Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Christmas is an important period for the Lutheran church as it attracts families that otherwise don't come to seremonies to sing Christmas carols in feel good events. Surely this is something that could be capitalized on to stop the hemorrhage of parishioners? Focus on preaching love, mutual caring, soft values, you know?

Or instead they could preach the apocalypse to come in 20 years! :hmmyes:

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-11126863

quote:

Lauritsalan kirkossa Lappeenrannassa järjestettyyn perinteiseen Kauneimmat joululaulut -tilaisuuteen oli kokoontunut viime sunnuntai-iltana täysi kirkkosalillinen seurakuntalaisia. Tunnelma oli mukavan jouluisa, kunnes muutaman joululaulun jälkeen Lauritsalan seurakunnan kirkkoherra Pentti Berg aloitti puheensa.

Puheen kantava teema oli maailmanloppu. Berg muun muassa ilmoitti, että maailmanloppu tulee vuonna 2040. Kaikki ennusmerkit sen kirkkoherra Bergin mukaan kiistatta osoittavat. Berg myös kertoi, että tiedemiehetkin ovat päätyneet maailmanlopun tulevan vuonna 2040. Kirkkoherra kannusti useaan kertaan ihmisiä lukemaan Vanhaa testamenttia, jossa maailmanlopun ennusmerkit on kerrottu.

Kauneimpia joululauluja laulamaan tulleet ihmiset vaikuttivat olevan kirkkoherra Bergin maailmanlopun ilmoituksesta varsin hämmentyneitä.

– Minulla ainakin joulufiilis latistui. Ensimmäistä kertaa tuli sellainen olo, että pitäisikö erota kirkosta kokonaan, jos tämä meininki tällaista on, kertoi lappeenrantalainen nainen tilaisuuden jälkeen.
After reporter asks about the apocalyptic service, it's time to double down:

quote:

Kirkkoherra Pentti Berg korostaa, että hän ei ole maailmanlopun kanssa yksin, vaan että hänen mukaansa maailmanlopun tulemisesta vuonna 2040 vallitsee tieteellinen näkemys.

– Ei se minun keksintöni ole. Sen asian ovat tiedemiehetkin saaneet selville, sanoo Berg.

Pentti Berg viittaa Suomen Kuvalehdessä alkuvuodesta julkaistuun (siirryt toiseen palveluun)laajaan artikkeliin, jossa kerrottiin maapalloa kohdanneista maailmanlopuista. Artikkelin mukaan maailmanloppuja on tähän mennessä ollut viisi, viimeksi 65 miljoonaa vuotta sitten, kun valtava asteroidi iskeytyi maapalloon. Sen seurauksena muun muassa dinosaurukset kuolivat sukupuuttoon.

Mutta kaikista maailmanlopuista elämä on tähän mennessä selvinnyt.

Artikkeli kertoo tutkijaryhmästä. Se on päätynyt olettamukseen, että nykyisellä vauhdilla ihminen kuluttaa luonnonvarat loppuun ja valtaa maapallon niin, että vuonna 2040 maailma voisi keikahtaa täysin toisenlaiseksi, nopeasti ja peruuttamattomasti.

– Nyt myös tiedemiehet ovat astuneet samoille linjoille, joilla me kristityt olemme olleet jo kauan aikaa. Ei tämä sen kummempaa ole, sanoo kirkkoherra Pentti Berg.

Kirkkoherra Pentti Bergillä on myös keino välttää maailmanloppu. Ihmisen pitää tehdä sovinto jumalansa kanssa. Sitä seuraa vaatimaton elämäntyyli, joka ottaa myös luonnon kantokyvyn huomioon.

– Euroopan kehitys on nyt aika sekavaa. Päätöksiä esimerkiksi ilmastokokouksissa ei pystytä tekemään. Meillä on edessä epävakautta ja isoja ongelmia, sanoo Berg.

"On sen tunnustanut kapitalistinenkin tiedemies..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
drat, what a wackjob. I wonder how many of these are hiding in dying parishes.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

matti
Mar 31, 2019

lol

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Viimeistä apokalypsiä on ennustettu jo tässä snadi tovi (since human recorded history), ja on toki edgyä sanoa, että tulispa se jo koska kaikki on niin paskaa, mutta minusta on kiva tietää, että ei, ei se ole tulossa vieläkään. Myös se olisi kiva tietää miksi löytyy niin paljon väkeä jotka haluavat kertoa kuinka me kuollaan kohta kaikki.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/valtioneuvosto/status/1207624830343897088

When's the calendar gonna arrive?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
For once, Ligur's right. I know, shocked as everyone.

The claim that we'll go extinct as a result of global warming is flat out nonsense. Even the worst case scenario cuts our food production capacity by only 99%, and starvation and fighting over food will be the primary causes of death in the climate emergency.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Kyllä pettua riittää jokaiselle

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Darkest Auer posted:

Kyllä pettua riittää jokaiselle

Kunhan valtio myy kaikki metsät Nestlelle niin petustakin taitaa tulla aika kallista tavaraa. Kieltämättä tämä ei varsinaisesti ole riittävyysongelma, mutta sehän ei lohduta paljoakaan sitä mad max - tyyppiä joka joutuu painimaan asian kanssa.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Rikkaat maanomistajat puolustamassa mäntymetsiään pesemättömiltä villi-ihmislaumoilta katajajousipyssyin :hmmyes:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The idea that humanity will die out is ludicrous. Haven't you seen any post-apocalypse movies? Haven't you read about the poo poo humanity has survived thus far? This isn't even the first climate catastrophe humanity has survived and we were naked lion dinner whose ultimate tool was a stick back then.

Whether as feral cannibals roaming the wetlands that used to be Earth's great oceanside cities, a barren depopulated post-resource-war irradiated dystopia where everyone who doubted climate change are brutally hunted down and killed, or a dozen people on an antarctic bunker who procreate by cloning, humanity will endure.

What are you worried about? We'll be fine!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'm worried the rich will survive

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

We need to create more millionaires off the backs of the poor now so we can stick them into kebabs later when all goes to poo poo.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Disruption of the gulf stream would potentially have pretty disastrous effect on northern Europe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutdown_of_thermohaline_circulation add to that the influx of climate refugees and we've got ourself one hell of a party.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Well why would The refugees come here if were all iced over :rolleyes:

Ill be going down to greece

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Lukekaa Vanhaa Testamenttia, sieltä ne vastaukset löytyvät!

Sananlaskut 21:9 posted:

Parempi asua katon kulmalla
kuin toraisan vaimon huonetoverina.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Patrocclesiastes posted:

Well why would The refugees come here if were all iced over :rolleyes:

Ill be going down to greece

I believe the science isn't actually 100% that we'd freeze over here if the gulf stream stopped. There is now also a theory that the gulf stream stopping would lead to more extreme weather instead, it will lead to colder winters, warmer summers and more storms. More extremes all around.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Can the scientists tell me exactly how to pollute to recreate the Mongolian steppe here?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Darkest Auer posted:

Can the scientists tell me exactly how to pollute to recreate the Mongolian steppe here?

Ride horse everywhere and use medieval weaponry to cut down plantation to create plains.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Someone has played Death Stranding

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Darkest Auer posted:

Ice age caused the mammoth steppe which survives in Mongolia

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

WaltherFeng posted:

Someone has played Death Stranding

Even after the apocalypse posti will worhahahahahahhahahahahshahhqhahahqhq

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

in post apocalypse finland civilization will depend on couriers running gambina and kossu to the few isolated settlements remaining

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Eagerly awaiting Fazer's neverending quest for innovation to culminate in my dream candy, a Gambina-filled liköörikonvehti.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
They have loving vihreät kuulat- konvehteja now, as if someone who doesn't like sickly sweet garbage marmalade would be convinced by a whiff of chocolate to go with it.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Catpain Slack posted:

They have loving vihreät kuulat- konvehteja now, as if someone who doesn't like sickly sweet garbage marmalade would be convinced by a whiff of chocolate to go with it.

They also have vihreät kuulat-tähtitorttuja. Every day we stray further from the light.

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

ruotsalaiset sentään keksi tehdä tuc-keksi-marabou-suklaata

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

yes but hey we put some TURKINPIPPURI into chocolata

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9FGRkqUdf8

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
https://twitter.com/adleande/status/1207580894036447232

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
jypinkylä tarttee vähemmän uudisasukkaita eikä enemmän

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

pääkaupunki jykylään niin ehkä tästäkin tulis joskus kaupunki joka ei ole ns. vitun ruma

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

ai mut vittu jengi kuitenkin äänestää kännissä ja läpällä nykäsen muistomerkiksi valaistut sukset harjun päälle, nvm

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

HerraS posted:

ai mut vittu jengi kuitenkin äänestää kännissä ja läpällä nykäsen muistomerkiksi valaistut sukset harjun päälle, nvm

I cannot see any better way of respecting the memory of Nykänen than doing something dumb kännissä ja läpällä.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
All I know about Jyväskylä I've learned from the Kalevauva song, namely that it's the Athens of Finland and full of luonnonvesiin paskojia

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/TLaunio/status/1207593636323643392

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Catpain Slack posted:

Eagerly awaiting Fazer's neverending quest for innovation to culminate in my dream candy, a Gambina-filled liköörikonvehti.

Odotas kun kuulet lihamuki-dominosta

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Oh gently caress we all just died, you guys.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
do tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
couple of two year olds just arrived at helsinki airport.