadows of Mirkwood deck, and keeping my cards sorted is relatively simple (I just... keep all the base box cards in the base box, separated by type, and the Hunt for Gollum is in the box it came in). I'm planning on getting more stuff in the future though, and I can foresee sorting the collection (and finding individual cards when deckbuilding) becoming an issue.

800ct card boxes for the scenarios and binders for the player cards sorted by sphere.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

PaybackJack posted:

800ct card boxes for the scenarios and binders for the player cards sorted by sphere.
:respek:

Same, except I use the 2-row 1600ct boxes

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I use team bags for the encounter sets.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

canyoneer posted:

I use team bags for the encounter sets.

Yeah I do baseball card team bags for the encounter sets, and store each cycle in their big box. There's enough room for all the scenario rule pamphlets and all of the encounter sets in each box.

Player cards I do binders sorted by sphere.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If anybody's curious the Ms. Marvel hero pack for Champions came back on Amazon for its MSRP, although there's no estimated delivery for it yet.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I finally got Captain America in, and he’s so much fun to play. Leadership aspect really works well with him (where I didn’t think it was great at all for Ms.Marvel) and he’s got great abilities across the board. He’s definitely making a case for top hero for me. They’ve knocked it out of the park with the first two heroes, so I’m super excited to see how the new ones will play.

I also can’t wait for Wrecking Crew. This definitely has become one of my favourite games.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

As someone just now getting into LOTR (since last week I bought all of the Mirkwood cycle, so I've got Core + a complete Mirkwood at the moment), should I be worried about FFG halting LOTR and not doing any more reprints, given all the fluctuation that's happening over there with the layoffs and cancelling Star Wars: Destiny?

My budget can't handle playing frantic catchup on LOTR before it goes out of print.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013

Drone posted:

As someone just now getting into LOTR (since last week I bought all of the Mirkwood cycle, so I've got Core + a complete Mirkwood at the moment), should I be worried about FFG halting LOTR and not doing any more reprints, given all the fluctuation that's happening over there with the layoffs and cancelling Star Wars: Destiny?

My budget can't handle playing frantic catchup on LOTR before it goes out of print.

Because it's Asmodee and FFG, you should always be a bit worried about the continuity of anything. The game is old, but it has been decently popular because of the theme. With the Amazon series coming, it would be a bit silly to give up on a card game that shares the timeline with new tv series.

For what it's worth, I've been worried about them killing LOTR for 3 years and it still hasn't happened. I think there has been rumours of some kind of rework in 2020, which would be good for you.

Fake edit: I just realised that Amazon has way more money to spend than Asmodee. They are going to buy the licence. Game's dead.