Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

being a game warden would be cool

Been playing Dragon Age again, thought you said grey warden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Being a sea pig is not a bad gig.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Melthir posted:

Being a sea pig is not a bad gig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y4DbZivHCY

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Feeling cute, might shoot a kid in the face while killing their dog later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIIpnxgdzTU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ruddiger posted:

All that was completely necessary violence and police should feel proud their compatriot made it home nice and safe from that 9 year old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMZZ5lXZFMk

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you? gently caress off with that glib poo poo.

That was a horrifying video. That cop is a loving idiot. Luckily in this case he is being fired and charged (aggravated battery, according to the news article).

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I’m not the one who came up with the thread title buddy.

Also, the judge already let the cop get away with it, so quit writing fanfic.

Judge sides with ex-officer in dog shooting, child injury

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

ruddiger posted:

I’m not the one who came up with the thread title buddy.

Also, the judge already let the cop get away with it, so quit writing fanfic.

Judge sides with ex-officer in dog shooting, child injury

I was going by the article from the video, posted here:

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/shocking-video-shows-cop-try-to-kill-a-dog-shoot-9yo-girl-in-the-face-instead/

Literally sourced/linked from the video's description.

And that result is horrible. gently caress that Judge. The loving idiot had a kid as a backstop. And the dog wasn't even big and wasn't even charging him, not that it'd be justifiable even if it was (because the kid would still be behind the dog). I really hope they win the appeal, because gently caress that guy.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 21, 2019

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bored As gently caress posted:

And that result is horrible. gently caress that Judge. The loving idiot had a kid as a backstop.

So, how difficult is it to keep pretending you and your colleagues have any form of checks and balances in play?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

“I’m just so mad we’re never held accountable”

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
remember guys theyre going to change the system from within lmao

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

remember guys theyre going to change the system from within lmao

actually possible on a local level but I'm sure your white hot internet posts are making more of a difference

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

actually possible on a local level but I'm sure your white hot internet posts are making more of a difference

Change starts with the other cop in the video who says “uh, I didn’t see anything”

:rolleyes:

I’ll be happy for the judge to prove me wrong tho. Oh wait...

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

ruddiger posted:

Change starts with the other cop in the video who says “uh, I didn’t see anything”

:rolleyes:

I’ll be happy for the judge to prove me wrong tho. Oh wait...

holy poo poo everyone here it is we found the post that will make the difference

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

holy poo poo everyone here it is we found the post that will make the difference

How many shootings did you and your friends stay quiet for?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

ruddiger posted:

How many shootings did you and your friends stay quiet for?

0, out of 33,000 NYPD officers I think we've had like 18 this year and I wasn't there for any of them so

sorry about your assumptions you made an rear end out of u and mumption

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

like I love the whole "all cops are covering for bad cops" meme like seriously try and make a cop choose between your career and his pension and see how that goes

it's pretty simple set the tone as to what kind of cop you are early and the bad cops, who are criminals, don't do stupid poo poo around you where you can report them

unfortunately, this just means they seek out other like minded cops and form weird cliques, takeover units (hello Baltimore) or just do criminal poo poo with one or two other cops they can trust

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

"how many shootings have you covered for" when one tenth of one percent of my department gets in a shooting every year

Do the math my friend

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

also coast guard has law enforcement powers and there have been coastie astronauts so nothing is beyond our grasp you cannot hide from space police

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Like, four guys from Narcotics write a new warrant policy in 2003 and drop the amount of dog shootings by 97% and then push this attitude out to patrol resulting in four dog shootings in the entire city of NYC in 2018 but yeah changing police use of force from within is impossible

total number of all police shootings including ND and adversarial shootings drops from 106 to 35 in ten years in a city of 8 million people from 2009 to 2018 largely due to the cultural shift pushed by a bunch of tactical trainers none of whom are over the rank of sgt but yeah can't lead by example

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Smiling Jack posted:

"how many shootings have you covered for" when one tenth of one percent of my department gets in a shooting every year

Do the math my friend

Love that your department is larger than many standing armies.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Love that your department is larger than many standing armies.

NYC is also bigger than a lot of countries, to be fair.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Just gonna say again that we should disarm the police.

Dude who shows up to a report of a suicidal man ready to shoot anything that moves clearly isn't responsible enough to have a gun as part of his job.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

A Bad Poster posted:

Just gonna say again that we should disarm the police.

Dude who shows up to a report of a suicidal man ready to shoot anything that moves clearly isn't responsible enough to have a gun as part of his job.

I agree with half of this post.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Wow a bunch of posts, something must be going one.

Oh, no, it's just one Smiling Jack post in seventeen parts.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

McNally posted:

Wow a bunch of posts, something must be going one.

Oh, no, it's just one Smiling Jack post in seventeen parts.

I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul -Calvin and Hobbes

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

poo poo just give me a sixxer every time I post in this thread it'll cut down on my posts

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

gently caress i cant wait to vote yes on the next attempt to raid the pfsr now jesus gently caress

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

Smiling Jack posted:

also coast guard has law enforcement powers and there have been coastie astronauts so nothing is beyond our grasp you cannot hide from space police

Someday ill be asking to see your life jackets, but in space.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So I don’t get what the point of this thread is if when every time Smiling Jack or Bored as gently caress respond to a post concerning obvious police misconduct, bad uses of force or their own opinions as to what parts of American policing are hosed and which are slightly less hosed, the usual response by many here is to treat them like they’re some avatar from officer.com or some thin blue line shitheads. I remember when GIP had actual no poo poo CHUD cops posting on the reg in here, and they’ve all moved on or been chased out for being lovely people. Is anyone actually learning anything here or is this just a chance to say gently caress you to a cop?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Melthir posted:

Someday ill be asking to see your life jackets, but in space.

inyalowda

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

pantslesswithwolves posted:

just a chance to say gently caress you to a cop?

some posters like to engage in otherizing instead of engaging, so yes, instead of actually making tangible efforts to change things they like to make posts on the internet

I'm just here because I get bored

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

is this just a chance to say gently caress you to a cop?

Yeah and it actually owns that public opinion has shifted to the point where nobody on SA respects or likes cops.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So I don’t get what the point of this thread is if when every time Smiling Jack or Bored as gently caress respond to a post concerning obvious police misconduct, bad uses of force or their own opinions as to what parts of American policing are hosed and which are slightly less hosed, the usual response by many here is to treat them like they’re some avatar from officer.com or some thin blue line shitheads. I remember when GIP had actual no poo poo CHUD cops posting on the reg in here, and they’ve all moved on or been chased out for being lovely people. Is anyone actually learning anything here or is this just a chance to say gently caress you to a cop?

Yeah echoing this, cause that's how it feels from my perspective as well.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

please knock Mom! posted:

Yeah and it actually owns that public opinion has shifted to the point where nobody on SA respects or likes cops.

that's been true since forever

have we entered a world where ACAB threads have been banned for so long that posters don't remember them?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

It's not always bad. I tossed out the idea of national police training to set standards and practices and you know actually provide decent training and it was hailed as a good idea. The main problem is you have 50 different states with 50 different standards and that's not even including the county and city guys. A lot of places have a pretty decent copper tradition of doing the right thing, some place have a lovely track record. LEO's are people and it's a poo poo job for the most part with no where near enough emphasis on training and mental health. You have a high turn over rate and in smaller departments that can't pay as much the poo poo heads generally stick around.

All that being said LEO's that circle jerk themselves over cop culture are generally toxic gently caress heads. Fortunately the CG rotates people through LEO billets fairly often so your preforming your duties in a different area every couple of years. That's not really doable for anyone but the state level guys and even then most people wouldn't sign up for that poo poo cause its rough on families. Honestly as far as the CG goes I'm a weird gently caress cause 80% of my career has been in Alaska but I also hate doing LE with a passion so I try to leave people alone as much as possible...except those fucks who dont put their kids in life jackets. I've pulled enough kids out that I will happily write people up for that poo poo until my hand starts bleeding.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
If your job involves providing prisons with slave labor you have a poo poo job and shouldn't get upset that people don't like you

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

they offer excuses for the inexcusable

Smiling jack refused to say that it’s a police officer’s duty to eliminate unnecessary risks when doing their job, which is pretty reckless.

colachute fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Dec 22, 2019

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

If your job involves providing prisons with slave labor you have a poo poo job and shouldn't get upset that people don't like you

If you continue to willingly work for a force that has a nationwide hard on for murdering random civilians, especially those of us that happen to be POC, you double shouldn't get upset that no one likes you or believes you when you claim to be 'one of the good ones'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

oh no internet posters don't like me guess I'll stop

I'm a good cop deal with it :iceburn: